We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A The Following Community
FOX (ended 2015)
This weeks episode starts with Ryan Hardy showing various expressions of confusion about the fact that his ultimate foe has turned up on his doorstep....THE COCKBLOCKER!

The Cockblocker is surprised that Hardy is surprised at the surprising fact that she surprisingly survived her surprise attack at the end of last season. (SURPRISE!!!)

After a the briefest of moments explaining her surprise recovery - and fishing for a compliment about her hair (Yes ladies, men do know the whole self deprecation tactic is an attempt to to get a compliment) - the Cockblocker gets down to brass tacks, She wants Joe dead!

In a really weird scene, the TV Pastor from last week is on the TV, decrying Joe as a charlatan, while Joe is decrying the Pastor as a charlatan, and then all religions as false, to his own acolyte (Emma), while choosing which of his ceremonial robes to wear next, in his private quarters of the quasi religious cult that he recently took over - the one which HE decided to change the teachings of, to a more Christian ideology.
THIS IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF SH*T THAT F*CKS UP THE FOLLOWING.
IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE THIS CONVOLUTED!!!
ITS GOT GOOD ACTORS.
ITS GOT LOTS OF ACTION.
WHY THE F*CK DO THE WRITERS FEEL THE NEED TO OVER-COMPLICATE THINGS.
or it could just be me.... maybe I'm over thinking this....maybe I'm not over losing the beard........the beard......I miss you....#never forget
(Clears throat and wipes a single tear from cheek)
Also, as soon as the Evangelist mentioned the "one true JC" I thought of the'Buddy Christ' from Dogma =

Anyway....
Emma is tired of their theological discussion, and is worried about where her favorite punchbag, (Mandy), is. However, Joe is unconcerned with this situation.

Mandy is off meeting up with floppy haired twin and is put at ease with promises of a freshly baked cake...a chocolate cake.....sigh....I guess Mandy is doomed..

Team short bus now has a new member - the stabby stabby lady from last week - and a mission....to get Carrie to deliver a new message from Joe.
Hardy turns up to the scene and Carrie gives him the USB stick with the message from Joe - telling him that she has made her own copy, presumably while he bodyguards were bleeding and in agony, (but she hasn't had time to watch it because she "has been questioned non stop"......AND THE POLICE QUESTIONING HER DIDN'T STOP HER FROM MAKING A COPY??????)
I wonder if she called 911 before or after she made the copy.
Hardy insists she go into full protective custody, and things get awkward when Carrie wants to spend the night....SO SHE HAS BEEN....

Mandy is reunited with Lilly finally, but there is no cake yet....

Instead of getting the rest of Team Rogue to analyze Joe's message, (you know Max and Mike...the tech whiz and profiler), Ryan and Claire view the video - and after another theological debate Claire thinks she's convince Hardy to take her with him to hunt down Joe (and protect Pastor Tanners son), but Hardy lies and goes off on a rogue escapade in the rogue mobile with Rogue Agent, Mike, "call me rogue", Weston.

However, Team Shortbus are ahead of Team Rogue and are already on Tanners sons campus, and kill a guard for asking them what they were doing on campus - I like Team Shortbus, there's no wasting time, trying to talk your way out of a situation, they embrace their whole 'psychos on a rampage' theme and kill without hesitation.
In the rogue mobile, team rogue have a stilted conversation about Mikes motivation for getting The Cockblocker into witness protection, and I can't tell whether Hardy forgives him for hiding The Cockblockers fate from him.

Back at Camp Holy Roller, Emma has finally worked out how to use the camp security system and uncovers the fact that Mandy has left. And Joe actually seems disappointed by this.

Meanwhile Lilly is trying to lure Mandy to the other dark side with chocolate cake and the promise of world travel, but Mandy won't betray Joe and it becomes obvious that Mandy is in for a harsh time at the hands of the family of freaks.

Team Shortbus are so far ahead of Team Rogue right now that they have time to kill a rather rude college bro and his skank for being mean to blonde shortbus member while waiting for the Pastors son:.
And I side with the members of Team Shortbus on this for a few reasons:
* If you are having sex and don't want to be disturbed, LOCK THE F*CKING DOOR!
* There is no need to repeatedly insult someone you just met.
* The girl was, in my eyes, equally as rude as her proposed sperm donor
* College bro seemed like the kind of guy you see on the news, closely followed by the words "suspected date rapist"
* Team Shortbus probably saved the girl an uncomfortable conversation with her chemist about the morning after pill.
Mandy is having her own problems with some bro's at Lilly's house when the twins decide to play spin the bottle with her - I'm guessing that at some unseen point one of the twins dared the other one to kiss him...and he did.
I feel sorry for Mandy...sure, she killed her mom, but you have to admit she is kinda sweet.

Some of Team Shortbus are filming their latest Youtube video, while the other members are gluing 'Joe' masks to the other kids faces - which would probably be a more impressive visual tableau if they killed the kids I suppose - but get interrupted by Team Rogue.

One of Team Shortbus is killed while the rest escape with the Pastors son. Hardy pursues them in the rogue mobile.
Back at Camp Loon, Emma uncovers the way Mandy contacted Lilly, and tries to convince Joe not to contact Lilly on the number they found - I forget whether Joe broke the phone that the FBI couldn't trace a few episodes ago, but it would sure come in handy - but Joe rings the number.

Lilly tells Joe he can come get her in person, but Joe says "I love you mouse" and hangs up - and I am sad because Mandy is a very sympathetic character..

The FBI and local police have turned up at the frat house but Hardy is now in full "I'M A MUTHA F*CKING ROGUE AGENT" Mode and is following Team Shortbus.

Joe is not coping too well with the apparent loss of Mandy and blames Emma. However she is not accepting any blame, and in a moment filled with true menace Joe turns on Emma - and an uncontrollable grin appears on my face!
This scene conveys so much and I have to give credit to both actors - James Purefoy was really intimidating and Valorie Currys reaction really added to the moment.
The spell is broken when Joe's 2nd message is delivered by Carrie Cook on the news.

Which transitions straight over to Hardys apartment where Claire in her infinite wisdom reveals herself to Carrie Cook - OF COURSE SHE DID, WHY THE F*CK WOULDN'T SHE?. ITS NOT LIKE SHE IS PUTTING HERSELF, HER SON AND HER MOTHER IN DANGER BY REVEALING THE FACT THAT SHE IS ALIVE.

My dog jumped off the couch when this happened, either because of my roar of "For f*ck sake!" or because she couldn't stand the plot anymore.

It turns out that Lilly was true to her word and she killed Mandy - and I now want Joe to show the same level of menace he showed earlier when he eviscerates this entire brood - sorry about your Pa Weston, but I liked Mandy a lot more and you would probably kill them way too quick for my liking:

The episode ends with Team Shortbus returning to Korban with the pastors son in tow, and Ryan Hardy acting like a perv hiding in the woods - possibly fully erect!

Stuff:
* When the Cockblocker made this comment:
"The hair? Are you kidding me. It takes a lot of work to make it look this bad."
I would have LOVED Hardy to reply with -
"Yeah you're right! It looks like someone dragged you through a bush. You could have at least made an effort. HAVE SOME SELF RESPECT!"

* Claire is soooo clingy in my mind - both Joe and Hardy have moved on and BOTH seem happier for it, why doesn't she understand...THEY'RE JUST NOT INTO YOU! LET IT GO!
* I hope Tiffany Boone is on TV more, she was a bright spot as Mandy this season - she reminded me of Taraji P. Henson in some of her earlier roles.

* Will anyone be ringing the number displayed on The Baltimore Gazette web page?
98 Comments
Comments (98)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Any chance that lilly could up for mum of the year plus if I was offered some cake I would out of there quick. At least mandy makes a good hatstand lol
Flag
I wonder if she will turn up in the remaining episodes - just sat in the corner
Flag
haha, in that scene with spin the bottle, it has also crossed my mind that one twin dared another one to kiss him (and he did), glad that I'm not the only one here with sick thoughts :')
p.s. also sorry for Mandy :(
Flag
possible dvd extra?
Flag
I liked this episode. But omg just kill Claire - pls someone?? How annoying is she? such a stupid stupid woman. Is she seriously pissed of cause Ryan found another woman? I mean is she serious? No one - NO ONE needs u Claire. U know when she wanted to come with Ryan I was just like: you are annoying and u dont belong here and who the hell do u think you are? like a needy little kid... and your hair looks horrible!

Well Mandy.. that wasnt a smart move was it? I felt really sorry for her tho. You know as much as I hate this freak bus (they are Team Joe), I cant stand Lily and her freaky sons - I mean they dance, have sex, have dinner with dead people... like wtf

I actually liked Joe in this episode - see he seems alright, if he would stop the killing he would be a nice guy to a have a beer with haha
Emma and Joe - I think someone is gonna have a fall out soon

What I wanna say to all the moms out there: pls be nice to your kids, give them heaps of love because otherwise its so easy to get them on the dark side..look at Mandy she just wanted love and a cake.. poor naive girl

Last but not least: The freak bus - can someone just explode it? Set it on fire? something - I hate all of them! I mean that dude who called blondie fat - wtf boy youre an ass! , but still its like go and see a shrink - all of u ! I was glad they shot her boyfriend. In your face psych girl!

And I have to say: I really miss Ryan shooting people. Look i normally hate it, but on this show I love it - I hope Ryan brought a big gun ( even I would prefer if he would kill Lily and her freak show)
More+
Flag
I like Joe a lot more when he is not doing deluded monologues
Flag
I liked what he said - cause its true. And to be honest just cause he takes over a religion cult and has followers doesn't mean that he believes it - he loves to kill and he knows how to get people to do it... I can remember if he ever said that he believes in god or anything so I just think its funny when he gets angry bout other people like the priest or Micah... its bizzare cause he is so crazy aswell but he knows it so he thinks he is better than them
Flag

I was really disappointed that they killed off Mandy. Not only was she sweet but she had flashes where she came across as quite strong - standing up to Emma, and staying loyal to Joe. I was hoping that they'd develop the character a bit more and make her a strong rival to Emma. maybe have some one-upmanship as they try to do outdo each other in a fight for Joe's affections. I like the idea of Joe killing Lilly and the twins very slowly in retribution though. that would make her death worthwhile.
Flag
I was hoping Mandy would kill Emma and have Joe see her as a daughter - which I think he did
Flag
I actually enjoy these reviews more than show.
Flag
Thanks
Flag
.... while choosing which of his ceremonial robes to wear next, in his private quarters of the quasi religious cult that he recently took over - the one which HE decided to change the teachings of, to a more Christian ideology.-----have u seen the ep??joe also said that religion has power!!!!power to the masses.. so he is using all those ppl who are willing to do anything in the name of god...nothing sloppy from the writers there!!really good episode
Flag
Yes I have seen the episode - the entire post is a recap.

And if you are going to quote me, use the whole thing:

"In a really weird scene, the TV Pastor from last week is on the TV, decrying Joe as a charlatan, while Joe is decrying the Pastor as a charlatan, and then all religions as false, to his own acolyte (Emma), while choosing which of his ceremonial robes to wear next, in his private quarters of the quasi religious cult that he recently took over - the one which HE decided to change the teachings of, to a more Christian ideology."

I underlined the important part for you

Joe has no justification for his anger - he is doing the same thing as the religious leader he is railing against.
Even a psychopaths motivation should be valid, not convoluted
Flag
he is a psycho! he doesn't need an excuse for that...
and yes he is doing the same thing as the pastor ,but,he does it in order to control them!!he said that religion is power...i think the msg is pretty clear and as i said b4 there is no sloppy writing...he uses the relligion in order to control his fellow psychos...
Flag
That was a sloppily written scene and no episode of The Following has ever been "really good".
Disagree with me all you like.
Hopefully you will write your own recap for the next episode, where you can extol the virtues of The Following to like minded individuals.
I suspect you won't though.
Flag
Just seen the trailer for the next episode showdown at the OK corral LOL
three episodes of this dramatic unintentionally nonsense for u junkies out there. I see the security watchdog camper has gone to sleep again probably drooling over Joe beard RIP how hardy manage to evade the camera's?
Flag
how hardy manage to evade the camera's? - HE'S A VAMPIRE!!!!!
Flag
So this week I spent the entire episode being like, oh god, is Emma actually the most competent person on this show? When did this happen? How did this happen? I say this for a number of reasons;
- She was the first one to notice Mandy was gone and tried to tell Joe
- When he didn't believe her she found proof
- She suggested he not phone Lily cause the call could be traced

Like I'm beginning to think if she switched teams they'd catch Joe in no time... maybe it's just me but she seems like the only one actually using their brain consistently on this show...
Flag
I'm surprised that she hasn't killed off Joe and taken over. She'd do a much better job.
Flag
Lily should have stayed "dead"! I mean, Joe is no longer trying to kill her and she keeps saying her killing Joe is the only way to stay safe...no B&^%h, him believing you are dead was the best way to stay safe, and guess what, he did! You could have been sipping on rum in Jamaica! I know writers like to create heroes who risk their lives but c'mon, she was brought back to life just to add a little love triangle element that seems to be a necessity everywhere. I miss The Following's first season. There was dialogue but a lot of action/chase. This season is missing what the twisted parts of ourselves made us love the following.
Flag
I am not too sure about emma using her brain she did go through that whole girl with the dragon tattoo hair do phase, go cyberpunk !LOL
Flag
Did you mean Claire?
Flag
LOL yes Claire. Sorry the episode was pissed me off.
Flag
In my humble opinion this is your best(and funniest) the Following review so far, well done Grumpy!
This show leaves me always confused, this season is so much better crap than last season, I hated all the Poe from Joe, I often cried for James Purefoy and wondered what he did to tv-producers to hate him so much(lol) - so I'm totally on board with Joe and flock's weird journey through insanistan - so far. I think it's fun. As clumsy as it is executed, it's fun to FOLLOW this "journey" through sects and simple ideologies... But then all the time the new/old killing sprees, preferable with knives, - and I do like graphic violence, I like action and some sort of tension - but I don't know how to "force" myself to like them - it's so much parody and grossness at the same time, it's like eating honey buns with a hot spicey soup it's fun at first but then it's terrible and then you get sick...
I hardly doubt I made myself understandable, it happens, sorry I should have deleted my comment...
And why the fuck did Dogma's Buddy Christ remind me of this:

More+
Flag
oooh, Buddy Bateman!
Flag
I know Claire isn't well liked but she's one of my favorite characters and I'm glad that she's back. Now, the reporter lady (whose name I refuse to learn), can she get stabbed to death infinite number of times? Because, if she doesn't go I'm out. Also Ryan's niece is the most useless character on this show. Get rid of her too.
Flag
I'm undecided between reporter lady and Claire - not really bothered if either dies (because there is a possibility they could come back next season)
Flag
I think Lilly and her lovely family should have their own cooking show instead Come dine with me "Come Slaughter With Me " and have a few games included Truth or Dare , Knife throwing , a bit of Glee ,Etc.LOL
Flag
I don't think Lily is cruel enough to make er victims watch Glee.
Flag
LOL, I think you are my favorite person here.
Flag
Any chance grumpy clown can put the scooby doo theme tune on the clip of them arriving at the frat house LOL
Flag
Joe's being pretty transparent about the fact that he's just manipulating his new flock. One week they're still star worshippers, next they're Christian extremists and now they're anti-religious extremists. Next they'll be drawing the flying spaghetti monster in blood at their murder scenes.
Flag
or making speeches about time being a flat circle...
Flag
So since I read your review before watching, I was laughing so hard! When the Cat Lady showed up all I could think was where her Cat might be! ;) Always good stuff Grumpy!
Kevin Bacon's facial expression where awesome tonight. When he hugged Carrie after her run in with "Team Shortbus" his look said, "Ugh, I'm sorry but I've got to figure out how to dump you." Mandy's death was actually kind of sad, I loved the dinner. Emma better watch out. I think she is losing Joe. Where was MC Robert tonight? And why why why why why would Claire reveal herself to Carrie?! She might as well pee on everything and mark her territory.
Flag
MC Robert is still waiting for Emma by the bunkbeds
Flag
Nicely done, Grumpyclown! Laughing at this show is a highlight in my TV week. Like a trainwreck, I can't turn away, despite how awful the show really is. So I thank you most sincerely for taking the time to do these visual recaps. Thanks Grumps!
Flag
" I can't turn away, despite how awful the show really is" = NAILED IT!
Flag
Ugh God...the return of Clare! Her mere presence is annoying never mind making stupid decisions to reassert herself into the investigation. I'm not enjoying the Corben cult, things were much better when Joe had a network of followers he could orchestrate. Mandy being killed off is a mistake, I loved the way she would'nt let Emma intimidate her. Definitely team Shortbus.
Flag
The rest of the cult has been very disappointing - Team Shortbus has been doing all the work
Flag
As soon as Mandy called Lily I knew she was a goner. And then as soon as the twin that came to get her asked her where Joe was and she wouldn't tell him I thought "oh this b*tch straight bout to get got. Mandy bout to get straight up murdered. What an idiot."
Flag
Pretty much - but her death might be the motivation for a Joe/Lily faceoff
Flag
Not to be over analytical or make Mandy more intelligent than she was,but how could she not know refusing to tell Lily and her brood of psychopaths Joe's whereabouts would not bode well for her.

Speaking of intelligence Grumpyclown I think your dog is wiser than the lot of us.
Flag
"Speaking of intelligence Grumpyclown I think your dog is wiser than the lot of us." - and she always manages to con a treat out of me after The Following. She has a look on her face that seems to say "I deserve a treat for sitting through that!"
Flag
Is this show heading towards the finale like the asteroid in Armageddon yet is just I don't know how they can fit in the whole Joe versus Lilly saga. Also resolving hardy cockblocker threesome and lastly whereabouts of the Goat guy. I do think that cockblocker (stupid reporter) has the worst protection detail I mean soon as the scooby gang turn up start spraying the car didn't the so called bodyguard think it was ambush.

Claire has to the most stupid in this all this hello I here everyone ! she's a goner . I am not to sure about Mandy she had a few choices firstly go on her own serial vendetta or join up with Lilly and her gruesome twosome twins. But the dinner scene was like a horror version of "come dine with me" or Hannibal LOL. Do this faternity houses spend most of time either making fat jokes or partying obviously not paying attention to the news (Joe scooby gang killing people everywhere) useless security. I suppose picking holes in the Following is like watching Friday 13th films over and over again. Kevin was in one of those as well and looking forward to next episode for my weekly fix Joe versus Evangelist nut job !
More+
Flag
I wouldn't be too surprised if the writers decided to do another dazzling plot twist and have Carrie go off into the sunset with Claire
Flag
Thanks for the reviews. I refuse to watch this show and the only way it could possibly redeem itself is to admit it's a spoof comedy. The captions are great and would be a better show if it was just laid out in that fashion. Trying to say this is anywhere near realistic or dramatic is a total crock. Writers were off the rails from ep.1. I gave them 7 hours of my time and as I read the summaries I see the show has only gotten worse. Absolutely amazed it's been renewed again, can only expect it to spiral into further farce.
Flag
I've got a funny feeling Joe will actually survive to season 3 - so the stupidity can carry on at the same levels
Flag
'Buddy Christ'. Yeah, back when Kevin Smith made some good movies. I miss George Carlin. 'The one true JC!'

We need a poll right now: Natalie Zea v. Sprague Grayden? - (I think Ryan's look when he saw Clair made it obvious who he wants?) 'She decides to pull THIS when I'm banging Donna Winston?!?!?!?' NOOOOOOOOOO! Raylan Givens should never ... ever .... head to Miami. Damn I'm mixing up shows again..... But then dumb dumb Claire decides to let THE REPORTER in on the big secret; clearly just to pull a cockblock. Can they just let Kevin Bacon dance? Why couldn't Claire just have been able to let out one emphatic 'SURPRISE MOTHERF_ _ KERS!' Then we might like her.

Or the third choice and the one that I'm thinking the stars are going to line up for Connie Neilsen's delightful Lily Gray. She and Ryan are starting to share the same mind in their obsession with the man, the myth, THE BEARD!, Joe Carroll. They need to have sex. Why are so many Danish actors playing psychopaths on American television shows? -- We have Mads Mikkelsen as 'Hannibal Lecter', Ulrich Thomsen as 'Kai Proctor; 'Banshee'' and Ms. Nielsen as 'Lily Gray' on this mess. This is the dinner party Joe Carroll should be throwing. Those 3 characters together at dinner, with Carroll hosting, would be the greatest dinner party ever. He could serve up Emma. With Burton and the twins at the kids table with Mandy's corpse and Will Graham. Who ever gets this reference - you have occasionally great taste in TV! (I say occasionally because we are all here.)

Mandy was the most decent murderer on this show but they really never defined her character. I mean her mother was a whore that brought clients into their home but was murder the only choice? Too bad about losing Tiffany Boone from this cast - praying to god that doesn't mean they bring back Ryan and Claire's dopey love child now. Mandy seemed to move on from Joe to Lily quickly because she was angry with how Joe was doing things and Emma's hold - So why not just give him up? She knows he can't die on this show and it could clear the decks of Emma; cause everyone that isn't.... no everyone hates her. Why isn't Emma becoming a 'Lily Gray' on her own? Joe f'd her over supremely last season and it seems looming again this year. She's the smartest exceptionally dumb person on this show. I love it that she's still around. The writers are doing the difficult - which devil do you have the most sympathy for attempt and so far I'm pulling for Emma until The Beard returns. I have no idea who this shaved fellow is that's trying to make 'Ed' scared. 'Ed' the televangelist! This show needs more Tom Cavanagh. Damn Grumpyclown you hit the nail on the head - they've assembled this really good cast - with the exception of 'the other Ashmore brother', the one that was in 'X-Men' - he's terrible and I hate Mike Weston. Really, you couldn't have just mentioned something (Cockblocker lives!!!!!) that was pushing Hardy back into a bottle didn't really happen, a pretty big something. Did he think if he just let Ryan go on he'd get to have a go at Claire? They can't write a good episode so the actors are kind of just creating these characters as they go and the better ones are doing a better job but bad writers ruin everything good. All these writers are doing is putting simple plot contrivances in to move the plot as the motives of the characters seem to change with the wind. When is Joe just going to start drinking again? 'cause drunk James Purefoy is gold. When is Sam the Fed going to get to do more than babysit the cockblocker? Love that old dude.

Carroll's followers must love it that the police are so damn dumb. They've put this reporter in mortal danger twice now in service of someone very high on FBI Most Wanted and conveniently they are able to get in, get their job done with some murdering, and either get killed or get home. I mean if this happens again then I think the locals may have to revolt against the police. And then she just produces a segment featuring the tape and puts it on tv. That is evidence tampering sweetheart. A piece of evidence came from most wanted and she's been handling it all day bare handed. 'Em, hello police is anybody home? (cue 'Yakety-Sax')

Why would frat kid just start making cruel fat jokes when interrupted prior to sexing? You aren't scared at all when strangers come in to your room at your frat house while you are getting some? I'd be completely freaked out before I started leveling the fat jokes. And all of those people were way too sober in the frat house as well. If it was this easy to get away with everybody would be a murderer. And of course they kill the girls first because this is a Kevin Williamson show. I feel bad for girl who was going to get date raped by Pastor 'Ed''s son and instead got shanked by something else entirely across her throat.

I have way too many thoughts about this show and am glad our host is still bringing us this greatness every week. With pictures!!!!

More+
Flag
Poll

Flag
or both
Flag
I considered that option, but I decided that I didn't want to put Ryan in that much danger. ;-)
Flag
"He could serve up Emma. With Burton and the twins at the kids table with Mandy's corpse and Will Graham. Who ever gets this reference - you have occasionally great taste in TV! (I say occasionally because we are all here.)" = I GOT EVERY ONE!!!

Flag
Grumpy, I don't watch the show...but I love your reviews. It is almost like the show could be good if they allowed you to do captions as it played out. Then it would be a Comedy (as it should be). And I ripped on it during every Almost Human review (it was it's lead in). I am certain I enjoy this show more just reading this. I know Nielson is pissed but oh well. Carry on my friend! (Admit it. You hate watch this, don't you? ;-p )
Flag
Do I hate watch it?

Or

Maybe all my scorn is part of a surprising plot to surprise everyone in the finale recap by surprising the creators of The Following with a surprisingly positive review, where I agree with all the oh so subtle nuances they surprised the audience with.

Flag
Go with that. It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Flag
"What's the first rule, Mike?"
"Bros before ho's"

HA! Nicely played. That actually made me giggle out loud.

OMG THIS SHOW IS SOOOOOOOO BAD. But it's bad in that it provides an outlet for snarky reviews, so maybe it's not that bad after all?

F*cking Claire. I forgot how irritating she was. I'm not sure which was the worse idea, her trying to convince Ryan that the two of them should go after Joe's minions at the college ALONE or popping up in front of Carrie at the end. Didn't Mike, not 10 seconds prior, tell her to go hide in the bedroom? I guess Claire just had to let her know that she was back in the picture and Thunder Dome Ryan Hardy Edition was on like Donkey Kong. What a wench. She needs to get dead real quick. And for real dead, not just make believe dead.

I feel dirty.
Flag
"I feel dirty."....and not in a good way.

I can't work out the benefit of bringing Claire back.

If they kill her, its pointless unless the goal is to have Hardy split up with the reporter and be all mopey for next season - which they could accomplish by killing the reporter.

If they brought her in to give Hardy a happy ending, then why even bring in the Carrie Cook character - Joe could use any reporter the way he used her to get his message out
Flag
They probably brought in the reporter as love interest so they could kill her off. It's been a while since Ryan lost someone he cares about and the writers are scared that audience will lose sympathy for him. :-)
Flag
You're presuming that any level of thought went into story and character development. I think they're just making this up on the fly and that, "You know, we never saw Clair die, maybe we should put her in WITSEC and have her come back...umm...just 'cause?"
Flag
Grumpyclown I LOVE your reviews; they make the show worth watching.....and that in itself is a miracle. Personally I think we're on the road to my dream ending - Joe becoming the good guy and Hardy going psycho. Clair's going to drive Hardy insane with the whole cockblocking thing; I mean come on, we're told guys think about sex every 7 seconds and you have this idiot popping up like a crazed banshee every time he thinks about sex - so every 7 seconds she's going to pop into his mind and yell "COCKBLOCKED!" That's got to drive anyone crazy.

Joe, angry over the death of his beloved Mouse, will turn on the rest of the nutjob brigade and kill them all. He will find he prefers killing bad people. He decide to rid the world of criminals.......only to find Hardy has taken his place as the resident serial killer of.....well, anyone. The nutjob brigade will return as zombies, which means that Clair's safe because they only go after people with brains, and Joe will be facing a zombie apocalypse as well a cockblocked cop gone bonkers......I can't wait. ;)
Flag
or Hardy jumps out of the woods AND JOINS JOE!!!

Is that anymore unlikely than keeping the cockblocker alive?
Flag
Honestly? NOTHING is anymore unlikely than letting the cockblocker live - and with no explaination how it happened; I mean is she a vampire or something and we weren't told?

I quite like your scenario - Hardy and Joe going round the country killing all the cockblocker lookalikees......
Flag
I hate myself so much for watching this show. It cannot even be defined a guilty pleasure! It sooooooooo Stupid! Why not call Campus Police while on the way and let them at least secure the place until they get there. This is just one thing and I don't even want to remember the rest!
Flag
They didn't call them for the same reason that they didn't call the FBI. Their goal was to find Joe and kill him. Anyone they call is going to interfere with that.
Flag
"Why not call Campus Police" - totally agree.

But Team Rogue play by their own rules!

Flag
I suspect they'll keep Tiffany Boone on to play Mandy's corpse or for a part in Joe's inevitable guilt hallucination/cameo, or something.

And dagnabbit it, it's Lily, not Lilly. At least, that's what the Fox press releases and the closed captioning say.

*shrug* I didn't get the mask-gluing thing. Wouldn't it have worked better to convince Ryan to mistakenly shoot some of them if... well, Team Shortbus showed tossing more of them at Mike and Ryan? Instead, Lucas attacks Mike. Worst Plan Ever part #32.

But of course, Lucas had to die so no one would confuse him with Luke. Bringing in a guest star with a very similar name to a main star's character = redshirt death.
Flag
I shall have a different spelling of Lily for you next week ;-)

The explanation Mike gave was something like "They glued masks on them to try and make us kill a few of them" - as I said, it would have been a more impressive visual if they killed the students, then glued the masks on.

Flag
It would have been a more impressive visual if Team Shortbus actually made any efforts to have Mike and Ryan kill any of the fraternity folks. Locking them in a room that Mike and Ryan can't see into, and then shoving one guy out and Lucas come charging out by his lonesome, doesn't really do it.

Plus, was there any reason for Joe to think Ryan and Mike would just go berserk and shoot anyone in a mask? Even if Joe figured the FBI would be there instead, even the FBI doesn't seem that incompetent to just charge into a room and shoot anyone with a Joe mask.
Flag
I have another problem with Team Shortbus putting the masks on the kids - unless Team Shortbus called the authorities themselves, they couldn't be sure if any of them would have been killed "accidentally" by the FBI or police
Flag
I figure that was part of the plan eventually, but Mike and Ryan interrupted them.
Flag
I like team Shortbus. They are so uncompromising.
Especially Fat Chick. She is seriously badass.
Flag
I keep getting a mental image of Pam from Archer everytime she turns up
Flag
"The Cockblocker is surprised that Hardy is surprised at the surprising fact that she surprisingly survived her surprise attack at the end of last season (SURPRISE!!!)" My water came out of my nose! I'm dying! Tears of laughter! Your best sentence! Oh and a Buddy Christ from Dogma picture! Fantastic!
Well I'm bad because I haven't watched last night but couldn't resist reading your review first. Having your words in the back of my head will enhance my viewing experience! I'll check back in after!
Flag
I loved Jays reaction to God turning up:

Flag
Follow this Show
Members