A The Following Community
FOX (ended 2015)
Before I start my weekly ravings, a little note from myself and other contributing users:

“I have a request. If you liked reading this post, please give it a heart, either on the top right side or bottom left side of the post. Please do this for all the (featured) posts from all the writers you read and like. It is the reward for us (non-paid amateur) writers who try to make this site more fun for us all. In this way we know it is appreciated what we do and we will keep on writing.”

Oh one other thing - I took a lot of cold medicine before writing/watching and my brain is a bit fuzzy.

And now, THE INSANITY CONTINUES!!!

This week begins with the twins dealing with the news that "MOM'S DEAD!" and I can't wait until these 2 dipshits join her - because the Luke/Mark "I talk to dead people" comedy act has gotten really annoying.

I must say the part where Mark pushed Trisha into the dashboard did give me a giggle.

Which is then erased with the whole "They shot my ma! I ain't got no pa! They's a gonna pay!", or similar vow of vengeance uttered by Luke.

I start to hate myself for being addicted to this show just in time for the credits.

Back at Hardys bloodbath Camp Korban, Team Rogue have decided that its probably best NOT to admit that Mike just executed Lily and come up with a pretty unconvincingly acted lie - and seeing as they are dealing with the FBI and NYPD, they get away with it.

Ryan casually informs the FBI that roughly 40 Korbanites, with weapons and explosives, escaped - which the FBI guy just seems to shrug off.

FBI guy takes this opportunity to inform Hardy that Claire and Carrie have been talking and Hardy reacts like there is a large, heavily armed group of psychopaths and deviants probably about to engage in some type of murderous spree.

Mike starts giving Ryan some attitude when he suggests he gets some rest. But Mike doesn't want to take a nap - I've seen this in toddlers before. They get cranky when they're over tired.

Ryan decides to tell Mike "You're better than me" and everything is good between them.

Over at the Pastors place, a package was dropped off in his backyard which contains a note and a phone.

Which he decides not to share with the FBI - and going on their track record in this show, its an understandable decision.

Claire lets Ryan in on her brain fart of a plan, and when this dialogue is exchanged:

Ryan: The man tried to kill you
Claire: Then let him try again!

I start muttering to myself "Yes, let him try again, let him try again until he gets it right!"
My dog looks at me funny and leaves the couch....I don't blame her.

However Ryan doesn't just say "Ok" and instead tries to convince Claire to leave. Claire responds by viciously invading Ryan's personal space:

Ryan feels dirty from this exchange - probably because Claire's haircut closely resembles 'bed head' (seriously bitch, buy a brush!) - and leaves. At which point Claire discovers Ryan's stash of weapons and explosives and you can see the tiny gears in her brain starting to go to work

Team Shortbus embark on their journey with Joe's blessing.

Emma tries to talk Joe out of going after Claire and somehow Joe turns this around and send her and MC Robert off to scout the location she has been reasonably decrying as a trap - will there be an Emma/ Claire showdown???

I am undecided as to whether I care.

Team Rogue delivers the news that the Pastors son is alive, and that he is a possible target for Team Joe. However the Pastor doesn't want their protection or heed their advice about security, and he receives a phone call from Joe, telling to await further instructions following a "sign."

The sign turns out to be Cat lady trying to burn herself alive.

The Pastor follows instructions and leaves with Team Shortbus.

Joe takes a break from his kidnapping plan to spend some time manipulating Emma - whether this is because he senses she has doubts or because he's bored is unclear right now.

Meanwhile Hardy has discovered the Pastor is gone, but his security has placed a tracker on him - is it weird they had a tracker just lying around the house? Nevermind.

Team Shortbus take the Pastor to a Church, where other Korbanites have blended in with the attendee's - but also disperse a lot of stuff marked "Explosive liquid" (I wonder if that stuff is dangerous?).

After securing the Church, Joe appears OUT OF NOWHERE!! (I checked 3 times, he's not in the crowd when they enter the church, he wasn't already there and he wasn't part of Team Shortbus - ITS A MIRACLE!!!) - and decides to take over the services.

Emma and Robert are at the stakeout and after a little chat about death - which, by her replies could also be about being deaf:

Emma: It gets really quiet and there's only silence

Either way, its a bit depressing.

Over at the Church we get our first random killer of the week death, which entices Hardy to ignore backup and S.W.A.T. to go Rogue - as he was running off i thought he was saying "Team Rogue rules!", but I may have imagined it.

They conveniently find an open window and enter the Church.

And immediately have to hide from 2 Korbanites who set a trip wire explosive device to their point of access - I laughed, shrugged it off and moved on.
I just accept these things now.

In a move that should surprise no one, Claire manages to outsmart and overpower 2 armed, fully trained FBI agents/ Marshall's and escapes her protective custody - my brain suddenly screams "STOP HER! SHOOT THE BITCH!", but alas, nothing.
She is now free to enact her "plan".

Back inside the church, Joe shows Pastor Tanner the video his son made - not this one:

But the one from last week where he was forced to kill that girl (I forgot her name).
Joe begins streaming the hostage situation over the internet - Netflix and Amazon are probably negotiating right now - and gives the Pastor the chance to save his sons life, by renouncing God and begging Joe ("And throw in a praise Joe" was a nice line).

But Joe wants more. He wants one of them to kill the other.

And, in what is now becoming a theme for this episode, the Pastor kills himself, albeit to save his son, but still...

Mike manages to get the security feed operating again and patches in the FBI.
And then comes up with a plan WHERE EVERYBODY DIES!!
SO...
ANGRY... AT...
STUPID... WRITING... (passes out)
My dog wakes me up by licking my face and I then spend 5 minutes telling her what a good girl she is and giving her treats.

When I turn back to the screen, Claire has a gun pointed at Emma and I am ambivalent, because I see whats coming.

And no shocks whatever when M.C. Robert knocks the cockblocker down.
But in a twist, Emma shoots Robert so she can kill Claire - am I the only person who thinks Emma put more thought into her plan than Claire did?

Claire manages to flee into the darkest room in the hotel, and pulls a knife - then manages to sneak up on Emma and hits her....

YOU HAVE A F*CKING KNIFE CLAIRE! ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! STAB THE BITCH!

A bit of a scuffle ensues and Emma impales herself on Claire's knife....

OMFG! THESE WOMEN ARE F*CKING BRAIN DAMAGED!

And is then defenestrated 20 feet onto and concrete surface...but lives....

F*CK - RIGHT - OFF!

So Claire now obviously thinks Emma is a vampire, because she kills her with a stake through the heart!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SH*TTING ME!

And then the most random thing possible happened.
The twins turned up...

I pause the show, the room is very quiet.

My dog looks at me, then turns and goes upstairs.

All I can hear is the blood pounding in my temples and my brain is very sore.
I could gleefully and brutally kill Kevin Williamson and the entire writing staff of The Following right now.

And no one would blame me.

This scene would be my defense.....

Back at the church, Ryan stealthily takes out one of Joe's sentries and then Mike gets spotted because he does not understand the concept of stealth!

In order to save the Pastors son, Mike gives himself up.
And then lets it slip that Ryan is there...because Mike has turned into the dumbest rogue agent ever since he entered the church.

Joe gives Ryan a warning, "MIKEY IS GOING TO DIE RYAN! IN 3....2....1"
BANG! A gunshot goes off just as we fade to black!

And we have our cliffhanger for the finale!

STUFF -

*How do you feel about Claire killing Emma?

*Exactly how did the twins break the secret code message Claire sent Joe?

* Defenestration is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window. I first heard of it in a DC comic called Hitman. There was a reoccurring character called The Defenestrator - can you guess what his special ability was?

*Claire's plan did partially work......WTF????

*Why didn't Emma turn on the lights before proceeding into the hotels darkest room?
92 Comments
Comments (92)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Apr 25, 2014
Just seen the trailer for the finale looking bad for our claire and hardy , the twins got them playing russian roulette ! There is no sign of Mandy Hatstand and Joe beard is coming back with a vengeance. I wonder if the dumb reporter cockblocker is in the game as well tough choice for Hardy two cockblockers mmmm !
By the way emma and Lilly come back in the Following season 3 (Joe Alien Abductees )LOL
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Top notch review as usual, my Liege. The Following is so full of TV cliches that nobody is making any YouTube parodies on them. Without the excellent acting by Bacon/Purefoy, this would never hold, no way, no how. Honestly, this is so bad that I can't find words that have not been spoken below to capture the vast stupidity of it.
Okay, I did appreciate that the Pastor did the Christian thing and killed himself in this context. But other than that, I am just making an act of presence and a chance to have myself a Murphys
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
I was thinking of making some videos, but they would take too much time
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Loved the review, do feel bad about bacon and purefoy but i find a little hope in the way the killing process was going on coz it was like i'll kill good guys and you are allowed to kill one bad guy per episode ratio, so i think if joe has 20 to 25 top notch killers then it'll take the 10th or the 15th episode of season 4 to see joe killed (of-course it depends if the director didn't find some more shit to fill in) by the way i do want that that next person joe kill, is his director or may be he should start low by killing the writer.
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Is this still lazy writing? Because by now I think it's more intentional malice.
The twins showing up at the hotel, "You killed Emma?" lol, unfuckingbelievable. Thank god I took my "cold medicine" too - a high dosage is strongly recommended.
After that one can actually enjoy things like coldest Joe's shenanigans:

Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Argh! Laughing so hard! Even with cold medicine, Grumpy you really nail it. Brilliant screen shots!
Really?! Really?! Between Claire and Emma!? The Cockblocker strikes again! I guess Emma had it coming but by Claire? Not feeling it. Joe basically knew that she could die and he totally manipulated her. That whole you're the women behind me and his look after the hug. He was sick of her shit and wasn't man enough to kill her himself. Sure he needed to check if it was a trap deal and all, but on some level he assumed Hardy could be there. Ended up he was right and Emma was wrong. I guess any woman that is involved with any man Claire has been with gets cockblocked. Speaking of.....is Hardy going to let Carrie down or does Carrie just assume she's been blocked? Sure he seems quite busy at the moment but a quick check it would be polite.
Weston. Ugh! I actually like him and will be quite pissed if they kill him. I get that he has lost himself and has crossed lines but come on. I don't think I can go into next season with just Hardy and Joe (if he survives). I'm not sure how but this show draws me in, can't wait for next week! That look of Weston's when Joe said he was going to kill him was a little weird though. Anyone think Weston might be working for Joe? I hope not. Maybe it was like a "yeh right"?
It was just an interesting reaction....hhhmmmm?
Oh and How in the F*** did the Twins know to go to the Inn or how did they even show up there!!!!!
More+
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Oh and How in the F*** did the Twins know to go to the Inn or how did they even show up there!!!!! - THIS HAS NOW BECOME THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE F PLOT TWISTS!!! Any theory that tries to rationally explain this disappears.
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
And the right time, too. In the middle of the night. And Claire without her gun.And they knew that someone would actually be there.
They must be the greatest textual analysts to get that from the poem, I guess.
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Actually....Yeah!!!!
They're timing was perfect!!

I am now angrier about it.
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
i think now it will b revealed that lilly's spirit is still with her children and she guided them to inn to take revenge, as joe was in the church and lilly was bad and her bad spirit was not allowed there. by the way from my reply don't think that i am Kevin Williamson (the writer).
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
By deny that you are Williamson, I now think you are Williamson.

STOP PLAYING WITH MY MIND WILLIAMSON!!
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
ok...now i want to kill claire my self!!!!why on earth did they kill emma???she was awesome!!!!oh god,now u have to mark clare's head or something..mark her for life..sterilize her!!! let her get rapped by a dozen of penquins...damn u claire!!!!R.i.p emma... and the last scene..i was like ..wtf???really?i dont believe that mike's gonna be dead,be if he is i will be thrilled! gr8 ep.i like that show!
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
"let her get rapped by a dozen of penquins...damn u claire!!!"

2 things -

1) Why Penguins?

2) I assume you meant raped, not rapped. But now I can't get the image of rapping penguins out of my brain
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
lol yeah sorry *raped... u know penquins -little black vicious creatures capable for anything!!!haven't you watched madagascar??
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
I didn't see Madagascar, but the penguins in Happy Feet did not seem rapey at all
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Wow, finding a way of getting Madagascar into this.Chapeau!!!! Lol.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
They killed off Emma this week. Last week was Lily and this week Emma. These are some of the interesting characters that I kind of like. Well, there is still hope they might be brought back from the dead !

I must admit I was a bit shocked the Pastor actually killed himself for his son. I was thinking he was all about showing off on TV. If it was another show perhaps he might just stab himself but this one had him cutting his own throat. No chance of coming back alive from that.

Now even Claire is committing murder. I guess Ryan's illness is affecting everyone from Weston to Claire. I would not be surprised if next week, his niece will want to have a go to :-)
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
RE: Emma,

Here's a thought.
She might be in the next episode, because as we know, they like to party with dead chicks!
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Did anyone piss themselves laughing when Joe said that Clare 'must have a good reason for coming out of hiding.' Hahahahahahahahha! yeah right!

I don't understand why the cult followers are still blindly following Joe after they heard him say 'there is no God' - isn't that the whole point for them? Still plotwise I guess it's least of our worries huh? :-)

I couldn't stand Emma but she was the closest thing to an intelligent character on the show so I guess I'll miss her. She deserved better than to be killed by the cockblock (You gotta love that Clare has technically now cockblocked Joe as well as Ryan)

Makes you wonder what the heck they are going to do for season 3 as they are killing off all the potentially interesting characters -(Lily, Mandy, Emma)

I am really going to miss these reviews - Are you going to review any other shows until The Following comes back GrumpyClown?
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I am really going to miss these reviews - Are you going to review any other shows until The Following comes back GrumpyClown? -

I don't know, but I am not going near UTD!
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
UTD is the natural progression Grumpyclown and will be calling your name with ridiculous plot lines and awful dialogue.
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
I watched 4 episodes and gave up. But I checked in from time to time on the comments, and it amazed/scared me how many users actually liked it.

And after I was soooo mean to Alexander Koch during my award show post for the worst of 2013 article (which you can read HERE)

But even if I don't do a review I'll still be posting video bundle each week
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
For some reason UTD and The Following have captured my interest regardless of how terrible they are.They are the only two bad shows I watch and I couldn't explain why.I had forgotten he received a well deserved Blowie and will look forward to your weekly video bundle.No one should actually have to watch UTD unwillingly.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I do hope that mike doesn't get killed as he was close to shagging max also I miss pussy lady they could put her next Mandy hat stand and have worship AHHHH how lovely
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
How do you feel about Claire killing Emma? I tell you when they were fighting I was screaming at the Tv: ,,KILL HER EMMA, KILL THAT STUPID BITCH WITH THE SHIT HAIR, come ooon Emma you can do it youre a bad ass.. omg she is running away, if she survives... omg EMMA RUN, oh yeah go on Emma. WHAT nooo CLAIRE NOO! ok ok Emma will be ok, she will grab her and kill her.. YES she is alive, kill claire now!!!... silence.... angry noices... AAAHHHHH WHAAAAT are u fu***** kidding me???
so Im not happy - that is the first tv show ever were I was hoping for the ,,bad" girl killing the ,,good" girl...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Look I know we dont take this show serious here but I do wanna say a few things:
1) Mike...Mike Mike Mike...really? But hey seems like Max thinks killing is hot - good for u, you need some fun
2) That priest dude..I mean seriously? I didnt care that he died cause if youre so stupid u dont deserve something else - loved Joes face tho. He was like: what oh shit I didnt want that
3) How annoying is this blonde girl who has issues cause people called her fat..She has 2 faces ,,The Im smiling while killing cause Im a freak" and " Im laughing while Joe does crazy stuff cause Im such a bad ass freak" - kill her
4) Why would Hardy kiss Claire? I mean WHY
5) Some serious thoughts: I saw the promo for the finale ( i hope no one minds a bit of information ) and I cant believe they seriously doing a second ,,We have Claire and if you dont come with Joe we will kill her" plot. Cause lets be honest: I dont give a shit if Claire dies or not - I mean I hope she does..How god damn stupid is she?? I hope Ryan says: what that cow ran away from the police to go and kill Joe on her own? well she deserves it then" cause thats the truth. She says: Emma I dont care if I die - yeah I mean she is a mom but who cares right?
Look I liked this show I know its stupid but I liked it, but if they keep Claire (and I bet they do) i dont wanna watch it anymore. They didnt show much about Claire and Ryan.. And all they did was making Claire more annyoing then she was already.. so the final is if Claire survives or not.. but why would I care? Where does this come from suddenly? Why is she the main character suddenly? nooo
More+
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
This show does makes us very emotional. Ha !

He was a pastor by the way, well just saying.
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
it makes me really angry - its not good for my heart

Pastor - Excuse - moi
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
When Claire was explaining herself to Ryan and Emma I actually hurt myself, because I rolled my eyes so hard.

Claire HAS to go.
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
she wont .... I bet they Keep her
Flag
Apr 23, 2014

Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Is it wrong that this makes perfect sense to me?
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
I put more effort into it making sense than the show's writers usually do.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
RIP Emma. You were hot. I'll miss you.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
if there is that much of serial killers and that much of killing that is going on, the population will be decreased by at least the half in the next few years!

and with those FBI agents, humanity will be extinct!

yet for some unknown reason, i still watch this with amusement
Flag
Apr 23, 2014

Do the writers laugh and just say - who care if NONE of this makes sense - most plot threads are completely ill conceived - they are eating it up like it was prepared by Gordon Ramsay! How the twins are functioning without their mother - and how they found Claire/Emma (Surprise!) despite fact that they never showed how they ended up there in perfect time to snatch up Claire is beyond me. Claire is in witness protection. She is, in this fictional world, the most valuable witness under protection. Keeping her 'life' a secret was their number one priority. Yet here she is again breaking free and f'cking up everything and making the FBI look like rent-a-cop security. And then we get to the agent that the writers couldn't even give an original name to ... this Michael Weston is no Michael Westen. (Have Jeffrey Donovan or Matt Nix sued anybody involved in this show yet?) All you have to do to get someone out of the woodwork on this show is have a gun and a stopwatch cause it always works. How many people in this show have pulled this exact same extraction method? And idiot just jumps out - as much as Claire - he so deserves the business end of a gun.

So we knew Emma was going to buy it in the first scene of the episode when Joe professed his love for the idiot. That is like bad writing 101. When a character professes love without the tiniest motivation for said profession being offered by the writers - except for the simple fact that she is the smartest of the dummies he's surrounded himself with - the character that received said revelation is going to die. They choreographed Emma's death in the first scene. Does a lot of this story seem as familiar as last season. It should because THIS IS ALMOST THE EXACT SAME PLOT, SAME EMOTIONAL BEATS, AS THE FIRST SEASON GETTING TO THE SAME PLACE AT ABOUT THE SAME EPSIODE. So the bible for these writers must not just be with what characters will/won't do but rather what precise emotions must be stirring in Ryan, Joe, Mike, and Claire at certain points in the story -- Max is the wild card and Jessica Stroup has really been given nothing to let us know even the slightest bit about Max. Every time she is on screen its nap time. I'm waiting for her reveal that she is and has been f'ing Joe - this whole time. Cause that is what these writers do. Forget about what characters do in certain scripts or where they are as the story progresses, all you have to do is give them a big reveal and run with it.

This was another clean up some excess weight episode and it did just that without any logic involved. Just keep going with it.

More+
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I think most viewers of this show have already accepted the show's style and totally stop taking it seriously. Just go with the flow.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Yeh these writers are the worst. There's no way the twins would have shown up. Why the hell didn't Emma just shoot Claire and then shoot Robert. Lame.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
"This was another clean up some excess weight episode and it did just that without any logic involved. Just keep going with it." - h, I agree
The writers on this show put themselves in this situation and are using illogical jumps to get them out of it.

I mean which genius thought the twins were a good idea in the first place? It was a gimmick thats played out way too long
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Grumpyclown, do you know why I put myself through the torture of watching this show every-single-week? You - in a nutshell, it's you. You're reviews make it all worthwhile. I've had two strokes, one actually quite serious and I'm brain-damaged because of it. But even |I could do better with the writing of this show.

Added to which, if I get very upset or agitated I lose the ability to speak - my family often happen on me in the living room watching this insanity grunting wildly, throwing cushions and generally terrorising the Akita mix (he has 'issues') and making the husky think it's playtime......before I pass out (that's my locked up brain turning me off and turning me on again, according to my neurologist).

So I completely sympathise with your issues......and your dog's actually. this week the Akita mix, Fred, decided to hide under the dinner table the minute the theme music started and the husky, Kaiya, began to gleefully dump all the cushions at my feet in anticipation of the 'cushion toss game' as my family now call it. As to the pet names, they're both rescues and came with the names.......not-my-fault. Personally I'd call Fred something that meant biggest cowardly pacifist of all time and Kaiya, demon dog....

Thank you for making me laugh out loud as usual; you cheered me up at a time when I have to face the unenviable task of take my 91 year old mother in law, who hates me and starts every sentence with "I hate you, you know', shopping. It means yet again I won't kill her and she gets to annoy me another day.

I really think the following is now a parody of what it was supposed to be - it would explain a lot. Favourite line of your review? There were many, but this one made me spit tea at my screen "YOU HAVE A F*CKING KNIFE CLAIRE! ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! STAB THE BITCH!" - with "So Claire now obviously thinks Emma is a vampire, because she kills her with a stake through the heart!" a very close second.

If you ever want to stalk williamson and the insane asylum escapees he calls a 'writing team', count me in - anything these lunatics suffer will never make up for what they've put the viewers of this nightmare through......oh and I hearted you.
More+
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
do you know why I put myself through the torture of watching this show every-single-week? You - in a nutshell, it's you - I now feel guilty.

I have to face the unenviable task of take my 91 year old mother in law, who hates me and starts every sentence with "I hate you, you know', shopping. - You could probably pitch this to NBC as a new sitcom, starring Betty White.

Thank you for the heart
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Don't feel guilty - it's worth it. :)

I'd try, but Betty White would never be as evil as my MiL, so it would lose something in translation.

You're welcome.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Loved the review perfect I now have a couple of drinks before watching this otherwise I watching this sober it gives me a migraine as plot is like swiss cheese. Are the FBI that stupid not to listen on Pasta sorry Pastor Tanner phone call to Joe also the beard is resurrecting . Claire has to the most dumbest character in the show I kill Joe with hardy secret weapon compartment LOL. By the way emma not dead its like halloween stabbed twice, thrown out of a window also she will need to burnt and blown by atom bomb to considered dead!
I couldn't believe gruesome twosome turned up at the end although the way the show going its not surprising. I will have my stash of beers ready for the finale By the way where is the Goat !
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I couldn't believe gruesome twosome turned up at the end - I'm still angry about it!
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
they must have rouge cockblocker GPS LOL
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Nepotism alert: the director of the episode was Steve Shill, whoever the heck he is. In fairness, he does have a lot of director credits (including Night Stalker!), but also winners like The Gates and Dracula. But it's not a name that springs immediately to mind.

I'm thinking the woman who shot herself in front of the cathedral, the one there's a picture of above, is the enigmatic "Karyn" listed in the credits. Played by Isabel Shill. Whoever she is, as she seems to have no credits on TV.com (I'm too lazy to look her up on IMDB).

So it takes some cajones to cast your sister/daughter/mistress on a show you direct, and ask her to blow her brains out on-camera.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
This Isabel Shill's only credit according to imdb
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I like her bio. "Isabel Shill is an actress, known for The Following."

a) Yeah, that's what you want to really put on your resume. "I was a thirty-second guest-star who blew my brains out on cue. Please hire me."

b) Is she really "known" for The Following?
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
and c) does anyone really want to be "known" for The Following?

I smell a community actress and daddy's girl desperate to break into Hollywood.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Well, Megan Martin wasn't in the credits this week, so clearly her absence was responsible for the serious downhill slide of this week's episode. Apparently her specialty was Blood Cults Who Hang Out at Abandoned Summer Camps for 500, Alex, and they discarded her as soon as they wrapped that plotlline up. The cads!

Quickest slide from non-existence on a show, to Executive Consultant, to Consulting Producer and show writer, back to non-existence, in the course of a single month.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I wonder if she got a pay off?
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
How amazing is Claire! She did what all those FBI guys couldn't do for months - got rid of the most annoying chatacter! No more Emma's whining and fangirling about Joe. Thank you, Claire!
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Firstly I sympathise with the hating yourself, I feel like I forgive this show a lot more than ANYTHING else I watch. Like if any other show required me to make this many leaps of faith week-in, week-out I'd be like.... no... but somehow with this show I'm like, ah it's The Following, of course she can escape the FBI, people get up from falling out of second storey windows all the time... eugh...

I don't know how to feel about Claire killing Emma. I actually grew to like Emma this season. I hated her in season 1 but this season I liked her competence amongst the far-spread idiocy. As far as I can tell the twins found them both through the power of magic. Or driving around shouting MARCO very loudly out the window of their car.

Also I don't feel like Mike had to tell Joe Ryan was there he's got half a brain, plus maybe he can sense when his bestie is near? His "you're my best friend" speech from last week was one of my favourite scenes of the season. All I hope is that they kill most of team shortbus in the finale I'm sick of looking at the chubby blonde woman's smug face...
More+
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I don't know how to feel about Claire killing Emma. - if she is in fact dead!!!
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I like reading your post and of all of the other amateur writers, its not that I don't appreciated the work, I always forget to give a 'heart'.
Well today I 'hearted' this review and will try to remember in future.
re. the following, crazy show, hate it love it.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Thank you for the heart
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Great review! The Following is getting so silly and stupid but still it is a lot of fun to watch. It's turning into my guilty plasure... I'm lost as to how the twins found Claire. Wasn't that a secret between Joe and Claire? And why is it that Mike and Ryan are the only ones who can get first to a situation concerning Joe. Like every f..ing time? Is the whole FBI and NYPD filled with idiots? I feel so sorry for James Purefoy and Kevin Bacon. They are such good actors and now they are stuck on a completly stupid show. I bet they are begging to be killed off... And how stupid is Claire? You were married to a nasty serial killer and you think you can kill him yourself? Has anyone kept track of how many people Ryan has killed? He must've kiled way more than Joe by now?And both him and Mike have executed one bad guy each. Aren't they supposed to be the good guys? I'm lost.... But amused... :-)
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
They keep signing 1 yr contracts as the show continues being renewed, so Purefoy and Bacon aren't exactly begging to be killed off of anything. They can leave anytime they want to and stop cashing the paychecks. When has Kevin Bacon ever said NO! to a role or a paycheck. He's been in some real garbage. He's an actor of the class of Nicholas Cage where NO isn't a word he often mutters when a speaking part is offered. If he was 'choosy' Six Degrees would be much much harder. I've loved him since he was Tim on 'Guiding Light' and wouldn't have him any other way. He's done it all: 'Animal House', 'A Few Good Men', and 'Hollowman' and he even got to show the world his penis in 'Wild Things'. This show won him a Best Actor award (Saturn Awards 2013) so you have no reason - no reason whatsoever - to feel bad for Kevin Bacon and be assured he isn't begging anyone for freedom from this role. Keep smiling, this is an amusing show. Feel bad for Jessica Stroup who isn't getting any screen-time or lines in this insanity and probably a much ... much... much smaller paycheck.
More +
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
I didn't know that they only had contracts for a year (Even worse!) But to compare hime to Nic Cage, that's just cruel.. :-)
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
He's an actor of the class of Nicholas Cage - that's a bit harsh
Flag
Apr 24, 2014
Only one of the two has won an Academy Award for Best Actor and it isn't 'Ryan Hardy'. I'm not saying who is the better actor just - they have very similar extensive resumes that have as much crap as sunshine in them. Just saying. I have nothing against Bacon or I definitely wouldn't be here :)
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
LOL!!!!!
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I lost count on how many people Hardy has killed - it is more than Joe
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Why do I still watch this show? This is what I think happened:
Writer #1 - Hey I think we should Have Ryan and his sidekick find a way in, stand at the balcony and just watch the horror unfold. No need for them to get the other agents in, at least 1 sniper to come in the same way we did and take Joe out.
Writer #2 - Heck yeah dude, now puff and pass!

Flag
Apr 23, 2014
I think shrooms are more likely
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
We all know what they are consuming to write this stuff - BINGO Grumpyclown - Psilocybin mushrooms are all that these writers are putting on their sandwiches at lunch. That room must be filled with laughter every day - everyone laughing that they are still getting paid yet not fixing anything and viewers aren't turning away.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Hahahahaha great review. My sentiments exactly. If this show were a celestial body, it would have to be a black hole. Where nothing can escape, not even commonsense.

I laughed my ass off when the two korbodouches wired up the window;

"Its Ryan, sorry FBI, the whole place is wired to explode, you cant get in to rescue us. There's no possible way i could safely remove the wire off the window that we just came through and let you all in to save the day..."

I would love to sit in on a writing session with these guys, obviously they have the good drugs.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
"I would love to sit in on a writing session with these guys," - but for a very different reason.

Oh, and I would be carry a blunt instrument of some sort
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Why did Emma have to die? She was my favourite character.
Emma is a genius compared to Claire. Actually, she is probably the smartest person on the entire show.
That's probably why she had to die. I really hope she isn't dead.

Has anyone figured out how the twins turned up at the hotel?

That Claire's insane plan actually worked is hardly surprising, ridiculous, but not surprising.

I once saw an interview with Marg Helgenberger, about her role on CSI, and the real life person, Yolanda McClary, Catherine Willows is based on.
Yolanda asked Marg why they always used flashlights in situations like
that. She, Yolanda, and her colleagues always just turned on the lights.
Marg didn't have an answer.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
The only thing that springs to my mind about the twins turning up at the hotel, is that it could be one of the many properties Lily said she owned. Other than that, no idea.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
"Yolanda asked Marg why they always used flashlights in situations like
that. She, Yolanda, and her colleagues always just turned on the lights." -

She is now one of my favorite people
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
"Why did Emma have to die?"

On The Following, no one is safe.

Particularly the viewers.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Good point.
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Except Kevin Bacon
Flag
Apr 23, 2014
Until Bacon finishes financing his new mansion. Then Ryan is dead so quick that your head will spin.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members