The Following Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Season 1+ News, Speculation, Etc. Thread (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Feb 5, 2013
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general news, spoilers, speculation, etc. for season 3+ here.

Basically, if it's about stuff that hasn't aired yet, and there isn't an existing thread, it goes here.

Links and discussion of online polls, petitions, surveys, etc., also go here.

Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 13

i don't have any a spoilers but my question is really one thing, why isn't anyone posting on here? it's a great show.

eric770

[3]Feb 18, 2013
    • level: 4

I want to like the show but I am getting really annoyed with characters on TV going out of their way to do stupid stuff! The only ones that are smart are the killers and that just isn't working for me as far as keeping me tuning in!!! Why would Natalie Zea's character Claire go out of her way to trust someone, her killer husbands compromisedattorney of all people after the everything that we already know about the people around her husband? At this point I'm going to have to cheer for the killers if I want to keep watching this show! The part where the lawyer says I won't be your messenger after being his messenger was laughable, and Claire following blindly and escaping the FBI only makes me want to see her dead at the end of episode in order to ride the show of one of the many stupid characters that only complicate things!!!!Is it too much to ask for to get at least one person who actually uses common sense on this show? I know it may sound like a broken record but can we get some balance when it comes to "all knowing" ever four steps ahead of the FBI crazed killers, who don't seem to have a problem in recruiting members. As good as I think this show could be, I believe this show is lacking balance by presenting super cunning killers and three steps behind FBI. It can get annoying rather quickly, and viewers may lose interest.

Dec1964

[4]Mar 7, 2013
    • level: 33

eric770 wrote:

I want to like the show but I am getting really annoyed with characters on TV going out of their way to do stupid stuff! The only ones that are smart are the killers and that just isn't working for me as far as keeping me tuning in!!! Why would Natalie Zea's character Claire go out of her way to trust someone, her killer husbands compromisedattorney of all people after the everything that we already know about the people around her husband? At this point I'm going to have to cheer for the killers if I want to keep watching this show! The part where the lawyer says I won't be your messenger after being his messenger was laughable, and Claire following blindly and escaping the FBI only makes me want to see her dead at the end of episode in order to ride the show of one of the many stupid characters that only complicate things!!!!Is it too much to ask for to get at least one person who actually uses common sense on this show? I know it may sound like a broken record but can we get some balance when it comes to "all knowing" ever four steps ahead of the FBI crazed killers, who don't seem to have a problem in recruiting members. As good as I think this show could be, I believe this show is lacking balance by presenting super cunning killers and three steps behind FBI. It can get annoying rather quickly, and viewers may lose interest.

I do love this show but episode - 7 "Let Me Go" was just plain stupid, bad writing. The FBI

just let a Serial Killer walk out of jail, really?

SwiftDeath90

[5]Mar 12, 2013
    • level: 1

Little new to posting here so forgive me if I don't follow any set protocol but here is my idle speculation:

So who do you think is Carroll's sleeper agent in the investigative team?

It's clearly a toss-up between Agent Weston (Mike) and Agent Parker (Debra)

I really think it's Mike as he just smells of it, especially with his "incorrect" diagnosis of carroll in the first episode and the way he's getting closer to ryan and gain his trust etc.

Here's to hoping the plot twists are NOT easy to see coming but I doubt it

Still a good show not amazing but def something I'll watch

Edited on 03/13/2013 12:47pm
    Edited 6 total times.

Dec1964

[6]Mar 15, 2013

I'm thinking its Debra only because of her past of being in a cult herself & how she was

abused there. The fact that her parents still belong to that cult but she also still has

the necklace that she keeps in her bag.

brandonparole

[7]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 2

Can't wait for next Monday's episode! A song called "Big Day" by Puracane will be featured. It's a great song, here is a link to preview it if you want : http://bit.ly/Whi9tw

doctorwho747

[8]Mar 26, 2013
    • level: 5
    eric770 wrote:

You know all I keep seeing everywhere is the same friggin nitpick "The fbi and cops and characters are stupid and the cult are the only smart ones and that is why the show sucks" well I don't know about how many tv shows you and others who say these things have watched, but that is how it works! it creates suspense If the killers were stupid and had no idea what was going on and the FBI were brilliant and always knew exactly what to do, than the show would have ended after one or two episodes. What would 24 been like if it had been the opposite, it would have been called "An hour and a half" It's a rule that villains are always smarter than the good guys, or do you think that real life law enforcement investigations aren't alot of the time the same way? that they go up against a serial killer or criminal mastermind and easily catch them cause they are stupid? How long did it take to catch Ted Bundy, Gacy, The son of Sam, The Zodiak, oh wait they still haven't caught him have they? and so on And like someone else said Joe has spent years coming up with this plan and recruiting, and now that more recent episodes have shown us is that Joe himself was not even fully aware of how many people were involved, and so through Roderick who had been recruiting on the outside, and his recruits had been recruiting and so on. As for Claire, sure it was reckless for her to do what she did, but at the same time despite the fact that she put herself in danger Claire she went along to save her son even if it meant her death, she would have gladly given up her own life for Joey, what mother, what parent actually wouldn't do that for their child? I don't have kids of my own, but am uncle to my sister's two sons, one two years old and the other a newborn. I know she would do whatever it took if she were in a similar situation, and so would I.
    Bottom line as in life, tv show characters make mistakes and do stupid things sometimes, If in tv shows everyone knew exactly what to do, were always making the right choices and right away always outsmarted the bad guys, that is what would be unrealistic.

Dec1964

[9]Apr 2, 2013

Maybe not Debra, she might be one of the good guys.

Dec1964

[10]Apr 9, 2013

I dont care anymore....!!!

SnowTantei

[11]Apr 29, 2013
    • level: 3
    Ok so for anyone that hasn't seen Ep 15 "The Final Chapter" please ignore.

So heres my little food for thought for Season 2

IF Carol is dead, who shall lead the cult? My guess is the "Murder Pixie" aka Emma is pregnant with Carol's child which means she automatically becomes the leader of the cult. Have fun with that.

TylerA46

[12]Apr 29, 2013
    • level: 11

Is there a second season?

i hope these characters learn to live in well-lit rooms.

hawkphoenix

[13]Apr 29, 2013

Somehow the ending to episode 15 just did not surprise me. Why Claire didn't take either chance she had to knife Joe in the throat is beyond me. The season ending will be an acceptable series ending for me where I can accept that all characters died like in a bad anime.

SnowTantei

[14]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 3
    hawkphoenix wrote:

Somehow the ending to episode 15 just did not surprise me. Why Claire didn't take either chance she had to knife Joe in the throat is beyond me. The season ending will be an acceptable series ending for me where I can accept that all characters died like in a bad anime.

*snickers* *coughcoughWOLF'SRAINcoughcough* (BTW I like that series) Seriously though if your into horror stuff read Umineko When They Cry and Doubt =) And yes The Following was renewed for a Second Season.

hawkphoenix

[15]Apr 30, 2013

Parker's dead, Joe Carrol's dead, Claire will probably be allowed to die, and Ryan Hardy's going to need a new stomach. Why oh why are they going to give this a second season. There can't be anything other than a cliched way to turn this back around, and on top of that all my favorite characters are gone.