The Following

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 22, 2013 on FOX

7.2
  • Another Insipid Episode

3.5
    I really liked, no loved, Annie Parisse as Kara Stanton on Person of Interest and watching a character she portrays to be so bumbling and stupid makes my heart bleed.

Wouldn't the better plan be to bomb the whole place by placing a bomb in a car outside the evacuation center thereby having minimal loss of the cult members and making a bigger statement! Nobody knows how to plan these things. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm convinced now that Purefoy cannot act to save his life. He makes me wanna facepalm all the time.

• Chill Out People

Cant believe all the negative rubbish written here. It's A TV SHOW NOT REALITY TV. If you want semi reality, go watch the news. And if you are all so down on the show, why have you watched the entire series? I would say you are dumber than the FBI.
  • The End is Near

The End is Near was a suspenseful and exciting episode of The Following. I enjoyed watching because the story was interesting and had many surprises. Joe moves his end game into motion leading to various events of tragedy, horror and loss of hope. These situations were genuinely scary and I ccouldn't imagine. The action was good but the FBI was a little careless if not clueless. The ending was great, but terrifying. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!
  • Ladies & Gentlemen: Your Inept FBI!

What did they say before entering the Rec Center? "Cover all exits". Yet two bad guys dragging an agent out one of doors caught nobody's attention?

And FINALLY, someone thought it would be a good idea to review the video of anyone whoever visited Joe in prison. Wow. It really took the FBI this long to come up with that idea?

If I were in the real FBI, I would be so ticked off with the way they are portraying them.
  • Why? Why? Why?

Why would Claire flag down the car? She'd have to know it was Emma and Jacob in the car. Why would Parker go into a room by herself? She keeps on doing this, and finally got taken. No surprise there. Why wouldn't the police go into the rec center, see the bad guy, and take control of him immediately? Standing there talking about it just gets people killed. Have they learned NOTHING?????

I actually thought that Jacob would die trying to help Claire, but no surprise that he died...

The series started with a new they've gotten very predictable and the characters are just stupid. New writing, please....
  • The Following.

From a Great Episode last week to this, i honestly thought Claire was actually going to get away this time. But no, Emma & Jacob was there, how did i know that Emma was going to kill Jacob when this show started i'm physic. No just more bad writing, the cult member who put Debra in a coffin, i thought he died last week when they killed Roderick. The evacuation centre, that whole scene was just awful & that crazy cult woman who killed the TV reporter she ruined my song "Annabel Lee - Stevie Nicks". How did this get a 2nd season I Dont Know, But I Wont Be Watching It.
  • This carnage is boring

I can't think of anything interesting that happens in this episode. First of all, watching innocent people being terrorized week after week isn't drama. Watching cops repeatedly getting ambushed week after week for no reason is simply numbing. Claire stabs Joe again and gets caught again. How often do we have to rehash the same plot points? Wherever Ryan goes there is an immediate slaughter. If the FBI would simply follow him around with a SWAT team they would never have to look for any of the cult members. What a bad show. It's like the writers simply ran out of ideas after the first episode so they just come up with the same stories week after week.
  • Well, Back to Crap

2.5
    Yet another hour of crap. The followers build a coffin for Parker in the ground rather than just killing her. The FBI let ten people get hurt even though they know that there are followers in the building. Claire hurts Joe, then frees the two people he was holding hostage, she stabs him once, and doesn't try to kill him. Then, they run into the woods, for some reason, call to a car, and (shocker) it's Emma and Jacob. Then Emma kills Jacob in a scene that was way too predictable. Earlier, the FBI finally thought to search prison records of people who visited Joe, but Ryan doesn't see the girl he's been hooking up with. And the FBI manages to find the exact location of the house just as the Followers leave. The followers get away, and that's about it. This show just gets worse and worse, and I'm fairly certain that the decent episode last week was an isolated incident. Next week is the season finale, and I fear another sixty minutes of crap.