The Following

The Poet's Fire

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 04, 2013 on FOX

7.9
  • The Poet's Fire

The Poet's Fire was a very unexpected yet defining episode of The Following. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. The various story lines had major revelations. The scope of what is happening is scary. I liked the confluctsbwhich a few characters faced. There was a lit of action, drama, and intrigue. The last few scenes were grwat though some disturbing. This show is dark and deep. It compares to Dexter in some ways but this is a different and unique undertaking of the genre. I look forward to watching what happens next! !!!!!!!!!

• it's getting better

The best episode so far. I loved everything about it, even the quite predictable part about the boy.

Love that the writers are not afraid to kill of main characters, though I'm not sure why Parker called agent Weston and not Reilly. She knew Reilly was with Maggie and Weston was supposed to babysit Ryan. Anyway, this episode was great, the show is getting better and better.
  • Going Downhill Fast

Keystone cops without the funny is a great description of this show. Amazing the writers have crafted such an inept show with two great leads. I wonder if the actors cringe when they receive a script?

I'll give it one more episode...
  • Losing interest fast

Ok the first episode of this show was amazing and I couldn't wait for more. Watching the second ep though I noticed a change it didn't have the same impact and awesome to it that the first ep had, now after this ep I can say the first ep was purely made to hook people in and now that they are people will keep watching on the sheer hope it will get better. It's not a hugely bad show it's something one could watch when nothing else is on. But honestly this is suppose to be a show about a cult of budding serial killers being masterminded by this smart suave serial killer who has a complete hold over them. But instead what we are getting is the mastermind back in jail, petty bullshit drama that more closely relates to tween highschool stuff (namely paul will and emma), a cliched top agent who is no longer on the job and has a drinking problem, and the main problem either having the FBI to useless to do simple tasks or having the genius mastermind and his followers be so stupid as to think that they would have never found emmas house IT'S HER MOTHERS FUCKING HOUSE of course they would find it, also its not a matter of they found it to soon the followers actually believed they FBI would never find it which is beyond stupid. Stop with the petty squabbles the love triangles the bullshit that should not be in a show about serial killers! Go back to the roots of the first episode the darkness the obvious complete control Joe has over his followers and the fast paced the first ep had, I'm watching each episode and it just feels like they aren't even trying (the FBI) there needs to be a more sense of urgentacy to them, lives are at stake.

Okay i knew Maggie was in on it from the start, but why kill off Agent Reilly, it doesn't make sense & it was just to easy. Kevin Williamson i do love this show, but i also love The Vamp Diaries & you do the same thing on that show kill characters off. The 3rd episode & Agent Reilly is bumped off, & i did like Billy Brown in Dexter as well. Yes i did love this episode.
  • They are the FBI?

Just finished watching another episode and my opinion hasn't changed. All I can add is, it's like watching the "Keystone Cops" except without the funny. FBI.... I'd have more confidence in mall security. One more and that's all she wrote for me.
  • the poets fire