The Forgotten

Lucky John

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Dec 01, 2009 on ABC

5.5
  • A man who lived his life on the edge is found dead in the trunk of a car. The forgotten network works to trace who he was and Alex struggles with his relationship with his wife and his faith especially after he has a brush with death.

Not a terrible episode, but much about this episode bothers me.

The network people seem to forget they are not police at times. We see Alex steal evidence which is a felony if I'm not mistaken. Also with a few dozen officers around Alex risks his life to chase after an armed felon who has obviously killed before.

I'm not sure if they are trying to build a little more drama into the actual show, but I think the writers and producers are missing the mark.

The story of Lucky John is compelling and there were some touching moments in this episode, but again those seem to be outweighed by some circumstances within the show that just don't jive.

I guess you need to suspend belief with this show, but I don't think that is the idea behind the show. I think they are trying to portray a vital group of people who do a job that just isn't that glamorous.

There is really only one reason why this show is still on and that one reason is Jerry Bruckheimer. Otherwise I believe this show would have gone the way of Eastwick before Eastwick did. Thanks for reading...