A The Fosters Community
Monday 8:00 PM on Freeform

It's almost summertime! Which means we can look forward to switching from turning on the heat and watching television in our living rooms to turning on the air conditioning and watching television in our living rooms. To get us ready for that, ABC Family has released its summer premiere dates, and here they are, in handy easy-to-read list form:

Tuesday, June 10

8pm: Pretty Little Liars returns for Season 5
9pm: Chasing Life makes its series debut

Monday, June 16

8pm: Switched at Birth continues Season 3
9pm: The Fosters returns for Season 2

Wednesday, June 25

8pm: Young and Hungry makes its series debut
9pm: Mystery Girls makes its series debut

You know Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, and The Fosters, but here some descriptions for the new shows...

Chasing Life – A drama about a young female journalist (Italia Ricci) who finds out she has cancer. Fun!

Young & Hungry  Hannah Montana's Emily Osment stars as a young food blogger who gets a job working as a personal chef for a rich tech entrepreneur. 

Mystery Girls – Former 90210ers Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling star as a pair of former child stars who used to be on a detective show and who become real-life detectives in their older years.

Which of these shows are you most excited about?

38 Comments
Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Switched at Birth is great. It has heart!

Flag
PLL sucks but I will always watch it, because why not, I am really enjoying Switched at Birth, like I always do but it's not without it's flaws. I don't watch the Fosters, don't have time for every show. But Twisted is also great and I hope it's not cancelled!
Flag
none
Flag
Wow, PLL starts again already in June? Great! :D
Flag
Too bad ABC Family killed any ability to watch their shows through Comcast's On Demand in HD or on Hulu. They are only available in standard format On Demand, and I am paying for HD cable, so refuse to watch these otherwise on principle. I pay now for Hulu Plus and they have locked the show from anyone, including Plus subscribers, not having a cable subscription i.d. they accept. Ironically, Comcast is a partner with Hulu and they are not one of the cable companies Hulu can accept an i.d. from.

Amazing how f'ed up that is.

When new seasons start or shows return to finish their season, hopefully the previous episodes will be made available, but it may be too late to care.
Flag
only shows I watch on ABC Family are Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, so no thanks.
Flag
I why these shows aren't coming back this summer?
Flag
OMG Mystery Girls sounds like a really bad made for TV movie. nice.
Flag
If it wasn't for Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling I wouldn't even give it a try. If it's bad I won't watch.
Flag

I may check out young and hungry too.
Flag
Where is Melissa and Joey?
Flag
They may be transitioning into making that a show that airs in the winter, since it is doing relatively the same now as it does in the summer.
Flag
Ok well long as they don't cancel it. Not ready for it to end.
Flag
The Fosters & PLL
Flag
Good for The Fosters. For me, the rest: uhmmm... no.
Flag
The Fosters yay &3
Flag
No Bunheads, so screw 'em all.
Flag
Definitely Pretty Little Liars.I love the show,even at it's worst.I just can't quit it.
Flag
Yeah they just need SHANNEN DOHERTY to drop by
Flag
I like Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling I will give their show a try. Sounds kind of corny but I'll watch it for those two. Who knows it may be good.
Flag
I hate to admit it, but I kind of agree. It has the potential to be corny and cheesey.

Plus I used to love Jennie Garth, even in her more recent show where she was a mom.

Tori Spelling though... that's the one thing turning me off from the show. I gave her an honest shot when she guest-starred on Smallville but I hated her in that.
Flag
PLL, I guess. Is Twisted renewed?
Flag
I can feel my balls retracting.
Flag
None.
Flag
Pretty Little Liars and The Fosters :)
Flag
None of these!
Flag
Will Twisted be back in the summer too?
Flag
i think it got cancelled
Flag
these are some serious bad shows
Flag
Is Chasing Life supposed to be a teenage / young adult version of The Big C? If so - thank you, I'll pass. Tv should be fun and not depressing.

Flag
Amen to that.
Flag
I'd say it's closer to Side Order of Life, although there it's the best friend, not the journalist, who has cancer.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members