A The Fosters Community
Monday 8:00 PM on Freeform

ABC Family has announced that it would really like to be considered a Serious Network. Or at least that's what I'm getting out its decision to to renew one-hour drama The Fosters for Season 2, before Season 1 has even finished production. The series recently won a Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Show, and is the number-one new cable series for viewers 12-34 and females 12-34.

This early renewal is a good sign for the series, which follows a multi-ethnic family headed up by police officer Stef Foster (Teri Polo) and her wife, school vice principal Lena Adams Foster (Sherri Saum). Their unconventional brood includes Brandon, Stef's biological son from a previous marriage; Mariana and Jesus, who are both adopted; and new additions Callie and her younger bother Jude, who moved in after Lena learned of Callie's troubled past and wanted to give the siblings a chance at a better life.

The first half of Season 1 wrapped up in early August, with the second half of the season set to debut alongside Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth in early 2014. 

Are you excited to see more of The Fosters?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/29/2016

Season 4 : Episode 10

53 Comments
Comments (53)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
FANTASTIC! BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION!
Flag
I love this show and I hope they keep it on for a very long time.
Flag
Awesome! I rather enjoy this show.
Flag
This pleases me. :-)
Flag
Sounds good to me. I thought the first season was over. I was surprised I ended up liking it as much as I did.
Flag
Soo happy for this
Flag
This is a really good show. It's the kind of show that if it wasn't in ABC family but in any other network like CBS or ABC etc it would have been all over the award shows
Flag
I really like The Fosters and am glad that ABC Family decided to give it a second season!
Flag
I don't find this show as good as Switched at Birth, which I think it's trying to follow, but maybe it'll get there.
Flag
switched at birth isn't as good anymore. this is driven and heart stopping. switched at birth is like the new secret life boring!
Flag
YAY! This was my favourite show this summer. So happy!
Flag
This is really good news! I didn't think The Fosters would be a good show, but I was wrong. This show has heart. And the writing is surprisingly good. Can't wait for the second half of season one!
Flag
Congrats to them that's risky because season 1b hasn't aired yet but ABC family knows what they're doing
Flag
ABC Family cancelled Bunheads, so they can suck it for all eternity--the bastids!
Flag
...I blame every drama they've got for the Bunhead demise... and any reality show they produce.
Flag
take your opinions and don't bother posting them. it doesn't take much to be smart and keeping your mouth shut!
Flag
Wonderful news ! The show is great. I thought it was a summer series and season 1 is over so apparently ABC ordered ten episodes more and it will be back in Jan 2014.
Flag
hmm... intresting they have announced the renewal of the Fosters and not Twsited,...
Flag
twisted comes back on after the next 5 of ravenswood have come and gone. i think it's date is feb. 11th or something?
Flag
It's been renewed for both a second half of this season and a second season I do believe.
Flag
TWISTED has been renewed per ABCFam.
Flag
Love this show. Excited, indeed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members