The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Blood is Thicker Than Mud

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 01, 1993 on NBC

• Will and Carlton join a fraternity

This episode was great in that it would the first of a few episodes that took a serious side. When Carlton tried to join the fraternity with Will, he did more work then the others. I enjoyed that Carlton didn't complain. That shows how much he as grown since the pilot. I also liked that the work the pledges had to do did not have to do with alcohol. There were some funny stuff in this episode like the work Will and Carlton had to do. Another good part of this episode was how Will stood up to Carlton. The ending was perfect to this episode. Phillp asks the perfect question to end the series.
  • Blood is Thicker Than Mud

Fraternities are a funny thing… especially when Will and Carlton are involved. I found this episode to not only be hilarious with the harder tasks set for Carlton, the soapie watching family and Carlton’s priceless dancing but was also very interesting that not only did Will stand up for Carlton, but more surprisingly, Carlton stood up for himself and while I thought the last scene could have ended on a joke, it did convey an important message about sell-outs (you wait in line forever and then when you get to the front there’s nothing there!) and that success and money shouldn’t separate you from the pack.
BET