The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Breaking Up is Hard To Do (1)

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 12, 1996 on NBC

• Phillp in politics? Ashley a model?

This was a two part episode that was actually a two part episode. It's a good thing that it happened since there were two stories and having both stores happen in one episode, would've been too much. After the trial ended (I wish there would've more seen from this part) Viv, thinks that Phillp will spend more time with the family. However, Phillp has other plans and decides to enter politics without telling Viv. I do wish what it was said that he was running for. I do find it curious that Viv is upset by this since Phillp already did when he became judge. Maybe it's because of everything that happened, for Phillp to get there is part of the reason why she was upset. Of course the biggest reason why she was upset that Phillp didn't tell her. I understand this.

Meanwhile Ashley gets offered a modeling contract after she gets spotted by someone who leads a model agency. Nice choice by the producers since the women who played her actually has model experience. She is a no non-sense person but plays it wonderfully. It's too bad you don't get to see the old guy. Maybe it was Skippy? It was funny how Will and Carlton talked to Mrs. Penbrook out of Ashley's contract. It was even funnier how Carlton and Will apologized. It was one of the funniest scenes of the season. How Will and Carlton got Ashley was also good, What they had to do to fix a problem kind of remained me a little of what they did earlier in the series when they tried to get money for an item that Viv had.

As with most two part episodes, the producers did a good job when Viv left.
  • I thought it was sad.

Uncle Phil starts going into politics behind her back. Even after she says she does not want him to. He kept on saying he was just being polite, then starts to neglect Vivian. Then one day Aunt Viv can not take it any more, and splits up with Phil. She goes to her sisters house.