The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Burnin' Down the House

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 18, 1995 on NBC

• Season 6 starts

This was a season that was not supposed to happen. The ending of the season 5 was not something that I was fan of. My expectations for this episode and the season were not high. Even with of all of that the start of season 6 was well . . . . . . not bad. My biggest complaint about this was no acknowledgement of what happened with Lisa. And not to spoil things but there was no acknowledgement of this all season. Any reference at all I think was when Will on the couch being sad. I think he was upset but not just because that Carlton was away. I have said this before but if Carlton was away on vacation in season 2 Will would be happy. Another objection about this episode was the fire itself. Why didn't Phillip or anyone find out about this before? Also why didn't the house smell or how nothing else was damaged? Since this was a dinner why didn't Phillip say something to Will about the food since he knows a thing or two about this. Another thing I didn't like was Will screwing up again. Yes this is Will but you would think at this point he would learn better or at least have it be less of a mistake.

There were some good things about this episode. The camp Carlton on was pretty funny. The ride back was even better. The person in charge of deciding of whether Phillip would be the judge of a new trial remained me a bit of Judge Carl Robinson but on a lesser scale. I also appreciated Will's reaction to the chicken. My favorite part was when Phillip had Will in a headlock for three days. So this was not the best way to start the season but it still had some moments.