36 Comments
Comments (36)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
We will miss him so much, I really like him and his acting, he always made me smile....RIP James..., God bay myfriend
Flag
This Fresh Prince scene was pretty great, even if all he did was react, quietly as Will Smith learned to act dramatically:

Flag
One of my favorite Uncle Phil moments is when he confronted Will's father. That's quite a dramatic moment there.

Flag
I had no idea he passed away. This is really surprising. Everything I've seen him in I liked. R.I.P. James Avery.
Flag
Glad they had the reunion recently before he passed away.

RIP James Avery/Uncle Phil you shall be missed.
Flag
I had just watched a couple episodes the other day too. So sad. :(
Flag
I can honestly say I never saw a James Avery performance I did not enjoy. He was one of those actors who always brought a smile to my face and joy to my heart. This situation is an inevitability for all of us. It still doesn't ease the pain. We'll miss you, big man.
Flag
A sad loss. RIP.
Flag
May James Rest In Peace
Flag
Sad new indeed condolences to his family/friends.
Flag
Wow,his passing is truly a shock,he went too soon! I had great memories watching the show and laughing my ass off!He'll always be one of the all time great tv dads/uncles!
My sympathies to the Avery family.R.I.P.Mr.Avery,you'll be missed but not forgotten!
(I think I'll go watch some Fresh Prince and relive some fond memories)
Flag
May you find peace behind this life, Mr. Avery. You were loved, dearly.
Flag
Sad news, I am really sad to hear that, he was very talented man and he was great in Frish Prince, James Avery RIP......
Flag
Damn, sad news. I still say "Break out Lucille" every time i play pool. Sad to hear this.
Flag
Rest in peace, Mr. Avery. A very talented, versatile actor...
Flag
What a shame a great actor and a great man he will be missed by many! Rest In Peace Mr. Avery.
Flag
RIP, Uncle Phil.
Flag
So sad, May he RIP. Thanks for the great times.
Flag
Thanks for the memories, Uncle Phil.

RIP
Flag
No!

He was a truly amazing actor. My condolences to his family.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members