TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

staff
he's back, baby!
May 29, 2014
News Briefs: Danny McBride Is Creating and Starring in a New High School Comedy at HBO
Plus: CBS pulls two comedies from its schedule, Fox News hires a Clueless correspondent, and Hayden Panettiere might be pregnant!
staff
back from break
Jan 02, 2014
Duck Dynasty Will Live On and Other News Bits from the Holidays
Plus: The Fresh Prince lost an uncle, Tim Tebow found a new job, and the most pirated show of 2013 has been named.
The Top 15 TV Title Sequences

Quick! Think of your favorite TV show. Chances are, your memory turns to a favorite character, a favorite episode, or a favorite line. But when it comes to defining the overall feel of the show, the show's opening title sequence probably comes to mind.

A title sequence isn't just the name of a show spelled in a cool font, slapped over a few choice scenes from last season, and then sewn together with a snappy theme song. In under 90 seconds, a title sequence can tell you what a show is about, and what it wants to be. It can evoke terror, bring a smile, tell a story, ask a question -- and convince you that what you're about to watch is special. TV.com reviewed the best of the best title sequences throughout TV history (and there are quite a few excellent ones out there). These made ...

Read more
staff
Just Jared reveals that all was not rosy in Bel Air
Jun 18, 2009
Blog Spotlight: ‘Fresh Prince’ Co-Star Slams Will Smith In New Tell-All Book

Forner Fresh Prince of Bel Air star Janet Hubert, aka Aunt Viv, has penned a tell-all memoir that lashes out at Will Smith for sabotaging her and other actors who worked on the hit comedy.

The 53-year-old actress was fired from the show in 1993 and replaced by actress Daphne Maxwell Reid. Her book “Perfection Is Not A Sitcom Mom” will be released in early 2010.

Here are some explosive excerpts from the book via BVBuzz: Read more

Will Smith, Jennifer Hudson among TV actors in the Oscar mix.
Jan 23, 2007
TV stars grab Oscar noms

The nominations for the 79th Annual Academy Awards have been announced, and many current and former TV performers are up for awards.

Fresh Prince Will Smith is up for a best actor award for his role in The Pursuit of Happyness. Smith was previously nominated for his performance as boxing great Muhammed Ali in Michael Mann's 2001 film Ali.

Comedy great Eddie Murphy, who came to fame on NBC's Saturday Night Live, is in the running for a best supporting actor statue for Dreamgirls. Murphy's acting and singing are on display in the role of the James Brown-esque singer James "Thunder" Early.

Also from Dreamgirls, Jennifer Hudson is nominated in the best supporting actress category. The season three American Idol contestant has wowed critics with her portrayal of Effie White.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, starring 21 Jump Street heartthrob Johnny Depp, is up ...

Read more
The release of Laguna Beach, Noah's Arc, and Beautiful People on DVD will be turning heads this week, while The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Sealab 2021, and Grounded For Life will tickle your funny bone. Escape to new realms of adventure with Farscape, Xiaolin Showdown, and Prison Break.
Aug 03, 2006
August 8, 2006 DVD Releases
dvd_weekly_roundup.jpg

Read more
Many of this year's Academy Awards nominees and presenters either are or have been television stars. Here, we give you the goods on each of them. Join us in wishing them luck, and don't miss the Oscars ceremony on Sunday, March 5!
Feb 27, 2006
TV at the Oscars!
oscars2_header.jpg

The day of reckoning is fast approaching for this year's batch of Oscar hopefuls, and we at TV.com are certainly looking forward to one of television's biggest yearly events. Though the Academy Awards exist to honor the year's most admirable achievements in film, we all know that many movie stars have roots planted firmly in the fertile ground of TV. This year, several nominees have notable TV roles in their past or present careers. Let's take a moment to brush up on the accomplishments of these stars and wish them good luck on their big day! Please let us know whom you support, and be sure to tune in to ABC on Sunday, March 5, at 8:00 p.m. ET. Visit the Oscars' Web site for the full list of presenters and nominees.

Felicity Huffman, up for Best Lead Actress in Transamerica ...

Read more
The star release of this week is the first season of Grey's Anatomy, but there are plenty of other gems on the list as well. Check out favorite sitcoms like Charles in Charge and The Golden Girls, and get a little weird with sci-fi favorites such as Farscape and Doctor Who. For information on these and more, read on!
Feb 11, 2006
February 14, 2006 DVD Releases
dvd_weekly_roundup.jpg

Grey's Anatomy

Season One

When Grey's Anatomy hit the airwaves in March of 2005, many pooh-poohed the series as just one more in a long line of mediocre medical dramas. But those naysayers were soon proven wrong, as Grey's quickly became one of the most popular shows on TV. Narrated by surgical intern Meredith Grey, the show tells the story of the young doctor and her fellow residents as they struggle to come into their own as doctors while maintaining their identities outside of the hospital. Rather than relying on emergency-room stunts and mysterious ailments as a source of drama, Grey's Anatomy gives a depth to its characters that is rarely found in the genre. Their dreams, failures, and successes--as well as quite a few sexy encounters--are the stuff ...

Read more
Two cult favorites and some '70s sugar-pop are just a few of the great DVDs awaiting you this week!
Oct 11, 2005
October 11, 2005 DVD Releases
dvd_weekly_roundup.jpg

Arrested Development

Season 2

The second season of the hilariously twisted Arrested Development arrives on DVD. This series keeps winning Emmys and losing viewers, but it's one of the smartest comedies on TV these days.

The incest jokes and sexual double entendres keep coming as Michael struggles to keep the Bluth family from losing everything. Papa Bluth is on the run to Mexico after being arrested for building houses for Saddam Hussein; Gob supplants Michael as the president of the company; Buster gives nature a hand; and Tobias dresses up like a British nanny from a town called Blackstool.

Guest stars this season include Ben Stiller as Gob's magician rival, Tony Wonder, and Martin Short turns up as old Uncle Jack.

This three-disc set contains all 18 episodes from season two of this underrated comedy. Extras of the DVD include audio commentary with the whole cast ...

Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 24 Season 6
I, Done (2)
Aired
Episode 23 Season 6
I, Done (1)
Aired
Episode 22 Season 6
Eye, Tooth
Aired
Episode 21 Season 6
I, Stank Hole in One
Aired
Episode 20 Season 6
I, Stank Horse
Aired
A wealthy family living in Bel-Air, California, receives a dubious gift from their poorer relations in Philadelphia when Grammy Award-winner Will Smith arrives as The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. His mother wants him to learn some good old-fashioned values from his successful relatives. But Will shatters the sophisticated serenity of Bel-Air with his streetwise common sense, much to the dismay of his upper-crust uncle, Philip Banks (James Avery), Aunt Vivian (Janet Hubert-Whitten and Daphne Maxwell Reid) and three conceited cousins, Carlton (Alfonso Ribeiro), Hilary (Karyn Parsons) and Ashley (Tatyana Ali) - and even the butler, Geoffrey (Joseph Marcell). As the Banks family opens their home - and their checkbook - to their needy relative, Will adapts easily to their indulgent lifestyle. Yet, he reminds everyone that the simplest pleasures of family life can't be bought at any price.

Repeats can be seen on Nick at Nite, The N (Noggin's nightime program lineup), and weekday afternoons on TBS.

Nielsen Ratings (Top 20 or better)

Not in Top 20 in the 1990 - 1991 Season #18 in the 1991 - 1992 Season #14 in the 1992 - 1993 Season Not in Top 20 in the 1993 - 1994 Season Not in Top 20 in the 1994 - 1995 Season Not in Top 20 in the 1995 - 1996 Season

Theme Song: "Fresh Prince" Lyrics and music by Will Smith. Produced by Will Smith in association with "A Touch Of Jazz".

Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped, turned upside down And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air In West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground where I spent most of my days Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool And shootin' some B-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys who were up to no good Started making trouble in my neighbourhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared She said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air" I whistled for a cab and when it came near the License plate said "Fresh" and had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to bel-air I pulled up to a house about seven or eight And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes, smell you later Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Airmoreless