The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Father of the Year

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 04, 1993 on NBC

• Will becomes a "Dad"

This was another episode that Will started something that out of control. It was enjoyable how Will tricked Carlton. I did like how Will did come around even if it was too late. The argument he had with Jackie was one of the funnest they ever had. (It's on youtube) The second story was also funny. It was interesting to see Phillp being needy but not in a bad way. What took this episode down for me a bit was the ending when you find out that the other dad was not actually a dad. It's worse then what Will did. However I did enjoy how Phillp punished Will at the end.
  • Father of the Year

A classic Will Smith prank that gets out of hand is always fun to see and this episode is no exception, with Will trying to pick up women by pretending he was the single parent of Nicky (or Little Willy Junior) and while the end was predictable, the show still added the twist that the guy Will got the idea off was faking too (and didn’t mind accepting the gifts) and Phil’s revenge was great though we don’t find out until the next episode if Will survived the punishment.

Once again, the Fresh Prince proves that even though he’s in college, he can still bring just as many laughs as he could in high school (though the humourless people at Father of the Year don’t seem to think so).