The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Hilary Gets a Life

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 06, 1992 on NBC

• An awesome Hilary based 22 minutes of pure laughter!

Brilliant episode! That is all I could say! I enjoyed everything about this episode. We are finally introduced to a new friend of Will's, who I quite enjoyed, Tyrique. I also loved seeing Geoffrey playing the fatherly role here. It was great to see a bit of bonding between he and Hilary. I also loved how she slowly grows as a character by the end of the episode. In fact, this episode is the only episode of the season so far that I wish were twice as long as it were. Brilliant, perfected episode!
  • Hilary gets a job

Change is hard and the older you are, the harder it is to change. We see Hilary go through this. At the pilot she is spoiled, lazy who would wouldn't even lift a finger who backs away from challenges (see her last job and college). This time she tries to do it but has help from Will and Geoffrey. If this happened Season 1, I don't know if she would go through with the job. I enjoyed Geoffrey talks with Hilary. It was not a lecture or talking-down too but advice he is giving. This is something he has done before with Will and shows how much Geoffrey has grown. i also like that Phillp and Viv were not involved much in Hilary's job. One of the funnier parts is when Will is trying to get Carlton and Ashley and Carlton to help their sister and not coming up with a good reason to. I also thought it was funny that Will and his friend were wearing shirts that someone in 8th grade (according to Ashley). This was a decent episode with some good laughs.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the fresh prince philp finds out that hilery has been spending way to much money and she does not have job so philp decides to cut up her credit cards and you hear a big scream lol when he does and hilery is forced to find a job but hse is having major problems and she gets help by jeffery and will and she ends up as a caterer and jeffrey gives her a speech about how she should keep tring this was a good ep it had some good lines i thought a good ep
  • Hilary Gets A Life

This episode has a very good comparison between Geoffrey and Will’s approach to dealing with Hilary’s crisis which is a great ending to a terrific episode which has a solid Hilary plot and a web of lives that Will spins including on his dating application, Hillary’s resume and to Geoffrey about the party which Geoffrey clearly has doubts about doesn’t want to risk it.

This episode has a lot of great lines about Hilary’s shopping expenses and Philip’s eyesight which is very entertaining when it comes to the bills.

Overall, this episode has a very good plot filled with humorous jokes and well written scenes throughout.