The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Home is Where the Heart Attack Is

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 15, 1993 on NBC

• The best of the far!

I absolutely loved this episode. It is truly hilarious and yet so emotionally draining. The mix between comedy and seriousness is done very well. In this episode, Phil is unable to cope with such a forced diet and gets Will to sneak him food after Ashley ensures no take away store or pizza delivery place will deliver for Phillip and so uses Will to sneak him food, until he has a HEART ATTACK!

This episode contained some of the best humor of the far and yet the most emotionally draining fantastic episode that is perfectly acted by all but the new Vivian.
  • Phillp goes on a diet

This was an episode that showcased how good this season was. If it wasn't for the episode entitled Papas got a brand new excuse this would have been the most dramatic episode of the season. There was also a nice balance with comedy. Before it happened, Phillp getting Will to help him seek food and Ashley and Viv making sure Phillp has no access to food, despite Phillp's pleas was funny. The ambulance tech after it happened is a good character. He proved some humor in a sensitive situation. Nice touch on the name for the doctor.

The scene where Phillp had his heart attack was wonderfully shot. The scenes done afterwards were done great as well. The best most dramatic scene was when Will came to the house to get Carlton. You have seen Will's serious side in some previous episodes but this one really showcased his acting abilities. Believe it or not there was a scene that is more dramatic later in the season.

I liked that Will stepped up and admitted he played a part in it. It was a recall too the prom episode in season 3. I also liked this episode was not a two part episode.
  • Phil disobey his diet and eats the things he isn't suppose to.

After being the doctor.Vivian tell Phil,that he should go on the diet.But Phil denys that he isn't.Ashley tells her father,that she doesn't liked seeing him eat junk food stuff liked that.That he should start eating healthy and go on an diet even to excercise.So the diet begins,Phil couldn't take it anymore.So he sent Will,to secretly bring him some fast food.However in the end,he has an heart attack goes to the hospital.Will felt that he was the one to blame.

I thought that this was an special episode,this show what would happened if you keep eating junk food and don't excercise or be on the diet.
  • Home is Where the Heart Attack Is

The great thing about this episode is that it blends the comedy and dramatic tension very well which can sometimes be hit and miss with the show but in this case is entertaining aswell as having just the right amount of seriousness, with scenes like the ambulance and the cheeseburger/Mexico bribery being hilarious but having very moving scenes with the guilt trips and Will’s father’s absence which will play into an even more dramatical episode towards the end of the season.

Carlton not wanting to visit Philip was a great addition as it shows how tight the family is in the end and also how hilarious the plot points can be as this won’t be the last episode that Phil cheats on his diet and overall the heart attack plot was great in both story and humour from all the characters.
  • Phil gets a heart attack. Ashley puts him on a strict diet to Phil dismay and bribes Will into have greasy foods delivered to him. After eating the food Phil gets a heart attack and stays in the hospital. He eventually comes out the hospital and is fine.

This episode is great. I get it a rating of 9.5 because I loved the suspense of the episode and kept you wondering how Phillip would take care of himself. I'm glad he got well and I hope he will take better care of himself. It just goes to show you to take care of yourself and make healthy choices for if you don't, when you least expect it your life might pass you by. I recommend this episode to everyone since it's an awesome episode. It's rank is currently 18 and for me it's is the best episode in Season 4!