The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Sep 14, 1992 on NBC

• This episode made me laugh more than all of Season 2 put together- No joke- PERFECT return to a series!

'How I Spent My Summer Vacation' is the premiere for Season 3 which deals between the relationship between Phillip and Will. Since Will has returned from his hometown, he has begun acting strangely, which continuously frustrates Phillip to the point that Will leaves home.

I love this episode for many reasons. Firstly, the acting is brilliant but I have one nitpick. Hilary and Will seem to be older a bit, which kinda drew me out of it for a minute or two. Those who say the episode was stupid just don't get it. Phillip never really cared much for Will so everything works. These are still characters we relate to.

The delivery of dialogue is brilliant and this episode made me laugh so much more than season 2 ever did. In fact, most of the episode was filled with laughs which is just great.

Definitely a warm welcome to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air- Definitely check it out

STORY -4.5/5

CHARACTERS (in the episode) 5/5

• Season 3 begins

There are certain ways to start a season and this was not the best way to start one. Was this a bad episode? No. The relationship of Will and Phillp was never great but it has been better since the start. Also Will has grown some too. I think both parts regressed a bit. Granted Will was on vacation for summer in Philadelphia, so one would expect some fall back but not this much. It felt like it was at the pilot again. Maybe it was at the time I reviewed this but Will's hair's didn't seem that bad. There were some good parts. I was glad to see the rest of the family happy (except Carlton, which I expect) to see Will. It was also funny to seeing Will get thrown out. out Jazz's place. The best part was that Phillp's potential client nickname was actually whitey. A nice episode but the best way to start a season.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show fresh prince will comes home after spending the summer in philly and he starts to do some of the cool hip things he did in philly and philp does not like that when ashley starts to do the things also and philp and will get into a big arguement and will decides that maybe its best if he goes back to the way things were when he was at bel air this was a good ep i thought it had alot of laughs and it was alittle bit a emotinoal . all in all a good ep
  • How I Spent My Summer Vacation

This episode is a hilarious start to season 3 and really sets up the humour that will occur throughout the season with great jokes involving "Whitey", Jazz and Phil.

The ending of the episode is terrific, the whole final scene ("I don't wanna go to Princeton" and the man in the jacuzzi) being an excellent finish with Will actually believig for once that Phil was being lenient until he makes his own kids turn on Will.

Overall, this episode has many great moments that prove that The Fresh Prince is even better than it was in the first two seasons with a talking car and "brain-operated" Ashley.
MTV