The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I Know Why the Caged Bird Screams

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 24, 1994 on NBC

• A Football Game

This episode had many flaws. First of all the timing of the episode. Since this was college homecoming games don't happen in January. My only defense might be that the producers thought this would be shown in October or November. But then again NBC should have realized it. The football coach was your stereotypical coach. Also the girl that Carlton was with when he was captured was mean. What did Carlton see in her? Also where was Viv?

There were some good moments. The security system story was funny. My favorite part is when Phillp tried to call the security company only to trip Hilary and hit the laser. The pranks between the schools were also funny. I liked that Jazz tried to help out. Also how Will got out his debt was entertaining.

While this episode had some bad moments, and might have been better, it's still worth seeing.
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Screams

Both the war between schools and the alarm system are hilarious plots, especially when the Banks get trapped and Carlton gets stolen. Of course the end was brilliant, with Amanda coming back to gloat and Will asking for the $500 Carlton owed him.

The funniest aspect of the episode is the fact that the football team couldn’t survive without their peacock mascot and lost their confidence just because Carlton was mascot-napped.

Will dressed as a peacock is even more amusing than Carlton because it is so out of character and overall, this episode is one worth watching, especially for the moments with Jazz and the dogs.