The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

My Brother's Keeper

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 13, 1992 on NBC

• Will has a challange from a basketball star

While this was funny episode, I think that there could have been a B story to this episode. I liked how Will still goes the barber shop despite living in luxury. I enjoyed the trash talk Will had with Marcus. It was fun and not mean spirited. The only other bad thing I can say about this episode was the court where Will had his basketball game. I realized that the set dressers did their best job they could but the hoop seemed like it was nine feet. Like with Didi earlier this season, the conclusion that Will made was wrong. I think this helped him grow a bit. I also liked how Will dealt with the whole Marcus situation by himself.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the fresh prince its basketball time and will has always been good at the best on his team but will always has loved to be the winner but his opponet that he is playing is just like him from a bad nighbor hood and will realizes that he is not the guy he mistook him as just because he went to a prep school its all comes down too one game the game that scouts are going to be at will goes head to head with the guy and its goes right down to the wire and were will lets him win at the end cuz he realized it would mean more to the guy then it would for him. this was a good ep i thought
  • A decent episode.

(I think) This is the very first Fresh Prince episode I ever watched. I was too thrilled with it, but it was an alright episode. I was so surprised that Marcus had a kid! O.O But he did take it opum himself to raise him instead of giving him up. He was also trying to get himself through high school while being the star of his basketball team. That's true dedication. I was a little surprised that Will let Marcus when the basketball game. (Though it was practically a charity act so the scout for pick Marcus to be the one to receive the b-ball scholarship.) Marcus confronted Will at the end of the episode about this. The little speech he gave showed how much he cared for his son and that he already had a good plan for his future.
  • My Brother’s Keeper

Yet another brilliant instalment of the Fresh Prince, this episode shows a side of Will not often shown, one that takes pity on a rival basketballer who has a kid and purposely lets him win! This isn’t taken well by the other guy though who wants to win on his own merits which is understandable.

Coach Smiley has an extremely funny appearance “incognito” and punishing Will by giving him 20 laps but then transferring the punishment to Carlton since he doesn’t want Will to overexert himself before the game.

Overall, there are some very funny scenes such as Will’s speech to Phil about how he used to yell at him to go back to Philly “but this is now and that was this morning” and Will also learns a valuable lesson which adds up to an entertaining episode.