The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

NBC (ended 1996)

Tubelubber

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Fan Reviews page 2 of 12

• The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was instant classic right from the start. This happens to be my all time favorite TV show.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is definitely the funniest and most entertaining television series from the 90's. The show was and still is so full that my stomach has hurt from laughing so hard. Not only does Will Smith make the show funny, but with all the other randomness, and sarcasm, Alfonso Ribeiro really makes all us Fresh Prince fans crack up! This is an absolutely, positively great, and hilarious show. It needs to be on TV more often. Fresh Prince is a classic!! And don't forget about the Carlton dance! Watching him do that is the funniest thing ever!
  • The show is about a 19 year old who plays a 17 year old on the show.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was one of the best television shows I have ever seen. The African American show was hilarious and riveting good. The cast did an excellent job and deserves to win many awards. The show featured tons of famous people such as Sherman Hemsley. Will Smith played a 17 year old and grew older throughout the series. Every season the show got better and became more exciting. This show won nine awards and was nominated to thirteen awards. The character Jazz, was played by DJ Jazzy Jeff A.K.A Jeffrey A. Townes. Will Smith and Jeffrey A. Townes are friends in real life and make songs together. Everyone thinks that Jeffrey and Will Smith made the song in the opening credits, but it was actually made by Quincy Jones III.
  • This show is da bomb!

This is definitely one of the best sitcoms ever made, Perhaps also one of the best tv shows ever made period! Will Smith is so funny! Uncle Phil I think is cool and funny too! Nick at Nite certainly rules for having comedy gemstones such as this! All the more reason to watch Nick at Nite. Well, this show is truly amazing and if you watch some episodes, you shan't be disappointed! Everything about this show to me looks rock solid perfect. The whole concept is well done. Now for the descriptions of the show's famous characters. I like the butler in their big house (probably a mansion? The family is rich after all.) So yeah the butler is cool and he can be funny sometimes too! Some episodes are wicked funny! I laughed so hard one time watching a particular episode! I don't know the name but I remember the part when Will and one of his buddies were trying to persuade Uncle Phil to get something, and they were dressed up Jamaican style with the wigs and all! Man that whole scene was hilarious! This show is truly great and it always will be another one of my superb sitcom favorites. This show I would say is great enough for the whole family to enjoy! There's a lot of good shows out there where a whole family can enjoy it and this is definitely one of them! This show is absolutely fabulous! I also lik Carlton, he's cool too! This show's characters are the greatest. Man, this show is priceless. There's many more I can say about this show but that could take a long time, so I will just say that this show has a lot of great episodes, and I always enjoy watching its superb reruns!
  • Will Smith rules!

This show is just funny! I saw one of the episodes and I absolutely loved it! Will Smith is my favorite character. He is sooooo funny! It's about Will Smith living in Bel-Air, California with his relatives; Uncle Phil, Aunt Vivian, his cousins Carlton, Hilary, and Ashley, and the butler Geoffrey whom Will calls him "G". I own Season 3 on DVD, and my favorite episodes had to be "The Cold War". I'm planning to buy the rest of the DVDs. Thank goodness the reruns are still on! Like I said, this show is funny! Please watch if you're a Will Smith fan like me!
  • Amazingly hilarious!

Every single time I watch any episodes of this show, they always make me laugh endlessly without any doubt. I am really sure that everyone who has ever watched it concurs with me. It also cheers me up when I am down. The comedy is extraordinary with Will Smith, Carl and the rest of the amazing cast. I can never get tired of it for sure. I never will just like many other people. It is one of the best shows ever! I would recommend it to anyone, anytime. I also recommend that if you are reading this, to turn on your tv and watch The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air now! (^_^)
    ~XD~
  • This show is the reason why you should watch TV!

This show proves how great the 1990's were for having so many golden sitcoms, and this is definitely one of them. You got an introductory with a classic song that became famous and has been used many times for different words/themes in the future, "Now this is a story of how my life flipped upside-down" is the beginning and just shows how awesome this sitcom has been made. I actually laughed quite a bit watching some episodes of this show, this show is exciting to watch and is highly recommended to cheer up viewers when they're down. The comedy is so good, and the characters are so awesome and funny, that this is a sitcom that certainly will never get old. So many amazing episodes for audiences to gaze upon its superior plots, settings, and themes, and also be prepared to laugh because this has some of the best humor you could think of, because it is so well thought out and organized, that way it can be set at the right moments for comedy to make a hit! this show at least managed to last for 5 years too! Behold everybody, one of the best sitcoms ever made! What are you waiting for? Flip the channel to Nick at Nite to catch some awesome episodes for this spectacular sitcom TV show! What is also included in this show is golden key moments where parts can get you hyped up! This show is canceled but the good news is reruns are still available to see so you can have a good time! If you actually don't like this show then have a doctor examine your brain to see if he can fix it so you can like this show, because you don't know what you're missing in this great show! Fresh Prince must live on!
  • If I had to tell you about it in 177 words....

This show is a story all about how his life got flip-turned upside down. Now let me take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how he became the prince of a town called Ball Air.

In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where he spent most of his days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys
    Who were up to no good
    Startin making trouble in his neighborhood
    He got in one little fight and His mom got scared
    She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

He whistled for a cab and when it came near
    The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
    If anything He can say that cab was rare
    But He thought 'Naww forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

He pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
    And he yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
    He looked at my kingdom
    He was finally there
    To sit on his throne as the Prince of Bel Air
  • When I was a young boy, I caught an episode of Fresh Prince and immediately fell in love with it.

Its not often you can call a show with only six seasons a "classic", but the excellent quality of this show give you the permission to.
    Although at the start of the shows reasonably short life, Will Smith wasn't the best of actors (in that you could see him mouthing other actors words) but as the saga progressed the show acted as a training school and gave him the go-ahead to move on to films.
    The show features a family who are very well-off and living in Bel-Air, who are forced to take in a streetwise Philadelphia kid who is the complete opposite of them. Its through the six seasons that you witness Will grow into the family and eventually become a part of it.
    It's a really unique sitcom and the viewer can feel all sorts of emotions throughout. From hilarity to tear-jerking sympathy the show can portray them all.
    I am yet to see the last two seasons and I cannot wait to buy them on DVD. A very, very good nineties sitcom.
  • Ah, the good ole 80's, where originality was a shows middle name. Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air is one of the greatest shows of all time.

What can I say about this show? I havent finished watching every single episode, but I don't need to, to say its AWESOME. My favorite character would have to be Carlton, just because his preppy attitude in mix with Wills street-smarts create a great combo. Also, the Carlton dance is THE BOMB. Geoffry is the butler of the family, and his wise cracks are always fun to watch. One of my favorite episodes was the one that was weirdly named "Fresh Prince: The movie"
    yet it was still only 30 minutes. It centers around Will and Carlton making up stories about Will witnessing a murder to Jaz, so they can win his money in a poker game. It's a great show, and there needs to be more like them nowadays.
  • Cool show.

This is a very, very, very funny show. My favorite character is Carlton. He's always funny and dramatic. Will is second, even that I think he's a jerk for picking on Carlton all the time, I still think Will is funny. Geoffrey is funny too. I remember in one episode that Phillip said "Geoffrey, fetch me my tools", and then Geoffrey said "You mean your knife and fork?" I laughed until I cried. I also loved the Halloween episode where Carlton is McCally Cukin for Halloween, all he had on was a yellow wig. I give The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air a 9.7.
  • There is no other show like this, and never will be.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has the 90s written all over it; it looks like the 90s, it sounds like the 90s, it FEELS like the 90s. I can't think of a better show to turn to when one is feeling nostalgic about this decade.
    Will Smith is perhaps one of the most memorable main characters sitcom TV has ever seen, with his unique essence and humor that flows out of him so easily like melted butter. Not only is the star fantastic, the supporting cast is incomparable to others in this genre; his family, Uncle Phil, Aunt Viv, Hilary, Carlton and Ashley (and later Nicky), and friends, such as Cornflake, Ty and who could forget Jazz!
    Perhaps the best thing about this show is that it ended on a high, instead of being dragged out into the noughties and losing its spark.
  • Really a great show and Will Smith is hilarious!

This is really a great show and that it put Will Smith on the map as an actor. After being a successful rap artist with DJ Jazy Jeff. As he is, really playing himself in this show. About him being poor and gets into really big trouble up on Philly. And moves in with his upper-class relatives, his aunt, uncle-lawyer soon to be judge, and three cousins. While they try to teach him to work on his own to earn a dollar. He teaches them small but very important lessons into trying to be yourself. But not get in trouble. Really funny show that should had lasted a long while. But six years is enough.
  • get serious

A young boy named will smith is moving to californa bel-air to his preppy side of the family by his mom who wants him to move out of philadelpha to get a better life.This show is a black comedy the whole family "might" love.I say might because this show is just one joke after another.will smith is always dissing his family like his cousin carlton cause he's short,his cousin hilary cause she's dumb (i can understand)and his uncle phil about how big he is.Phil been wanted to kick him out but his wife vivian (will's aunt)wont let him.Like any other black comedy the main character which is will has dated girl after girl after girl.even though it seem like he keeps the girl thoughout the whole season,the next episode he's with a different girl.The only semi funny character on here is the butler named jeffery.But the jokes on the show are always the same.About wills ears,hilary's stupidity,carlton's height or phil's weight
  • This Show is Awesome plus Hilarious!

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air may have been made a long time ago, but it is still a very popular and entertaining to Show to watch! They stopped making new Episodes in 1996, but its still very nice to see it and watch great and hilarious Reruns! I'm glad Nick at Nite still Shows it because it has got a good Storyline and a Special Family Essence to it that just makes you want to see it again! This Show is also probably one of the most funniest Shows ever made! It was great while it lasted when this Show was still running with new Episodes! It's good to see them on Nick at Nite and other Channels it may be on, Will and Carlton are so funny! This Show is definitely a true Masterpiece Created! Well, I guess that's about it, but I'm hoping Fresh Prince can live on for more time to come! Hard to find and make a Show as good and Funny as this! Well, have a very good day everybody!
  • This show was by far the funniest comedy of its time.

This show was by far the funniest comedy of its time. I don't know one person who doesn't think this show is not funny. Will smith is so funny I have laughed out loud countless times when this show is on and it takes a lot for me to laugh out loud. They were all very good actors, however I liked Vivian #1 a lot better. I think she fit the role better and was a better actress with a stronger personality. I love this show and I hope Nick at Night airs it for a long time to come! If you haven't seen this show - check it out!
  • Will Smith is hilarious

this show is a classic it has the perfect family (The Stricked dad-Uncle Phil The Soft Auntie-Nora (i think thats her name) the nerdy son-carlton the crazy overdressed saughter-Forget name the liitle angle-nikki the sweet daughter-ashley) the show needs to be brought back lately will smiths movies have been pretty good to the box office and the critics but to my family there pretty suckish love this show but we need you back will, and fast before your movies get to suckish for my family to enjoy the world loves them just work harder and bring it back like we usually say
  • This show is the best show in the world, i love it. It is so darn funny. It is an awesome show to watch.

I love all the episodes. They are all funny. I love will smith he is the only reason i watch the show. i would totally recommend that everybody watches this show. expecially if you like comedy. It is totally worth watching, let me tell ya.
    I love when will and carltin get together they are such dorks, and they always get into some kind of mess with each other. it is so funny.And how they are always so afraid of uncle phil. Oh and and I love carltin's little dance that is funny as heck. i don't really miss any of my shows.
  • This show is ok a couple times; i have seen better. Most of the time i didnt really like it but only once or twice i really like this show.

7.2
    This show was kind of half and half. The only reason i liked it was for the drama in it. and the reason i did not like it was because it was always "hoity toity". I have to admit it really is kind of funny sometimes. and i really really really like their butler, Geoffrey, he is always really funny and his sarcasm is really funny too! Geoffrey is probably my most favorite person in the whole TV show. I did not really like the first 2 or 3 seasons just because, and i somewhat liked 4,5, and 6th seasons. but overall it is half and half, but i kind of disliked it a little bit more.
  • Funniest show around.

I own 4 seasons and never get tired of watching. Great show!One of my favourite episodes is where they visit the mall and Carlton and Will are trying to see who can pick up a girl to bring as a date to their Halloween party. Priceless episode. It's funny to see all the guest stars that have appeared on the show over the years and to see how young they all look. Just watched one the other night where Donald Trump had guest starred and his hair sure looked a lot better than. lol
    Does anyone know when season 5 and 6 are coming out to buy?
  • A guaranteed winner

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air rocks, it's a very very funny comedy show, but Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air became a great comedy show thanks to it's supporters and people are very grateful for the actors and actresses for putting on the best comedy show ever, I loved this show because of the very hilarious sense of humor of the characters, the suprising guests, and the topic of every episode, like Will plays the charcater of Will the ghetto homeboy from "Philly", which makes a good combination with Carlton who was played by Alfonso, when those two are together i'm laughing my head off, i wish they had another show together with all of the other crew.
  • The best show out there

This is the best show ever i think.The storys great the jokes are funny theres not much more you can ask for in a sitcom. But this show is just excellent. The opening is really good because it tells you the story and how 'Will' ended up there and it sounds good.The only thing that stoped me from giving this show a ten is because they changed Vivians the first one was just fine a great actor and well she kind of fits in more. And she just looks like someonee you would see in the nintes i dont know why.

But i think its the closest thing to perfect ill see on T.V.
  • One of the best sitcoms of all time.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is possibly one of the funniest sitcoms, IMO. It centers around Will Smith, a fish-out-of-water in a rich scenario. Carlton, Will, and Uncle Phil are the funniest characters on the show. It won a few awards for best sitcom. The acting is very well done, and the humor is spontanous and random. Although it's a comedy show, it still showed some important lessons, such as racism, single parenthood, pre-marital sex, and teenage preganancy. This show had all the things shows need nowadays, unlike some of the lousy shows that air in this decade. Fresh Prince forever!
  • The Fresh Price of Bel-Air

The Fresh Price of Bel-Air is about :

a wealthy family living in Bel-Air, California, receives a dubious gift from their poorer relations in Philadelphia when Grammy Award-winner Will Smith arrives as The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. His mother wants him to learn some good old-fashioned values from his successful relatives. But Will shatters the sophisticated serenity of Bel-Air with his streetwise common sense, much to the dismay of his upper-crust uncle, Philip Banks (James Avery), Aunt Vivian (Janet Hubert-Whitten and Daphne Maxwell Reid) and three conceited cousins, Carlton (Alfonso Ribeiro), Hilary (Karyn Parsons) and Ashley (Tatyana Ali) - and even the butler, Geoffrey (Joseph Marcell). As the Banks family opens their home - and their checkbook - to their needy relative, Will adapts easily to their indulgent lifestyle. Yet, he reminds everyone that the simplest pleasures of family life can't be bought at any price.

The Fresh Price of Bel-Air is a great comedy movie.
  • Best show ever!

This is the best show that the world has ever come to know. It is by far the thing I would prefer to watch over anything else. What, with Will Smith on the cast, you pretty much knew this would be a great show. Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince pair up in this awe-inspiring show as best friends, Josheph Marcell plays a sarcastic butler(my personal favorite of the whole show) and other great cast make this want to repeat myself over and over how great it is. It was dang too bad how they cancelled the show, with everyone leaving, but still spectatcular with the fact that is reached 6 seasons. To sum this baby up, I would just like to say that this is the best show of all time, and if I ever do find a better show, I'll make sure to write a blog about it.
  • Really Good!

"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is a live action sitcom about a stariahgt out of the hood teen kid names Will Smith who is played by Will Smith who moves from Phillydelphia to Los Angles california to live with his Aunt and Uncle. The only thing diffrent about this show is... their rich! the show is all about Will learning to adjust to the rich life style without over induljing it. Its a comedy. I find it really funny. I own every season and episodes on my ipod. It rules! It should have gone for longer! I miss it! f f
    the fresh prine of bel-air is funny. the person that is the funnest on the show is will smith. will smith brings out the show for what it really is. i love will smith so much. his movies are great like bad boys,bad boys 2,ememy of the state,hitched,and much more. will smith is the coolest and the badest. i love this show ashley,will,lisa,and the maid and the rest of them. this show is funnyyyyyyyy and i love you will smith always have and always will cause kids all over the world are watchin this show and you expirer most people and your doin your thang and i anit mad at ya. will thats all for today love ya.
  • A teen is sent to live with his extended family after getting in trouble.

This is probably one of my favorite shows of all time. It stars Will Smith as a teen who lives with his mom in Philly but when he gets into trouble, she send him to live with her sister and the family in Bel Air. When he arrives there, the family is turn upside. I think that this is a good show because it teaches people that money will probably not solve everything and that sometimes you have to use your street smarts to get out of situations. Also it shows the importance of a family even if its your extended family.
  • One of the best shows ever. Will Smith should win an award.

Pros: Extremely funny | Lots of variety in episodes | Great writing.

Cons: Kind cheesy sometimes.

Thw writing is hilarious, the cast is great, the story is original and everything else is just awesome. Fresh Prince is one of the best shows ever. It really should be brought back.

There are a few channels where you can find the show, but Nick at Nite is my choice. The characters are all funny in their own ways. There's Carlton, the shorty who has perfect grammar and a fancy attitude. Will is from Philly, so he's got bad grammar and knows everything about "The Hood" as he calls it. There's Geofrey, the butler, who is my personal favorite character because he hates his job.

Fresh Prince is one-of-a-kind, and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. Go buy the DVD now!
  • Just another one of the funniest series I have ever seen that was killed yet again two early. :(

• funniest show eva

i watch this on the N and on mick at night every night and every time it would always make me laugh. I have at least 20 favorite moments 4rm the show . One of my favorite was when Will, Uncle Phil, and Carlton were stuck in te cave and carlton was sitting there saying "they jst keep picking at him, and picking at him........stupid rabbit tricks r 4 kids..." it would always make me laugh. Then there was another one when Hillary and Will apologized ro Uncle Phil and then after tht Will started singing tht Jennifer Hudson song. Ill tell u this: the more u watch it the more you'll love it
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10