The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

NBC (ended 1996)

Tubelubber

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Fan Reviews page 3 of 12

• I *luv* this show! Its hilarious!

I *luv* this show! And will smith is soo soo soo funny. This show is like my 2nd favorite show, even though it ended a long time ago.I wish it never ended. . . but it did.I love when carlton does 'his own special dance'.Its so funny when he does that dance! ! ! !The fresh prince has got 2 be the funniest shown on nick @ nite.Then george lopez. . .but thats not the point.So yeah , all in all I think this show is -R E A L L Y- good! I'm Watching it right now! ! : )
  • a rabber comes to live with his uncle and aunt in bel air.

i remember when this first came to air in australia. im a big fan of american tv show. but this is a classic. a actor name will smith came onto our tv and his humour and wit was outstanding. he introuced us to rab. they way he came on the tv. with all topics. race drugs all of that it didn't mattter if you are white black green yellow he send a message. it does'nt matter who or what u r. this show was great. l also love the way he talk to geffory the buttle. not as a servert but as a friend. this is one great and funny shows of the 90's and im glad i get to see it on dvd.
  • This is one of the best shows of the 90's........

This is one of the best shows of the 90's because of the cast and how they had the chemistry to create the comey of the show. Will and Carlton were the best on the show. Th short jokes from Will and the Carlton dancing. That's great comedy and with a show of this calibur and that is just awesome. Unlce Phil an Will also had great comedic chemistry and that just proves that this show is just soooo great. I love every bit of this show and what I said just proves how great this show is an alawys will be.
  • this show is always good to watch

The show fresh prince of bel air is just a great show. it has everything good about it. from the characters to the plot. the plot is just amazing. having a kid from the hood going to a place like malibu is just a great storyline. this is why i think the show was so funny. also i love the characters. i love how they made the classic rich. it was just so funny. i mean seriously they developed the character hilary so well. you tell she is the classic rich girl from the very first episoide. all in all this show is great.
  • one of the best sitcoms ever!

on tv right now, two and a half men is ruling over the sitcoms, but in my opinion, i think one of the best sitcoms ever on tv was probably the fresh prince of bel air. i never really watched it when it was on but i watch it when i can when it is on nick at nite. i can't wait until they have another reunion with the show, which will probably happen in 2010. i hope it happens because the show deserves it. it was the best sitcoms of the 1990's. the fresh prince of bel air is one of the best in my head.
  • Will smith is hilarious!!

Fresh prince of belair is a comedy about will smith who moved from philly to live with his aunt, uncle, and cousins. Vivian is his aunt, Phil is his fat and rich uncle, Carlton is his very short and anoying cousin who loves tom jones, ashley is the 2nd youngest in the family who admiers will, hilary is his self centered money loving cousin who has her own talk show, nicky who is his little cousin who calls him a dork, and jeffrey who is thier butler who is very sarcastic. This is one of the funniest sitsoms to ever come to television.
  • The show is about a wealthy family that lives in bel-air that gets an unexpected house guest who moves in from the first episode on will smith Moves in with the banks and sees how the other half lives showing them a few things about philly along the way!

I love the show event tohugh they odnt make new episodes anymore its fabulous and fresh. Will smit is a great actor and makes the show hilarious along with carlton his do-good cousin theyd ave to be the two funniest and hilary the air-headed older sister who loves to shop.Phillip and vivian are great to play the parents with their rags to riches story. Ashley is the younger sister who tends to stay out of the spotlight and trouble and geoffery the butler is hilarious !!!! All around Fabulous show about the every day life of Great People in Bel-air!!!!! Who fall but get up agian.

• Brilliant show as i was growing up...

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is an Emmy, BAFTA, and RTS-award winning popular American television sitcom that aired on NBC from September 10, 1990, to May 20, 1996. The show starred Will Smith in a fish-out-of-water scenario. He is a streetwise teenager from West Philadelphia who is sent to live with his wealthy relatives in a Bel-Air mansion. His lifestyle does not fit well with that of his relatives living in Bel-Air. 148 episodes were produced over six seasons. Fresh Prince of bel-air is finnaly back on reruns in the UK and i'm very happy it is, it was a very funny show and I love watching it after i watched friends.
  • funny

its a wicked show stariing will smith and alphonso ribero. its all about a young man william smith who is from west philly and he moves to his wealthy uncles and aunts that live in bel air. will is no the brightest student but he is good at basketball. he makes shortcomings of carltons height uncle phils weight and how spoilt hilary is. carlton is a short person, and is the teachers pet, he hates how will can coast through school. so all in all this show is one of my favourites. so i wud reccomend it to anyone. x.
  • The only thing that can compete with the Cosby Show, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has proved time and time again that sitcoms can still be funny. If you hate this show you need to get to the hospital so they can make sure you didn't damage your brain.

I swear on the bible this is the best sitcom ever created. Not only is it original but every single joke is funny. How many other sitcoms can honostly say that? This show brought familys together, and launched Will Smith's acting career. No matter how many times I see the same episode I'd still be laughing, thats how great it is. Great cast, great jokes, great plots, and best of all the most amazing theme song I've ever heard. What more do I have to say to convince you this show is great? Get off the computer turn on the television and watch it!! Simply put this is the greatest sitcom ever.
  • This Is A Very Funny Show.

Will Smith Is Hilarious In This Show,Carlton Is To.I Like It When Uncle Phil Gets Mad All The Time.Hilary Looks Pretty,Ashley Is Cute,And The Mom Is Very Intelligent.This Is Will Smith's Greatest Idea In His Whole Career.He Is Such A Genius For Creating This Show With NBC.Will Is One Of The Most Talented Actors I've Ever Seen.He Isn't As Funny As Jim Carrey But He Is Funny.He Should Do Another Sitcom Like The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.I Like The Episode When He Messed Up Phil's Canident Tape In The Beginning Of The Show.Will Smith Is Very Talented.Jim Carrey Is Still My Favorite Comedian Of All Time.
  • halarious...

Will Smith stars in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and he is halarious. The show has such a great idea/story and it just funny. Will goes off to Bel-Air to live with his rich relatives and he's not quite like him. Mr and Mrs Banks are just funny and Vivien is halarious because she is so stupid and just cares about shopping and style. I think Carlton is the funniest character of them all. He's so nerdy which makes him halarious. I also enjoyed the butler. All of the characters together and the stories just made the show awesome. Overall, one of the greatest comdedies ever.
  • will smith's best role!!!!!!!! if only they could bring it back!

The fresh prince of bel-air is a comedy classic!! Will smith was perfect and hilarious as the smart-ass cocky know-it-all from philly who gets stuck with an upper-class family. The characters are all perfect- hilary, the self obsessed vain sister, charlton, the goofy geek, geoffrey, the disgruntled butler and ashley the sweetheart turned rebel and of course phillip, the biggest snob and law-obiding citizen!. Its a perfect combination for humourous events when will's street-wise starts getting everyone in trouble. It also managed to cover some pretty serious and sentimental(touchy issues) which really is an achievement for a comedy show.
    No comedy compares to it at present!!!.......................
  • This show is probably among my top ten best comedies of all time.

I honeslty have no idea where to begin. Will Smith did a marvelous job of performing his role as a street kid from Philedelphia. His jokes are extremely funny, and personally, I think short jokes aren't very funny. But the way he does them about Carlton, they're hilarious! Uncle Phil is another funny character! his big belly and short fuse often give everyone a riot, especially the way he explodes at his kids if they did something stupid or wrong. Carlton is definitly a knee-slapper! He has the funnniest voice, and his trademark dance is just plain humorous! It's funny to see the way he argues with Will, and the short temper he has with him.

Overall, all the characters are very funny, and at the least will put a smile on your face. i understand why this show was cancelled, but I certainly wish that it would return!
  • Another classic show

What can I say? I loveeee The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air. It's among other comedy shows that marked my childhood (in a good way of course). You can see a young and talented Will Smith, in the show that made him famous. He can really be funny, as you'll see and play pretty good. With this role he conquered the whole world and demonstrated what he can do. As I already said, this serial is among the classic ones, the ones that made history. Do I have to remind you of the fatty uncle Phill, or the dorky cousin, Carlton and not to forget, the daddy's little spoiled girl, Hillary? Those are the characters that made this show pretty unforgettable, and hilarious. Every episode made me laugh my heart out, even if it was filmed ages agooo. I think that's a pretty good thing. And I respect Will Smith only for this show.
  • With it from episode one!

This show is just classic! It had an even mix of all the elemnts a good show needs. There was so many episodes that just blew me away. I like this one episode when will joins the basketball team and hogs the ball. At the end carlton steals the ball and makes this hail mary shot that was off by a mile. Funny show. The last episode was sad. When everyone left the stage and the lights turned off. They just snuck in one last joke when Carlton ran down with his pants down. I wish this show haden't ended. The best show ever.
  • You may have heard of the "carlton dance" =]

Wow you SHOULD watch this show it is soooo soooo sooo funny!
    If your a comedy person you will crack up over this show (There are great moments from this show) A lot happends in this show so its always interesting. the basic story is in the intro : Will Smith isnt safe living in PA phillidelpha so his Mom wants him to live with the Banks family ()rich reletives) in bel-air CA. Ussally Will is getting in trouble and having to be helped. the main characters are Will,Carlton,Uncal Phil,Aunt Vivian,Hilary,Jazz and Ashley.
    Sound cool??
    Check out this show today! its Really Great!
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is one of the greatest shows there ever was, sadly it ended in '96, but we still remember it today.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, is about a urban youth ( Will Smith ) who moves out to Bel Air California, to live with his Aunt and Uncle. He Moves here to get a good education, and to stay out of trouble. Young Will, always gets into trouble, always has a girl, and always makes the show worth watching. There are many other characters in the show including : Uncle Phil, Aunt Vivian, Carlton, Ashley, Hillary, Geoffry, and later in the series, Nikki. These fellow family members always get eachother into trouble...as well has helping eachother out of it. Even though Will and Carlton always throw jokes at one another, they still love eachother and are best friends. If your looking for a great series to pick up on, then hands down go with this. It will make you laugh, think, and maybe even cry.
  • Hugely underrated show that delivers solid laughs again and again!

Hugely underrated when it was actually on the air with new episodes, Fresh Prince's long and successful run in syndication is a definite sign of a show that delivers solid laughs again and again. One other quick point... Fresh Prince, like many family sitcoms, had a regular diet of serious issue shows (the ones in which you would often see the actors talking into the character at the end of the episode). While one can definitely argue that this trend of preachy television is unnecessary, Fresh Prince was the only sitcom that could do one of the shows and not make you cringe in horror at the poor acting or writing. The basis of this shows appeal was not just Will Smith for me, but Carlton Banks. He has to be one of the most funniest characters I've seen on my TV screen. Who can forget "The Carlton" the dance he used to do for the Tom Jones songs or his screaming when he used to panic. Now this show was made almost over 7 years ago and if some people still find the jokes funny what does that say about the show?
  • What a classic show from Will Smith & the team. Clean cut funny comedy, guarenteed to have you falling off your seat! Now a superstar in his own right, catch Will in his early days as the charismatic 'Fresh Prince' of Bel Air.

I have all of these so far on DVD, I hope they finish releasing them. Will Smith, what a cutie & such a great actor too. Probably one if his memorable roles to date, which launched a singig & acting career for him. Check out his cheekiness & charisma as the teen who's always in trouble but keen to impress! Moved out from Philly to save getting beaten up, Will moves to LA to live with his rich Aunt & Uncle. But his mouth & misfortunate actions seems to always get him in trouble, guarenteeing you'll be falling out of your seats with laughter.
  • These were the good old days!

So who doesn't know the opening song for this show? We all know because we all love this show! Will Smith got his best start on this show and it shows how much of a good actor he is going to be. He is quick witted with his jokes and very funny! He has always got something to say and is always in some sort of trouble. The rest of the family all work together to provide an all around pleasurable viewing experience for everyone, something I would even let my kids watch. It has become a classic that we can still watch and love!
  • One of the best comedies of all time.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is an interesting concept. Will Smith is one of my favorite comedians and actors and he does an excellent job on this program. Most of the episodes are really funny although there are a few that I didn't really like too much. I also think that the "very special episodes" are really good and mix in a bit of comedy but for the most part are about a serious issue. All of the cast on the show is funny and have their various personality. This show, is one of the best comedies of all time and I enjoy watching the re-runs.
  • A good show to watch

7.8
    this show is a good show to watch at times when there is nothing good on tv. this show is sometimes entertaining and funny. I usualy is funny and there are also times when it is not so good. I watch this show on Nick at night sometimes when I cant find anything good on this show is allways a good show to keep on telivision for many years to come. It may not be my favorite but still is good to watch. Will smith is a good actor. Today he is in more movies than tv shows. He also does good music too.
  • Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is about Will Smith, a youth moving from the rough streets of Philadelphia to the luxurious mansions in Bel-Air.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is about Will Smith, a youth moving from the rough streets of Philadelphia to the luxurious mansions in Bel-Air. There, he wreaks havoc with his Uncle Phil and Aunt Vivian, and gets himself in trouble, often accompanied by his cousins Carlton, Hilary, or Ashley. He also likes to bother the family's cheeky butler, Geoffrey. In Bel-Air, he is expected to "straighten up" and get himself a good education, and while he does, he stays true to himself, often making one of his rich relatives realize there's more to life than money and riches. In Fresh Prince, we saw the whole Banks family mature, as well as the main protagonist himself, Will Smith. If you like Will Smith's work, you'll love The Fresh Prince of Bel-air.
  • Very original and funny

This is the best show ever! I know it/s old, but I like to watch reruns on Nick@Nite. The story is original, and the characters are all likeable and decent. Will Smith is a very good actor, and is naturally funny. Although not everything is realistic, it dealt with serious issues in a mature manner. It teaches good morals, and its humour is original (although some of the jokes are not, it just comes out hilarious) There should be more shows like this. It is one of my personal favorites, and I never get tired of seeing it. Will Smith and Alfonso Riberio are hilarious!
  • in west philedlphia...

this show was slick and funny. all the short,fat and sarcastic jokes were hillarious! if you grew up in the 90s, you have got to have the opening song memorized. this show is an all time favorite of everyone and television wouldn't have been the same without it. Will...hot,funny,turns me on, LOVE HIM!!! Carlton- lovable, dramatic, marry me, ADORABLE!! Uncle Phil- all time favorite television unlce. Aunt Viv-what happened to the old one?? Hillary- would love to look like her Ashley- at times, very annoying Geoffrey- coolest butler out there. this show is awesome, always cheers me up when i got the blues.
  • Ok i grew up with this show!!! And as cliche as some of the episodes were they actually taught me good lessons at a young age!

Will was a rough around the edges street punk in the beginning of the show but through the help of his aunt, uncle, cousins, and even butler he grew into a responsible man through out the course of the show. Carlton also underwent an extreme tranformation from a prep school nerd who knew nothing about life outside of Bel-Air to a young man who could hold his own. Also some of the best comedy in my oppinion was provided by Hilary's airheadedness, Jazz being repeatedly and literally thrown out of the house, and Geoffory's complete disregard for the fact that Phillip was indeed his employer. All in all one of the best family shows ever produced!
  • This show is awesome. It is really funny and cool.

I love this show. it is hilarious. will is funny. i like how they make fun of how uncle phil is fat. i also like how they throw jazz out and how carlton is short. it is my so funny i watch most of the episodes. i like the one when jazz says that uncle phil cant throw him out because he is already outside, then he throws him inside. its so funny. and this other episode when Will keeps saying he saw uncle phil naked and kept screaimng. this is one of my favorite show and i give it a 10!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10