The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

NBC (ended 1996)

Tubelubber

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Fan Reviews (355)

• turning it up

All i can say is, Will Smith, you are a legend
  • Favorite.

This is still my favorite sitcom to watch and i try to catch it when ever i can. The first couple seasons were amazing but it started to decline a little to me when Nicky grew up and Lisa came(My least favorite but there were still great episodes at that time like the one when will takes a bullet for Carlton i didn't really care for much of the last episodes because Carlton became super silly and the plots were weak like I stank horse episode(Which shows that the show was on too . But i feel the first seasons greatness makes up for the rest.
  • Silly

This family has a lot of up and downs, a lot of comedy between Will and Carl, and takes you through a rollercoaster of events. From bad parenting to good parenting, to family setbacks, to independent growth, this is one show you have GOT to see and grow up with!
  • Perfection has never been so funny.

This show is absolutely perfect; Will Smith is an amazing actor, especially for his part in this show. I remember when I first watched him play Fr Elise by Beethoven on the piano at the end of the 1st episode and Uncle Phil's look when he heard and saw him do it. I remember when Carlton accidentally took the drugs in Will's locker; the look of pure anguish and sorry after the realization of what he had done to Carlton; and what could of had happened to him. When his father reentered his life, the joy he experienced wasn't acting, it was pure emotion. When he left, I cried for the first time during any motion picture or TV series, he was perfect. I remember it ending, I wanted more of it. The perfect ending to a perfect TV series. There will never be another like the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
  • We need comedies like Fresh Prince on today!

I'd have to say that I think Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was the best show to run in the nineties. I mean even the theme song was great! It was easily the most hilarious show around. I can't even begin to describe how funny it was. It had a unique style of humor, which is probably what made is so well done. Will Smith did a great job at his character, which was obviously based off his real-life self. Sometimes, though, he did such a fantastic performance that it made you forget that he was even acting. I love every character on this show, with the exception of the second Vivian, and Niki who I personally thought was a pointless add-on to the show. There were only a couple of episodes that I didn't like, but there were none that I really hated. Other than that, pretty much every episode was great with a lot of funny jokes. I wish we had shows like Fresh Prince running today. People just don't make stuff like they used to.
  • Will Smith stars in this hilarious sitcom

I love this show and I think that it is one of the most hilarious sitcoms that I have ever seen. Will Smith is so hilarious in this sitcom. Everyone in this sitcom is actually hilarious which I love so I can't say that I have favorite characters because they all make me laugh except maybe for Vivian but she is a good character... not the funniest character but a good character. Uncle Phil (James Avery), Carlton (Alfonso Ribeiro), Hilary (Karyn Parsons), Ashley (Tatyanna Ali), and Geoffrey (Joseph Marcell). I love most of the storylines in this sitcom. Some of the episodes aren't that great but most of the episodes just make me laugh so hard. I have seen every single episode of this sitcom and enjoyed ALMOST all of them. I love to watch this show every morning before I get ready to go to school or watch it at nighttime. If you haven't seen this show yet... you must watch this show, it is so hilarious with a bunch of hilarious characters. I wished this show lasted more than six seasons but six season was good enough to make me laugh hard. Overall, a hilarious sitcom starring Will Smith and the rest of the cast. 10/10
  • A series which involves Will Smith at his best! For a hilarious show that makes you laugh, check this show out, cause you'll laugh right away.

This is one series which prooves the nineties had the best and funniest kinds of shows, and Fresh Prince is absolutely no exception. This series stars Will Smith with his greatest preformance and acting. He does the best job freaking out, his screams is hilarious, and he can act out any emotion, sometimes it can make you forget that he's even acting. This show is hilarious, and I know that my cheeks are usually hurting after I watch an episode because I was laughing so much. The characters are awesome, the plots are full of action, comedy, and suspense, and it'll leave you wishing for more episodes. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is one of the best shows I have ever seen and I really wish it was still running today.
  • Perfect

This show is easily one of the funniest, most creative, most well-written shows I have seen. It is a shame that it ended a while back, and it is a shame that seasons 5 and 6 are not on DVD. Will is really hilarious in this show. In fact, this show, every character is unique and funny, every character in this show has made me laugh at one time or another. And then of course all the sad episodes they did over the course of the seasons. My overall grade would be A, some episodes weren't good but many were
  • Oh how I wish we'd have sitcoms like Fresh Prince of Bel Air on today!

Fresh Prince of Bel Air was one of the best shows I have seen from the nineties. It was so hilarious and the acting was very well done. First of all, it had one of the best theme songs ever! They included some pretty great special effects in the series too, that almost all of the others shows from this time almost never did. This show has me rolling on the floor cuz I'm laughing so much. I also liked how a lot of the plots for this show were original and very creative. And if one idea wasn't original, the way the writers would make it made it look as though it was. I never get tired of this series; no matter how many times I watch it, it always makes me laugh and I always want another one. In my opinion, Will Smith is probably the best live actor I have ever seen. My final grade for Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a 100/100.
  • This is the best sitcom of the '90s and my personal favorite. It's just the show that you can watch over and over again. Truly terrific show. And you can see how Will Smith got his start in Acting.

Of all the shows, I believe that "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is the one with which I can most identify with, since I have surely seen every single episode at least a dozen times - and yet it STILL never gets tired! I cannot get sick of this show, and it's making me a bit disturbed! Just what is it that makes this show so continually appealing, even around seven years since its final episode? I'm not sure...it's certainly not just one element. Every part of this show is magic: the wonderful acting from all involved; the witty (and often painfully hysterical) one-liners and banter between characters; the hip, cool atmosphere; the music...it all perfectly fits into what has to be one of the most remarkable and well-made sitcoms of the '90s.

I find myself shocked sometimes at the number of people who have totally forgotten about this show. Granted, it DID end in 1996, and obviously a lot has happened since then (most notably the skyrocketing music & film career of a certain lead star), but I mean, come on! This show is an undisputed classic! Who can forget the wild, crazy, and just plain amusing adventures we've had with Will Smith and the Banks family?

There were times when I was just addicted to this show, I remember...it was a while back when the episodes were running in syndication every evening on TBS SuperStation...I can't believe how this show can always manage to crack me up. It's incredible. I've grown to love all these characters so much, and even now, I still wouldn't pass up an opportunity to watch yet another priceless rerun.

I agree, though, that yes, a lot of the late, LATE episodes (around the second-last and final season) had their fair share of groans, and showed some glaring signs of tedium, but thankfully, the overwhelming positive qualities of the series tower over such minor flaws - including the mysterious re-casting of Aunt Vivian's role from Janet Hubert-Whitten to Daphne Maxwell Reid; the increasingly old-hat shtick of using the same stock footage whenever Jazz gets thrown out of the Banks residence for the umpteenth time; the cursed addition of a new cast member - little Nicky Banks (Ross Bagley), etc....

It's not an entirely perfect show, certainly (but then - what show is?), and it has had its fair share of ups and downs in its moderately impressive run of six years. However, when all is said and done, in the end, this show can proudly stand on its own as a pop culture treasure. It has evolved from what seemed initially to be an awkward, cheesy, quaint little '80s/'90s Cosby rip-off to a mature, slick, and fabulously written/produced/directed program. Pure gold is what this show is.

A truly underrated, and always entertaining, gem. "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is one for the ages.
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was instant classic right from the start. This happens to be my all time favorite TV show.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is definitely the funniest and most entertaining television series from the 90's. The show was and still is so full that my stomach has hurt from laughing so hard. Not only does Will Smith make the show funny, but with all the other randomness, and sarcasm, Alfonso Ribeiro really makes all us Fresh Prince fans crack up! This is an absolutely, positively great, and hilarious show. It needs to be on TV more often. Fresh Prince is a classic!! And don't forget about the Carlton dance! Watching him do that is the funniest thing ever!
  • This show is da bomb!

This is definitely one of the best sitcoms ever made, Perhaps also one of the best tv shows ever made period! Will Smith is so funny! Uncle Phil I think is cool and funny too! Nick at Nite certainly rules for having comedy gemstones such as this! All the more reason to watch Nick at Nite. Well, this show is truly amazing and if you watch some episodes, you shan't be disappointed! Everything about this show to me looks rock solid perfect. The whole concept is well done. Now for the descriptions of the show's famous characters. I like the butler in their big house (probably a mansion? The family is rich after all.) So yeah the butler is cool and he can be funny sometimes too! Some episodes are wicked funny! I laughed so hard one time watching a particular episode! I don't know the name but I remember the part when Will and one of his buddies were trying to persuade Uncle Phil to get something, and they were dressed up Jamaican style with the wigs and all! Man that whole scene was hilarious! This show is truly great and it always will be another one of my superb sitcom favorites. This show I would say is great enough for the whole family to enjoy! There's a lot of good shows out there where a whole family can enjoy it and this is definitely one of them! This show is absolutely fabulous! I also lik Carlton, he's cool too! This show's characters are the greatest. Man, this show is priceless. There's many more I can say about this show but that could take a long time, so I will just say that this show has a lot of great episodes, and I always enjoy watching its superb reruns!
  • Will Smith rules!

This show is just funny! I saw one of the episodes and I absolutely loved it! Will Smith is my favorite character. He is sooooo funny! It's about Will Smith living in Bel-Air, California with his relatives; Uncle Phil, Aunt Vivian, his cousins Carlton, Hilary, and Ashley, and the butler Geoffrey whom Will calls him "G". I own Season 3 on DVD, and my favorite episodes had to be "The Cold War". I'm planning to buy the rest of the DVDs. Thank goodness the reruns are still on! Like I said, this show is funny! Please watch if you're a Will Smith fan like me!
  • Amazingly hilarious!

Every single time I watch any episodes of this show, they always make me laugh endlessly without any doubt. I am really sure that everyone who has ever watched it concurs with me. It also cheers me up when I am down. The comedy is extraordinary with Will Smith, Carl and the rest of the amazing cast. I can never get tired of it for sure. I never will just like many other people. It is one of the best shows ever! I would recommend it to anyone, anytime. I also recommend that if you are reading this, to turn on your tv and watch The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air now! (^_^)
    ~XD~
  • This show is the reason why you should watch TV!

This show proves how great the 1990's were for having so many golden sitcoms, and this is definitely one of them. You got an introductory with a classic song that became famous and has been used many times for different words/themes in the future, "Now this is a story of how my life flipped upside-down" is the beginning and just shows how awesome this sitcom has been made. I actually laughed quite a bit watching some episodes of this show, this show is exciting to watch and is highly recommended to cheer up viewers when they're down. The comedy is so good, and the characters are so awesome and funny, that this is a sitcom that certainly will never get old. So many amazing episodes for audiences to gaze upon its superior plots, settings, and themes, and also be prepared to laugh because this has some of the best humor you could think of, because it is so well thought out and organized, that way it can be set at the right moments for comedy to make a hit! this show at least managed to last for 5 years too! Behold everybody, one of the best sitcoms ever made! What are you waiting for? Flip the channel to Nick at Nite to catch some awesome episodes for this spectacular sitcom TV show! What is also included in this show is golden key moments where parts can get you hyped up! This show is canceled but the good news is reruns are still available to see so you can have a good time! If you actually don't like this show then have a doctor examine your brain to see if he can fix it so you can like this show, because you don't know what you're missing in this great show! Fresh Prince must live on!
  • Really a great show and Will Smith is hilarious!

This is really a great show and that it put Will Smith on the map as an actor. After being a successful rap artist with DJ Jazy Jeff. As he is, really playing himself in this show. About him being poor and gets into really big trouble up on Philly. And moves in with his upper-class relatives, his aunt, uncle-lawyer soon to be judge, and three cousins. While they try to teach him to work on his own to earn a dollar. He teaches them small but very important lessons into trying to be yourself. But not get in trouble. Really funny show that should had lasted a long while. But six years is enough.
  • This Show is Awesome plus Hilarious!

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air may have been made a long time ago, but it is still a very popular and entertaining to Show to watch! They stopped making new Episodes in 1996, but its still very nice to see it and watch great and hilarious Reruns! I'm glad Nick at Nite still Shows it because it has got a good Storyline and a Special Family Essence to it that just makes you want to see it again! This Show is also probably one of the most funniest Shows ever made! It was great while it lasted when this Show was still running with new Episodes! It's good to see them on Nick at Nite and other Channels it may be on, Will and Carlton are so funny! This Show is definitely a true Masterpiece Created! Well, I guess that's about it, but I'm hoping Fresh Prince can live on for more time to come! Hard to find and make a Show as good and Funny as this! Well, have a very good day everybody!
  • This show was by far the funniest comedy of its time.

This show was by far the funniest comedy of its time. I don't know one person who doesn't think this show is not funny. Will smith is so funny I have laughed out loud countless times when this show is on and it takes a lot for me to laugh out loud. They were all very good actors, however I liked Vivian #1 a lot better. I think she fit the role better and was a better actress with a stronger personality. I love this show and I hope Nick at Night airs it for a long time to come! If you haven't seen this show - check it out!
  • Will Smith is hilarious

this show is a classic it has the perfect family (The Stricked dad-Uncle Phil The Soft Auntie-Nora (i think thats her name) the nerdy son-carlton the crazy overdressed saughter-Forget name the liitle angle-nikki the sweet daughter-ashley) the show needs to be brought back lately will smiths movies have been pretty good to the box office and the critics but to my family there pretty suckish love this show but we need you back will, and fast before your movies get to suckish for my family to enjoy the world loves them just work harder and bring it back like we usually say
  • Funniest show around.

I own 4 seasons and never get tired of watching. Great show!One of my favourite episodes is where they visit the mall and Carlton and Will are trying to see who can pick up a girl to bring as a date to their Halloween party. Priceless episode. It's funny to see all the guest stars that have appeared on the show over the years and to see how young they all look. Just watched one the other night where Donald Trump had guest starred and his hair sure looked a lot better than. lol
    Does anyone know when season 5 and 6 are coming out to buy?
  • A guaranteed winner

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air rocks, it's a very very funny comedy show, but Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air became a great comedy show thanks to it's supporters and people are very grateful for the actors and actresses for putting on the best comedy show ever, I loved this show because of the very hilarious sense of humor of the characters, the suprising guests, and the topic of every episode, like Will plays the charcater of Will the ghetto homeboy from "Philly", which makes a good combination with Carlton who was played by Alfonso, when those two are together i'm laughing my head off, i wish they had another show together with all of the other crew.
  • One of the best sitcoms of all time.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is possibly one of the funniest sitcoms, IMO. It centers around Will Smith, a fish-out-of-water in a rich scenario. Carlton, Will, and Uncle Phil are the funniest characters on the show. It won a few awards for best sitcom. The acting is very well done, and the humor is spontanous and random. Although it's a comedy show, it still showed some important lessons, such as racism, single parenthood, pre-marital sex, and teenage preganancy. This show had all the things shows need nowadays, unlike some of the lousy shows that air in this decade. Fresh Prince forever!
  • The Fresh Price of Bel-Air

The Fresh Price of Bel-Air is about :

a wealthy family living in Bel-Air, California, receives a dubious gift from their poorer relations in Philadelphia when Grammy Award-winner Will Smith arrives as The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. His mother wants him to learn some good old-fashioned values from his successful relatives. But Will shatters the sophisticated serenity of Bel-Air with his streetwise common sense, much to the dismay of his upper-crust uncle, Philip Banks (James Avery), Aunt Vivian (Janet Hubert-Whitten and Daphne Maxwell Reid) and three conceited cousins, Carlton (Alfonso Ribeiro), Hilary (Karyn Parsons) and Ashley (Tatyana Ali) - and even the butler, Geoffrey (Joseph Marcell). As the Banks family opens their home - and their checkbook - to their needy relative, Will adapts easily to their indulgent lifestyle. Yet, he reminds everyone that the simplest pleasures of family life can't be bought at any price.

The Fresh Price of Bel-Air is a great comedy movie.
  • Best show ever!

This is the best show that the world has ever come to know. It is by far the thing I would prefer to watch over anything else. What, with Will Smith on the cast, you pretty much knew this would be a great show. Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince pair up in this awe-inspiring show as best friends, Josheph Marcell plays a sarcastic butler(my personal favorite of the whole show) and other great cast make this want to repeat myself over and over how great it is. It was dang too bad how they cancelled the show, with everyone leaving, but still spectatcular with the fact that is reached 6 seasons. To sum this baby up, I would just like to say that this is the best show of all time, and if I ever do find a better show, I'll make sure to write a blog about it.
  • Really Good!

"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is a live action sitcom about a stariahgt out of the hood teen kid names Will Smith who is played by Will Smith who moves from Phillydelphia to Los Angles california to live with his Aunt and Uncle. The only thing diffrent about this show is... their rich! the show is all about Will learning to adjust to the rich life style without over induljing it. Its a comedy. I find it really funny. I own every season and episodes on my ipod. It rules! It should have gone for longer! I miss it! f f
    the fresh prine of bel-air is funny. the person that is the funnest on the show is will smith. will smith brings out the show for what it really is. i love will smith so much. his movies are great like bad boys,bad boys 2,ememy of the state,hitched,and much more. will smith is the coolest and the badest. i love this show ashley,will,lisa,and the maid and the rest of them. this show is funnyyyyyyyy and i love you will smith always have and always will cause kids all over the world are watchin this show and you expirer most people and your doin your thang and i anit mad at ya. will thats all for today love ya.
  • A teen is sent to live with his extended family after getting in trouble.

This is probably one of my favorite shows of all time. It stars Will Smith as a teen who lives with his mom in Philly but when he gets into trouble, she send him to live with her sister and the family in Bel Air. When he arrives there, the family is turn upside. I think that this is a good show because it teaches people that money will probably not solve everything and that sometimes you have to use your street smarts to get out of situations. Also it shows the importance of a family even if its your extended family.
  • Just another one of the funniest series I have ever seen that was killed yet again two early. :(

• funniest show eva

i watch this on the N and on mick at night every night and every time it would always make me laugh. I have at least 20 favorite moments 4rm the show . One of my favorite was when Will, Uncle Phil, and Carlton were stuck in te cave and carlton was sitting there saying "they jst keep picking at him, and picking at him........stupid rabbit tricks r 4 kids..." it would always make me laugh. Then there was another one when Hillary and Will apologized ro Uncle Phil and then after tht Will started singing tht Jennifer Hudson song. Ill tell u this: the more u watch it the more you'll love it
  • I *luv* this show! Its hilarious!

I *luv* this show! And will smith is soo soo soo funny. This show is like my 2nd favorite show, even though it ended a long time ago.I wish it never ended. . . but it did.I love when carlton does 'his own special dance'.Its so funny when he does that dance! ! ! !The fresh prince has got 2 be the funniest shown on nick @ nite.Then george lopez. . .but thats not the point.So yeah , all in all I think this show is -R E A L L Y- good! I'm Watching it right now! ! : )
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10