The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

NBC (ended 1996)

Tubelubber

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Fan Reviews (357)

• A sitcom that was the funniest thing on TV in the 90s.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was the most funniest sitcom I have ever seen. Although I didn't start watching it until 2003 I found that it was hilarious nearly ten years on. Will Smith was the ideal character and it reflects his life in Philly. Every episode makes me laugh.
  • Funny, Hillarious, and the best show on Nick@Nite!

I swear, Fresh Prince has got to be one of the funniest shows on Tv. I mean...its hillarious. I watch it every night on Nick@Nite at 10pm, and im not going to stop. I's, seen most if not all of the episodes, excluding a few from Season 6 casue I was sick when they were showing it. Well, anyways, its funny as **** and makes me laugh. Will Smith put it all together though. Without him, the show wouldnt have survived. He just kept gettin funnier and funnier. I also like how he want all "Gangsta" or "Thuggish" in the show, casuse no all blacks are like that, even though they are portraited to be. I hope that they come out with a DVD of each season so I can go buy them
  • A series which involves Will Smith at his best! For a hilarious show that makes you laugh, check this show out, cause you'll laugh right away.

This is one series which prooves the nineties had the best and funniest kinds of shows, and Fresh Prince is absolutely no exception. This series stars Will Smith with his greatest preformance and acting. He does the best job freaking out, his screams is hilarious, and he can act out any emotion, sometimes it can make you forget that he's even acting. This show is hilarious, and I know that my cheeks are usually hurting after I watch an episode because I was laughing so much. The characters are awesome, the plots are full of action, comedy, and suspense, and it'll leave you wishing for more episodes. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is one of the best shows I have ever seen and I really wish it was still running today.
  • Will Smith rules!

This show is just funny! I saw one of the episodes and I absolutely loved it! Will Smith is my favorite character. He is sooooo funny! It's about Will Smith living in Bel-Air, California with his relatives; Uncle Phil, Aunt Vivian, his cousins Carlton, Hilary, and Ashley, and the butler Geoffrey whom Will calls him "G". I own Season 3 on DVD, and my favorite episodes had to be "The Cold War". I'm planning to buy the rest of the DVDs. Thank goodness the reruns are still on! Like I said, this show is funny! Please watch if you're a Will Smith fan like me!
  • This is a show that everybody watches and laughs as the Will Smith leads the thick comerdy trail through every episode of this show! Every person pulls up their unique character and gives there own golden touch of comedy in this awesome TV SHOW!

When I see this show! I am laughing like a crazy maniac. If someone sees me they\'ll think I\'m a bit on the crazy side. I laugh till the throat chokes and the couch is moving as if it were upon a mechanical bull as I jump up and down yellin\' one thing- \"This is gold man! GOLD! Oh my god! It\'s gold!\" Truly, it\'s one of the funniest shows America has screened on their tv\'s.
  • We need comedies like Fresh Prince on today!

I'd have to say that I think Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was the best show to run in the nineties. I mean even the theme song was great! It was easily the most hilarious show around. I can't even begin to describe how funny it was. It had a unique style of humor, which is probably what made is so well done. Will Smith did a great job at his character, which was obviously based off his real-life self. Sometimes, though, he did such a fantastic performance that it made you forget that he was even acting. I love every character on this show, with the exception of the second Vivian, and Niki who I personally thought was a pointless add-on to the show. There were only a couple of episodes that I didn't like, but there were none that I really hated. Other than that, pretty much every episode was great with a lot of funny jokes. I wish we had shows like Fresh Prince running today. People just don't make stuff like they used to.
  • This is the best sitcom of the '90s and my personal favorite. It's just the show that you can watch over and over again. Truly terrific show. And you can see how Will Smith got his start in Acting.

Of all the shows, I believe that "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is the one with which I can most identify with, since I have surely seen every single episode at least a dozen times - and yet it STILL never gets tired! I cannot get sick of this show, and it's making me a bit disturbed! Just what is it that makes this show so continually appealing, even around seven years since its final episode? I'm not sure...it's certainly not just one element. Every part of this show is magic: the wonderful acting from all involved; the witty (and often painfully hysterical) one-liners and banter between characters; the hip, cool atmosphere; the music...it all perfectly fits into what has to be one of the most remarkable and well-made sitcoms of the '90s.

I find myself shocked sometimes at the number of people who have totally forgotten about this show. Granted, it DID end in 1996, and obviously a lot has happened since then (most notably the skyrocketing music & film career of a certain lead star), but I mean, come on! This show is an undisputed classic! Who can forget the wild, crazy, and just plain amusing adventures we've had with Will Smith and the Banks family?

There were times when I was just addicted to this show, I remember...it was a while back when the episodes were running in syndication every evening on TBS SuperStation...I can't believe how this show can always manage to crack me up. It's incredible. I've grown to love all these characters so much, and even now, I still wouldn't pass up an opportunity to watch yet another priceless rerun.

I agree, though, that yes, a lot of the late, LATE episodes (around the second-last and final season) had their fair share of groans, and showed some glaring signs of tedium, but thankfully, the overwhelming positive qualities of the series tower over such minor flaws - including the mysterious re-casting of Aunt Vivian's role from Janet Hubert-Whitten to Daphne Maxwell Reid; the increasingly old-hat shtick of using the same stock footage whenever Jazz gets thrown out of the Banks residence for the umpteenth time; the cursed addition of a new cast member - little Nicky Banks (Ross Bagley), etc....

It's not an entirely perfect show, certainly (but then - what show is?), and it has had its fair share of ups and downs in its moderately impressive run of six years. However, when all is said and done, in the end, this show can proudly stand on its own as a pop culture treasure. It has evolved from what seemed initially to be an awkward, cheesy, quaint little '80s/'90s Cosby rip-off to a mature, slick, and fabulously written/produced/directed program. Pure gold is what this show is.

A truly underrated, and always entertaining, gem. "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is one for the ages.
  • This show is the reason why you should watch TV!

This show proves how great the 1990's were for having so many golden sitcoms, and this is definitely one of them. You got an introductory with a classic song that became famous and has been used many times for different words/themes in the future, "Now this is a story of how my life flipped upside-down" is the beginning and just shows how awesome this sitcom has been made. I actually laughed quite a bit watching some episodes of this show, this show is exciting to watch and is highly recommended to cheer up viewers when they're down. The comedy is so good, and the characters are so awesome and funny, that this is a sitcom that certainly will never get old. So many amazing episodes for audiences to gaze upon its superior plots, settings, and themes, and also be prepared to laugh because this has some of the best humor you could think of, because it is so well thought out and organized, that way it can be set at the right moments for comedy to make a hit! this show at least managed to last for 5 years too! Behold everybody, one of the best sitcoms ever made! What are you waiting for? Flip the channel to Nick at Nite to catch some awesome episodes for this spectacular sitcom TV show! What is also included in this show is golden key moments where parts can get you hyped up! This show is canceled but the good news is reruns are still available to see so you can have a good time! If you actually don't like this show then have a doctor examine your brain to see if he can fix it so you can like this show, because you don't know what you're missing in this great show! Fresh Prince must live on!
  • Absolutely funny!

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a positivly funny show. It is about The Fresh Prince, Will Smith, being forced by his mom to move to Bel Air where he will live with his aunt and uncle. The whole show is filled with jokes, mostly fat and short jokes about his cousin and uncle. Overall I think anyone can get hooked on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
  • This is what the 90s was all about!

This show defined my childhood. This was it for me. The Cosby's were cool but a little too honkey dorey for me. The Fresh Prince was sassy, fun free and interesting and Will and his family were just a little more raw than the Cosby's but they never lost the family aspect of the show in all of that.

The show was about Will coming from a poor neighborhood to live with his rich relatives and the kind of havoc he reeked. And o did he reek it but it was all so very much fun to watch. You truly are not a product of the 90s if you haven't seen one episode of this show. It was great and I always watch the re run. The only downfall was that AWFUL replacement as Aunt Vivian in Season 4. I mean, I never accepted her. She didn't have enough sass to be Aunt Vivian.

But in any event this is a must watch anyway.
  • Will Smith's finest role as he portrays one of the best sitcom characters to ever grace our televisions.

"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" stars Will Smith as Will (ha!), who gets seent by his parents to his uncle and his wealthy family. But Will is totally different from his cousins and their parents. He's a breakdancing soul from the suburbs while his relatives are sophisticated, sometimes spoiled, people whose manners escalade high above Will's. Will does not try to blend in, however. He just does his thing, which led to the hatred boiling within Phillip Banks, Will's uncle.

Every episode is a laugh-a-minute masterpiece, from beginning to end. I remember I avoided this show when I was very little. But I was half-witted at the time, and I have came to my senses when I was ten and began watching the "Fresh Prince" with my brother, Kevin. From that point on, it was my favorite sitcom to date.

Nick @ Nite better air reruns of this show until I die, because without "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", I wouldn't be watching one of the best roles ever played on television - Will Smith's. Will is a fine actor with talents beyond that of an ordinary actor's. But why am I talking about Will here? This is a show review, so I'll stay with the topic.

"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" will give you laughs and jokes to tell your friends. It was the best six years of television, and with Nick @ Nite showing reruns, this is an opportunity (that won't last short) for you to watch it and adapt to it.

Characters:

Ashley Banks - Ashley isn't the best character out of this show, but she has been given episodes about her that I found quite entertaining.

Phillip Banks - One of my favorite characters, James Avery definitely fits the role of Phillip Banks, with his temper and hilarious yet moral arguments with Will. He gave great contributions to this show.

Will - Will Smith is the star of this show, with his hilarious remarks about Carl and his height and other things that you would even want to see made fun of.

Jazz - Will's best home-boy, Jazz is a slow character whose personality is much like Chelsea from "That's So Raven". Even though I find him to be quite disturbing, with his portayal of romance on Hilary Banks, he's a great character and he even has a fanbase!

Hilary Banks - A spoiled daughter of Phillip Banks. She has her own talk show. I don't like Hilary Banks, but I certainly do not hate her. Her overall stupidity can be quite laughable and entertainful to the viewers.

Carlton Banks - A very special son of Phil Banks who gets made fun of by Will for his height and nerdness. He's a funny guy when he's dancing and all, but other than that, he's average and gives the show some strokes here and there.

Vivian Banks - Wonderful character, even though she never speaks a word in the show.

"The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" airs Weekdays on Nick @ Nite at 10:00 PM.
  • One of the last great sitcoms of my time!

Remember when they had good sitcoms that you made you laugh and maybe learn something. Yea me neither. If you haven't seen the show it stars Will Smith, you know who he is? He's a big Hollywood actor now but this is where he got his start. He moves from west Philadelphia to Bel Air to live with Aunt and Uncle and their family and i have to say it was one of my favorite show growing up as a kid. I mean i loved this show watched it every day. It ran for 6 years and was funny from beginning to end. If you ever catch it on TV i highly recommend.
  • Silly

This family has a lot of up and downs, a lot of comedy between Will and Carl, and takes you through a rollercoaster of events. From bad parenting to good parenting, to family setbacks, to independent growth, this is one show you have GOT to see and grow up with!
  • Perfection has never been so funny.

This show is absolutely perfect; Will Smith is an amazing actor, especially for his part in this show. I remember when I first watched him play Fr Elise by Beethoven on the piano at the end of the 1st episode and Uncle Phil's look when he heard and saw him do it. I remember when Carlton accidentally took the drugs in Will's locker; the look of pure anguish and sorry after the realization of what he had done to Carlton; and what could of had happened to him. When his father reentered his life, the joy he experienced wasn't acting, it was pure emotion. When he left, I cried for the first time during any motion picture or TV series, he was perfect. I remember it ending, I wanted more of it. The perfect ending to a perfect TV series. There will never be another like the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was instant classic right from the start. This happens to be my all time favorite TV show.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is definitely the funniest and most entertaining television series from the 90's. The show was and still is so full that my stomach has hurt from laughing so hard. Not only does Will Smith make the show funny, but with all the other randomness, and sarcasm, Alfonso Ribeiro really makes all us Fresh Prince fans crack up! This is an absolutely, positively great, and hilarious show. It needs to be on TV more often. Fresh Prince is a classic!! And don't forget about the Carlton dance! Watching him do that is the funniest thing ever!
  • This show is da bomb!

This is definitely one of the best sitcoms ever made, Perhaps also one of the best tv shows ever made period! Will Smith is so funny! Uncle Phil I think is cool and funny too! Nick at Nite certainly rules for having comedy gemstones such as this! All the more reason to watch Nick at Nite. Well, this show is truly amazing and if you watch some episodes, you shan't be disappointed! Everything about this show to me looks rock solid perfect. The whole concept is well done. Now for the descriptions of the show's famous characters. I like the butler in their big house (probably a mansion? The family is rich after all.) So yeah the butler is cool and he can be funny sometimes too! Some episodes are wicked funny! I laughed so hard one time watching a particular episode! I don't know the name but I remember the part when Will and one of his buddies were trying to persuade Uncle Phil to get something, and they were dressed up Jamaican style with the wigs and all! Man that whole scene was hilarious! This show is truly great and it always will be another one of my superb sitcom favorites. This show I would say is great enough for the whole family to enjoy! There's a lot of good shows out there where a whole family can enjoy it and this is definitely one of them! This show is absolutely fabulous! I also lik Carlton, he's cool too! This show's characters are the greatest. Man, this show is priceless. There's many more I can say about this show but that could take a long time, so I will just say that this show has a lot of great episodes, and I always enjoy watching its superb reruns!
  • Amazingly hilarious!

Every single time I watch any episodes of this show, they always make me laugh endlessly without any doubt. I am really sure that everyone who has ever watched it concurs with me. It also cheers me up when I am down. The comedy is extraordinary with Will Smith, Carl and the rest of the amazing cast. I can never get tired of it for sure. I never will just like many other people. It is one of the best shows ever! I would recommend it to anyone, anytime. I also recommend that if you are reading this, to turn on your tv and watch The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air now! (^_^)
    ~XD~
  • Really a great show and Will Smith is hilarious!

This is really a great show and that it put Will Smith on the map as an actor. After being a successful rap artist with DJ Jazy Jeff. As he is, really playing himself in this show. About him being poor and gets into really big trouble up on Philly. And moves in with his upper-class relatives, his aunt, uncle-lawyer soon to be judge, and three cousins. While they try to teach him to work on his own to earn a dollar. He teaches them small but very important lessons into trying to be yourself. But not get in trouble. Really funny show that should had lasted a long while. But six years is enough.
  • A young troublemaking boy from Philly moves in with his relatives in Bel-Air. The show focuses around the trouble Will causes and his effect on everyone around him.

An ingenius tale of love and life. Will parades around cracking fat jokes to his uncle/provider and short jokes to his cousin/best friend and so much more. He keeps you laughing and entertained, from his pick-up lines to his crazed attempts to pull off a plan. The acting is definitely well done and all the characters are interesting in their own way. There is Geoffrey, their maniac butler who is always spitting out one sarcastic line after another. Then there is Ashley, who we see grow from an innocent little girl to a beautiful young woman, who Will feels he has a 'brotherly' duty to protect. And his many aunts, who appear from time to time, screaming 'diva!' and keep you laughing. And there is always Uncle Phill, who takes Will under his wing, and helps him grow, and while taking all Will's fat jokes, somehow learns to love him. Along with the many other memorable characters like Carlton, Jazz, Hilary, and the thousands of girls we've seen Will with, Fresh Prince is absolutely fabulous.
  • If I had to tell you about it in 177 words....

This show is a story all about how his life got flip-turned upside down. Now let me take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how he became the prince of a town called Ball Air.

In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground was where he spent most of his days
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
    And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys
    Who were up to no good
    Startin making trouble in his neighborhood
    He got in one little fight and His mom got scared
    She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

He whistled for a cab and when it came near
    The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
    If anything He can say that cab was rare
    But He thought 'Naww forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'

He pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
    And he yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
    He looked at my kingdom
    He was finally there
    To sit on his throne as the Prince of Bel Air
  • One of the best shows ever.

The only thing I didn't like about the show as everyone grew older was Ashley. They try to have her act like a little wh*re or some sort of diva instead of the sweet little Ashley we saw on the first episode. Sure kids grow up and mature, but they shouldn't mature in that way. They had the stupid "boyfriend-girlfriend plot" at times, but they made it funny.
  • The show is about a 19 year old who plays a 17 year old on the show.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was one of the best television shows I have ever seen. The African American show was hilarious and riveting good. The cast did an excellent job and deserves to win many awards. The show featured tons of famous people such as Sherman Hemsley. Will Smith played a 17 year old and grew older throughout the series. Every season the show got better and became more exciting. This show won nine awards and was nominated to thirteen awards. The character Jazz, was played by DJ Jazzy Jeff A.K.A Jeffrey A. Townes. Will Smith and Jeffrey A. Townes are friends in real life and make songs together. Everyone thinks that Jeffrey and Will Smith made the song in the opening credits, but it was actually made by Quincy Jones III.
  • It's a classic

The show revolves around Will Smith, who comes from the streets of Philadelphia, and comes to live with his rich Uncle and Aunt to make his life better. His Cousin Carlton who he constantly makes fun of height and not really being black, becomes his best friend in the show, his Uncle Phil who he makes fun of his weight, but becomes a great mentor for Will through out the series, his Aunt Vivian another mentor to help mold Wills future, Ashley who he helps from being as up tight as her siblings, and Hilary who works as the shows super snob, and Jeffery the Butler who knocks Will down a peg or two almost every episode. It's a great family show and you should give it a look.
  • Will Smith as Will Smith

Will Smith plays Will Smith, a kid who grew up in a ghetto learning street knowledge. One day, he accidentally throws the ball to a bunch of guys and he gets into a fight with them. His mom, worried sends him to live with his aunt and uncle in the comunity of Bel-Air.

This show is great. Will Smith is one of the best actors, and this show shows him when he was young in his first role. This show is so funny and great, the episodes are awesome and so funny. This show is so funny, showing that 90s were amazing. This show, along with Friends, kenan and Kel and Everybody Loves Raymond are the 90s best.
  • Favorite.

This is still my favorite sitcom to watch and i try to catch it when ever i can. The first couple seasons were amazing but it started to decline a little to me when Nicky grew up and Lisa came(My least favorite but there were still great episodes at that time like the one when will takes a bullet for Carlton i didn't really care for much of the last episodes because Carlton became super silly and the plots were weak like I stank horse episode(Which shows that the show was on too . But i feel the first seasons greatness makes up for the rest.
  • Will Smith stars in this hilarious sitcom

I love this show and I think that it is one of the most hilarious sitcoms that I have ever seen. Will Smith is so hilarious in this sitcom. Everyone in this sitcom is actually hilarious which I love so I can't say that I have favorite characters because they all make me laugh except maybe for Vivian but she is a good character... not the funniest character but a good character. Uncle Phil (James Avery), Carlton (Alfonso Ribeiro), Hilary (Karyn Parsons), Ashley (Tatyanna Ali), and Geoffrey (Joseph Marcell). I love most of the storylines in this sitcom. Some of the episodes aren't that great but most of the episodes just make me laugh so hard. I have seen every single episode of this sitcom and enjoyed ALMOST all of them. I love to watch this show every morning before I get ready to go to school or watch it at nighttime. If you haven't seen this show yet... you must watch this show, it is so hilarious with a bunch of hilarious characters. I wished this show lasted more than six seasons but six season was good enough to make me laugh hard. Overall, a hilarious sitcom starring Will Smith and the rest of the cast. 10/10
  • Perfect

This show is easily one of the funniest, most creative, most well-written shows I have seen. It is a shame that it ended a while back, and it is a shame that seasons 5 and 6 are not on DVD. Will is really hilarious in this show. In fact, this show, every character is unique and funny, every character in this show has made me laugh at one time or another. And then of course all the sad episodes they did over the course of the seasons. My overall grade would be A, some episodes weren't good but many were
  • Oh how I wish we'd have sitcoms like Fresh Prince of Bel Air on today!

Fresh Prince of Bel Air was one of the best shows I have seen from the nineties. It was so hilarious and the acting was very well done. First of all, it had one of the best theme songs ever! They included some pretty great special effects in the series too, that almost all of the others shows from this time almost never did. This show has me rolling on the floor cuz I'm laughing so much. I also liked how a lot of the plots for this show were original and very creative. And if one idea wasn't original, the way the writers would make it made it look as though it was. I never get tired of this series; no matter how many times I watch it, it always makes me laugh and I always want another one. In my opinion, Will Smith is probably the best live actor I have ever seen. My final grade for Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a 100/100.
  • This Show is Awesome plus Hilarious!

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air may have been made a long time ago, but it is still a very popular and entertaining to Show to watch! They stopped making new Episodes in 1996, but its still very nice to see it and watch great and hilarious Reruns! I'm glad Nick at Nite still Shows it because it has got a good Storyline and a Special Family Essence to it that just makes you want to see it again! This Show is also probably one of the most funniest Shows ever made! It was great while it lasted when this Show was still running with new Episodes! It's good to see them on Nick at Nite and other Channels it may be on, Will and Carlton are so funny! This Show is definitely a true Masterpiece Created! Well, I guess that's about it, but I'm hoping Fresh Prince can live on for more time to come! Hard to find and make a Show as good and Funny as this! Well, have a very good day everybody!
  • Some of the funniest entertainment around.

This is how it all started, how Will Smith got his big break. It all happened through this TV show. And I can't blaim those bigshot Hollywood producers for putting him on the movie screen, he's one of the coolest actors around. The TV had a great way of catching your attention, the episodes were packed with humor and had an easy plot to understand. I sure wish that they would bring this show back though, it was hilarious. I greatly enjoyed this show. But, sadly, all good things have to come to an end at some time or another.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10