The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Someday Your Prince Will Be in Effect (1)

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Oct 29, 1990 on NBC

• Of all clip shows I've seen, this is the worst unfortunately

I've seen clip shows from 'Suite Life of Zack and Cody' and The Simpsons as well as many other shows but I regret to say that this particular clip show really was out of place. It sucked how there is another part to the clip show which means twice the torture

Up until now, the show has been progressing really well but suddenly here we are watching an episode with a rather bland plot and rather dull jokes. I really thought everything about this episode was just out of place and too over the top, in particular Vivian's singing. That was just slapping the character and the show right in the face. The Hilary plot was just stupid and Phil's plot did nothing I really cared about.

Unfortunately, I regret to announce that this is one of the worst episodes I've seen :(
  • Part one

I have decided to review the Halloween episode in two parts. While this was a decent episode, what I didn't like about it was that it was a flashback episode when not even 10 episodes in. They could've cut out the flashbacks and had it be a standard 30 min episode. I didn't think people needed to be reminded of Will's antics. One part I enjoyed was the continuing development of Hilary. The best part might have been at the ending when both Carlton and Will chasing after that one girl and both come to her at the same time. For those that didn't see it live or on DVD it did create some mystery.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show the fresh prince of bel air will and cartlton are tring to get dates when they find out about halloween party and they go to the mall competing for girls and then it comes to this last one and they start to tells stories that were about the previous eps of the show and then hillry gets caught shoppinglifeting but is mistaken for someone els and thing is the girl that carlton brings to party was the real shopliffter and will the girl that was at the restrunt is the one that shows up to be his date this was a good ep
  • Weird

3.5
    This episode was just really weird. The pacing of it was weird it seemed, there was no real good jokes, overall nothing could really hold my attention. I almost changed the channel. I don't know why I disliked this one so much, maybe I will watch it again sometime soon, but for now, I thin kit is one of the worst episodes I have seen. Several will disagree, but I can't just change my opinion. Out of the episodes I have seen, which is quite a few, I think this is the worst episode so far. Perhaps of the whole series, I don't know
  • Great episode. This definately made this a great show.

Okay. This episode is great! If you've never seen it, watch it. This one is just plain funny. Ashley and Hillary go shopping and a security guard stopped them. Hillary also had a flash back of when Hillary had her last party. Vivian got caught up recording songs. This guy pretty much tricked her into doing it. She ended up having a lot of fun. Phillip was in a gadget store. He was looking at all these useless gadgets. One was this pencil cup that told him if he ran out to report to Stationary store immediately. There was also a device that made a beeping noise when you lose your keys. Theres also a device that tells you where that device is. While Will and Carlton are looking for dates for Hillary's costume party. They're are girls that they hit on that don't like them. One has a boy friend. Then Will and Carlton find Ms. Perfect sitting on a bench. They run over to her and look back and forth.
  • this is why i always watch this g r e a t serie man!

W h y t h e t v . c o m a r e d o i n g t h i s t o m e?
    w h y i h a v e t o w r i t e s t u p i d r e v i e w s l i k e t h a t? i g u e s s t h a t y o u w a n t a n a w n s e r f o r m y a n g r y . . .
  • will and Carlton compeat to get a date for Hillarys hollween party.

This episode was so Funny and yet kinda sad! You think a player like Will Smith be able to land himself a girl for a party with no sweat...oh well we all have are dry spells.
    The family goes shopping for a hollween custom at the mall for Hillarys HOllween Party. Meanwhile Will and Carlton make a bet for who could get a date first for the party. SO while They run around the mall hitting on every girl they see, Uncle phil is bummed out about having to get a hollween custom so instead of going into a custom store he ends up in a radio shock store where he starts to remember some of the episodes from the past season. Will getting Ashley a drum.
    This was a funny episode, very nicely written and done. I really liked how in the end Will and Carlton are running around the mall they play Wills song "girls aint nothing but trouble"
  • Someday Your Prince Will Be in Effect (1)

There's nothing really special about this episode but it does have a very funny montage at the end with Will trying to find a date.

The flashbacks seemed forced into this episode for time and were just filler which brings the score down a fair bit. Vivian singing was good at the start but seemed way too overplayed.

Now for the positives of the episode: there are some very good scenes from the Philip plot about the technology store and from Hillary's shopping expedition with Ashley and Will and Carlton's attempts to pick up girls.

This isn't one of the strongest Fresh Prince episode but it does have some entertaining scenes and a good end.
    This is one of the funniest episodes in the series. It also shows how Phillip buys strange things =D It was especially funny when Carlton made up the flashback when Will was walking with a girl and Carlton came to save her from the gansters trying to get her while Will just stood there.