The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Something For Nothing

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 09, 1991 on NBC

• Something for Nothing is a stand out from Season 2 to me

There were some stuff in this episode that actually made me question myself and life and it made me get connected to the episode in some way. The episode also had a good moral behind it and had great comedic moments. The episode is about typical selfish Will who wins a fortune but will not donate it to need to the needy
  • Will and Phillp debate over what to give to Charity

I liked the start of this episode. It was classic sitcom that is not to over the top. In this episode you see, Will's charming ways at the charity banquet. You also see Will mentor a young man. I enjoy this. Not only does he mentor Ashley as well. The character of Will has always enjoyed kids. The kid that he is mentoring seems to be a nice kid. While at the charity banquet I thought it was a little over the top how lucky he was getting. When you find out where Will donated the winning check, you appreciate him more, but if you have been watching the whole series, it doesn't surprise you. This was a good episode with some nice moments.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the fresh price the family goes to a fun raiser and will and everybody are having a good time and at the end of the night it comes time to draw the lucky winner of the cash prize and it turns out to be will and he goes up there to get his picture taken and then he hears he is going to take another picture handing the money back and he laughs and walks away with the money and philp and vivan are outraged at that when they get home will meets this kid and he starts to do things with him and phipl still wants will to give the money back but will tells him that he did do something with the money he gave it to the kid to put towards his future and philp is happy with that . this was a good ep
  • Something For Nothing

This episode has my favourite opening sequence with Will sneaking in after curfew with great visual comedy from Will and the ending being perfect for the pre-credits scene, the music really summing up the hilarious sequence.

Carlton’s odd booklet and Will’s lucky streak make the episode even more entertaining, with great lines from each including “Wow, you’re lucky, that could have been an asteroid” and “why is Michael Jordan with that kid from Home Alone?” as an odd combination for Carlton.

The ridiculous club tradition that the raffle is for no reason since the winner doesn’t get the money anyway and Ashley beating Geoffrey in poker were both great plot turns and both Will’s and Ashley’s plots are entertaining throughout, combining to make one of the funniest episodes in season two.