The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

The Baby Comes Out

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 22, 1993 on NBC

• The episode that changes the future for the Banks is simply an incredible one

As we know, in this episode Vivian is finally having the baby. The whole episode is filled with mayhem after mayhem, joke after joke and it all works great. The scenes with Will and Phil in the elevator were just priceless, the scenes at the saloon were just hilarious and all the injuries done to the arm were just priceless. This episode is one of the few episodes I laughed all 22 minutes straight. it was that good and everything in this episode was priceless. Definitely a future defining episode of the show
  • Viv has a baby

You can't follow a previous episode like the last one. I am glad the producers realize this could not happen. My only complaint is that I think they should have done this a little latter and have more buildup to it. The episode itself was funny from start to end. The start of the episode was one of the funnier I have seen in a while. It was funny how scared Will was by it. I also like that two of Viv's sister came to help. Too bad Helen was not there. The scenes between the salon, elevator and the baby being bore were blended greatly together. While some bumps here and there and no official name this was a good episode.
  • A very funny, yet family changing episode of Fresh Prince!

This episode starts out with Phil waking everybody up to come with Vivian to the hospital but Phil's not wearing any clothes, not even underwear! And that scares Will for the rest of the day! "Poor mom? Poor me! I saw Uncle Phil naked! And he was running!"

Vivian had so painful contractions that she hurt everybody's hands and ripped a pillow almost in half! I thought it was funny when the elevator broke down and Phil threatened that guy to give him and Will his phone. "Give me that d**n phone or I'm gonna rip your liver out and eat it... raw."

And 2 things we've learned from watching this episode are 1. Never break someone's cigarette in half and stomp on it in the elevator or it will break down and 2. When a woman says "Drop dead, troll", it means she doesn't want you.

Overall, a great, funny episode yet family changing because baby Nicholas Andrew Banks was born in this episode. I have this episode on audio tape because it was so funny. My favorite episode of Fresh Prince!
  • Vivian is pregnant . . .

Though in almost every family show, someone is pregnant, that show always tries to make it a unique episode, like The fresh Prince of Bel-Air's 'pregnant' episode. But, like in every show, at least one thing goes completely wrong. Like when Phil and Will got stranded in the elevator. Then Vivian hurts almost everyone's hands in the episode. Ouch! But I liked how some good decisions and remarks were good. Like when Phil and Will caught that man smoking in the elevator . . . Then Phil takes the cigarette and drops it on the ground and steps on it. That was good. (Though it caused the elevator to break down) But moving on to when Vivan, man, Vivian, (I keep on forgetting to add the extra 'i' in 'Vivian') kept waking everybody up in the middle of the night. Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  • The Baby Comes Out

This episode is very important as Nicky, Will’s fourth cousin is born in this episode and it could not have been handled better with the wave of hand crushing destruction, the elevator trapped and Ashley driving to the hospital.

Hilary’s opinion of Vy’s aging and Carlton following the beauty girls around the salon were great bits of the subplot and the way that everything comes together at the end is very well written.

I love Geoffrey’s crack about not knowing from looking which of Phil and Vivian looked pregnant and that is just one of many hilarious moments in this pivotal episode where Vivian finally has her baby.
  • Best Episode EVER!!!

'The Baby Comes Out' has to be the funniest episode ever!! Vivian really looks pregnant, and Nicholas Andrew Banks is the cutest name ever!!! I really liked this episode because I love babies extra a lot! (does that make sense?) Any who, Philip looks like HE'S having a baby more than Vivian he's so heavy! This is my all-time favorite episode!