The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Those Were the Days

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Feb 24, 1992 on NBC

• The best relative based episode

I hate those relative based episodes and reading about this episode, I didn't want to waste 22 minutes but this particular episode was very interesting with some funny moments and found myself laughing a lot and being drawn into the story. Good episode, great acting and delivery of dialogue- THAT'S WHAT MATTERS
  • An old friend of Phillp and Viv visits

Another good episode. This was a more serious episode but it has a nice balance of funny and seriousness. We have always knew that Phillp and Viv protesters in the past, but in this episode we see to what extent they did their protests. You see the influence that Marge has over some of the other family members. I like how Will tries to stand up for his teacher. Also on a small note but did the teacher look a little bit like Bernard from Lost? One of the funny parts is when FBI Agent came in and said he "tapped all black people's phone in America." He delivered it in a such a great way. I liked that the episode ended on a serious note. This was a very good episode and maybe one of the top five of season 2.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the fresh prince philp and vivan friend comes by and she wants to stay a few days and then they see the news on the tv about here being wanted by the FBI and they get all worried when a agent comes by the house wanted to talk with them seeing they knew her and they dont know what to do to give her up or risk harverting a futitive and go to jail with her. and will seems to learn alot from her about standing up for what you belive and he thinks they should help her and they do when the agent comes by they prentend to not know were she is . this was a good ep i thought
  • Those Were The Days

This episode gives some background on Phil and Vivian’s early life with the introduction of their old friend, Marge, who turns out to be a fugitive though it was predictable with the obvious clues before the revelation such as her refusal to have her picture taken or go out of the house.

Will’s favourite teacher being fired and, with Marge’s inspiration, Will deciding to stand up for the cause was a great subplot especially since only he and Cornflake tied themselves.

Overall, this is quite a good episode though it could have had a few more jokes but did still have a couple of great laughs.