The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Viva Lost Wages

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 13, 1995 on NBC

• Carlton 21's Birthday

This was one of the greater episodes so far this season. Even by pre season 5 standards this was a funny episode. My only complaints was that this should've been an hour episode. Also the second story was not much. However this was good because the episode was 30 minutes long.

What I also liked about this episode that I think it was shot in Las Vegas or at least off studio in a casino. Will and Carlton's time together was memorable and funny. One of my favorite things that I liked was it brought back Carlton's gambling problem when Will and Carlton looked for colleges. I also enjoyed how Carlton tried to get Will out of trouble and Will tried to get Carlton out of trouble. They end up losing all of their money and try to convince the Casino manager to hire them. Wayne Newton who played the manager did a good job in his role. I thought it was funny when Carlton mentioned that he wanted to see Tom Jones and he replied who. The meeting of the guys and the Casino Manager remained me a little of the meeting Will and Carlton had when they were managing Ashley's signing career. Of course they don't get the job and end up in a dance contest. Will and Carlton's dance was one of top ten if not five memories of the series. This was a solid episode from top to bottom.
  • The Last Temptation of Carlton.

The good thing about this episode is it's not an advertisement ploy where fictional characters go to a well known location and are involved in a rather weak plot. This episode is similar is in the same tradition as all those vacation from Hell pictures like National Lampoons Vacation or Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. It's hillarious because of Carlton transformation. He is at first his geeky self but then once he desides to drink the devil's juice he's drunk with the delusion of winning. And one gambling game of fun turns to too many. He's litterally has a gambling problem in only one day. It's not hard to believe since he actually caught it another road trip episode involving a slot machine that looked like an indian. He's sunk so low to the point of jumping down on the floor to collect one single quarter, like a football player trying to pick up a fumbled ball. And the final moments at the end were great, from Will and Carlton talking to the owner of the Cassino which is of course Waine Neuton and Will give a rather exagerated but interesting speach about the reverse side of gambling: people come to lose. Toward the talent act scene where Will and Carlton are dressed up like Village People extras and ridiculously dance to the 70's song Apache. Carlton may have came out of the desert a man, but had to pay a little extra to do it.
ABCFAM