The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

When You Hit Upon a Star

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 31, 1994 on NBC

• Will's birthday

This was a better episode from the last one, which is not saying much. This episode standing alone is still a good episode. In the past four seasons, we have seen Will dated many women. Many times Will has strung them along and they both went their separate ways. This time it was different. Again you get to see Will's charm on a girl, however this time she was famous. He quickly falls in the celebrity lifestyle. That and the fact he lived in a mansion for four years helped him get a big head. Maybe I am wrong about this, but I think this was bit of a callback to a previous episode earlier in the series when Will helped with Phillp's client. I think another callback is when Carlton tried to impress Michelle by saying her music sucked too. (remember when Carlton had the interview with the Princeton allum)

I thought it was interesting that Phillp got a little caught up in what Will was doing. One of the funnier scenes is when Carlton got mad at Will about the cake. The song he sung was so funny. At the end it was a different result with Will and the girls he dates. This time he got played.
  • When You Hit Upon a Star

This episode is terrific and certainly one of my favourites with Will dating a celebrity and getting too attached to Michelle who dates a few guys at a time and there are so many hilarious scenes such as the limousine, Will’s honesty about her latest album and of course the climax at the big fight where Will gets in an even more publicised fight.

Carlton’s cake order for Will’s surprise party and his recital of the advertisement jingle is one of the funniest scenes in the series and just one of the hilarious moments of the episode.

The ending was quite well plotted and a standard break-up would have been cliché, which finished a very amusing episode.