The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Winner Takes Off

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 04, 1993 on NBC

• This episode is a ride of laughs!

The jokes in this episode do not stop from start to finish. It was clever, it was original (at least it seems so)and it was funny with a great enjoyable story behind it all. The episode features Will and Carlton going too far in their scheme to get revenge on Geoffrey which eventually humiliates Geoffrey to the point that when he realizes it was a joke, he is ashamed to return. So, Will and Carlton need to get back our beloved English butler!

A lot of stuff went right in this episode. Joseph Marcell is absolutely fantastic in this episode and Geoffrey has never been any funnier in the show up until now. Also, by the end of this episode, we seem how much Will and Geoffrey's relationship has changed and for once, I was glad to see both Will and Carlton serious about what happened to Geoffrey. A great funny episode filled with a ride of laughs!
  • Geoffrey "wins" the lottery

Will's relationship with Carlton has improved since the pilot. It also improved for him and Geoffrey. This would not happen in the pilot or even a year ago. The pranks they played on each other were funny. I liked that Carlton and Will worked together. Geoffrey's reaction when he won was priceless. You just have to see it. When Carlton and Will tried to get back Geoffrey, it was a very funny moment. Another funny moment is when Phillp yelled at Will and Carlton. You were not scared by this. While not as good as the previous episode, this was a good showing.
  • Winner Takes Off

This is one of my favourite episodes of the Fresh Prince for so many reasons, Geoffrey being my favourite character, Will and Carlton’s swindling and “Daddy’s coming home!”

The lottery, the card trick and the game show are all hilarious scams but the rest of the episode is side-splitting aswell such as the literal “make me a sandwich” request and Geoffrey’s reaction to his winnings.

The plot is very well structured and the jokes fit perfectly throughout the half hour, such as Phil’s lecture and Will dancing.

With so many hilarious scenes in the one terrifically written episode, it is quite obvious why this episode is a lot of fans’ favourite.
  • One prank and prank after the other amounts to too many pranks.

This episode is great because we see Will, Carlton, and Geffory at his best. It's your typical morality tale about what happens when one prank goes too far. But other than that it's just plain funny seeing these three characters let lose their sneaky and id like qualities. But it's also enduring when their humainity shows.

Three of the funniest moments of this are Jeffery thinking he's won the Lottery and then acting out his feelings of excitement and freedom. From drinking expensive wine, breaking a very expensive vase, down to jumping like a rabbit on the couch. But of course when he finds out he didn't win he then throdles both Will and Carlton, pritty strong for the small guy he is. But then Will and Carlton put on a show for Jeffery to beg him to come back and show how much he means to the family, which was both funny and touching.
  • A prank gone too far.

Now this episode is funny! Geoffrey really shows his colors in this episode. Now, I know he was clever, but this was amazing. The pranks pulled in this episode were very well written, and anybody can see an episode this great took some great amount of time to pull off. This is one example of why I am such a huge fan of this show. I recommend this episode to anyone that has never seen this show, and for any of you out there that like Geoffrey, this episode is a dream. Overall, if you see it on television, record it, because I know for a fact you will be watching it again.
  • Will and Carton play a prank on Geffory. G pranks them back. But Will and Carton take the gags too far when they make Geffory think he has won the lottery causing him to humiliate himself in front of the Banks\'. Now Will and Carton have to get him back.

This was a very funny episode. I loved the part where Will and Carton pretend Geffory is their father. The credits were funny too. Plus it was funny to see Geforry go crazy. This is my second favorite episode. If you haven't seen this episode yet you really should. This is a series classic!
  • Will and Carlton play pranks on Geoffrey and G pranks them back. The pranks go too far when Will and Carlton trick Geoffrey into believing he won the lottery, causing him to go through a humiliating show in front of the whole family and quitting his job a

You have to see this one. While playing tricks on a card game, Will and Carlton rid Geoffrey of some money he wanted to use for lottery tickets. Geffrey gets them back by playing a prank with a taped game show. But the prank-for-money business goes too far when Will and Carlton trick Geoffrey into believing he won the lottery. Geoffrey makes a fool of himself in front of the whole fammily and quits his job. He actually leaves the house in shame and gets to work in a restaurant when he finds out he was tricked by Will and Carlton. After such a humilliating experience Geffrey is decided to not go back working for the Banks, so Will and Carlton put a heck of a show begging him to come back.

If this is not my favorite episode, it is very near at the top of the list.