The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

You've Got To Be a Football Hero

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 29, 1993 on NBC

• Will goes drinking

This was another episode that had some serious over tones. The B Story with Ashley and Hilary was nice but could've been better. I did find it interesting that Phillp didn't try to stop Ashley from dating the guy. This was the last episode of Jackie. It's too bad we don't get to see her again but I understand. Will tries to impress Jackie by getting into a drinking contest with a football player and suffers the consequences. The scene with the kid was touching even though it was a dream. What I did like about this episode was that it was just a dream. I also liked that Carlton brought Will back down to earth after his drinking binge. Another good part was that Phillp was not involved This was an episode that would set up one of the more serious episode near the end of the season.
  • You’ve Got to Be a Football Hero

Jackie is a great recurring character this season, and Will going to the party was a hilarious start that would become a surreal graveyard dream that is also amusing albeit a little out of the usual Fresh Prince theme and we also see Will learn a lesson about how to live your life, which is a little after school special but dealt with in an adult manner with great humour to go with it, a drunk Will being quite entertaining.

There weren’t a lot of stand out scenes in the episode but that doesn’t keep it from being funny but there are a lot of better episodes out there.