The Gates

Pilot

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 20, 2010 on ABC

7.2
  • Supernatural suburbia

The pilot was pretty good of this show but it had a couple of large problems that I think can be fixed with time. Mitra is gorgeous and her character is very intriguing, the scene with the sink was just enough of a grusome scene for this to classify as horror. The Chief of police and his family are suppose to be average joes but are way too boring. The drama of their past lives offers some interest but their family interacts are pretty banal. Charlie and Andies love story was quite realistic, but seemed pretty boring. I really like the idea of Brett/Lukas and the pack because of the metaphor of needing to find a place to run wild and cause trouble outside of the typical boring life. However there was just too much going on in this episode. Devon/Peg drama seemed interesting but they didn't get to it, Marcus/Leigh had some quirky banter but it didn't really have any purpose. And something about Dylan, was really overplayed.
    All in all a decent show that I will keep watching, but hope it gets better.