The Gates

ABC (ended 2010)

TesserT

The Gates Fan Reviews (51)

7.8
  • We Need The Gates Back

Just watched the entire first season on netflix and loved it this show was awesome please bring it back to tv or netflix straight to dvd doesnt matter how just want more more more
  • 1 # gates

5.5
    please bring the tv show gates back !. I love this tv show. it's great. I love how the supernatural beings protect each other from other people who don't understand the unknown !.
  • Unfinished Gates

The Gates is a genre television show with a fascinating premise; a gated community that serves as a sanctuary for vampires, werewolves, witches, and other supernatural creatures. The arc of the series follows the new police chief of a gated community, called The Gates, who has a dark past and discovers that some of the residences are not what they appear to be. Unfortunately the early episodes have some structure issues, and are unable to balance the main plot with the subplots. But after a rough start, the series finds its grove and delivers some compelling and action-packed episodes. Additionally, the show's ensemble cast is fairly strong and features a number of interesting recurring characters. An entertaining and thrilling series, The Gates has a lot of built-in potential for where it could have gone; but it wasn't able to fully realize it within its 13 episode run.
  • season 2 pleaseeee

Love moviee
  • The Gates

Loved it please do another season if not on tv on netflix. I have to see what Charlie is and who is the man looking for Leigh and what is going to happen to Dylan and Claire
  • Have to make more seasons.

its a nice series make it continue
  • Gated Community filled with Supernatural. Wicked!

This show is well described that supernatural wanna live a normal life like non-supernaturals. I can't believed they didn't continue it. People like to watch dramas of all type especially the zombie or supernatural ones. Reconsider for more fans.
  • Totally need more seasons

This show could go on for a long time. How could you allow it to just drop off please bring it back with more seasons WE WANT MORE !!!
  • I need this show in my life

I don't know why it was cancelled. But I'm begging the network to bring it back!!! I noticed some characters are currently in teen wolf. Either way a second season is necessary for us fans. I'm sure they r dying to know what happens next like me.
  • OMG!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED

I too stumbled across THE GATES on Netflix and i loved this show. i could not stop watching it until i got to the last episode to learn it was taken off the air.

Are you kidding me this show is great. I still watch on Netflix over and over. this looked to be better than Vampier Diaries.

***BRING THIS BACK***
  • Good concepts never stick around.

A gated community where supernatural beings live along side normal humans, peacefully. This is a superb show that has a great cast, great characters, and a great story-line. Just wish it had lasted longer on the networks. I wish that a Buffy or Arrested Development would happen and someone would bring this back. But I am not holding my breath. Worth a watch with your loved ones.
  • vahid

plz season 2
  • Waaaaoooo!!! Please bring this show back!!!

I want moooooore!!!!
  • Please bring the show back!

like others i did not know about the show till it was on netflicks.
  • What the hell????????

I never heard about this show until I came across it on Netflix. Whomever did the marketing and promotions for the series sucked because this one was virtually unknown until it was streamed on Netflix.. I love these kinds of shows so I'm always looking for a new one. I found this one and I loved it!!! I see a lot of people saying the same thing, that the show was great and bring it back and they'd never heard of it before. I'm certain that if they went on with a second season it would get a much better rating.

This also reminds me of the TV show Surface. I'd never heard of that one either until I found it on Netflix, but there was only 1 season and it just never came back. I really hate it when they do that, it pisses me off to have something end on a cliffhanger and never returned to to finish things up.
  • PLEASE GET IT BACK!!!!!

PLEASE LIKE THIS FACEBOOK PAGE!

WE NEED TO GET A NEW SEASON!

• WE WANT THE GATES

Loved it couldn't take my eyes off.. You can not leave us hanging wondering what is Charlie
  • Please Bring it Back!!!!

I just found this show on Netflix and now i'm hooked! I went online to watch season 2 and was very surprised to see it canceled. They need to film season 2 and let Netflix stream it. I think if the show would have aired today it would have gotten a bigger fan base and been able to stay on the air for at least 4 seasons
  • Please bring it back!!!

I really loved this show! I had never heard of it until Netflix and judging by the reviews I wasn't the only one. I didn't realize it was only one season when I started watching it; now I'm so hooked and need to know what happens next! This show can be huge with a little more advertising and a good time slot. If CW could have a hit with Vampire Diaries, abc can do it with The Gates!
  • Really good

It was a little slow at first then it started getting good. I'm very upset it was cancelled, season 1 ended with such a cliffhanger
  • EPIC SHOW

The one show they should get rid of is the knock of twlight show. The Gates was a great show and how could u end the show where it left off. Bring it back!!!!
  • the gates

the best serie i never knew about....great show all around.
  • bring it back!!

this is the best show that was apparently on TV but no one knew about. where was the advertising? I would have definitely watched this one! I hadn't heard of this show until Netflix. I watched all the episodes in on sitting. It is sooo good. I wish they would bring it back, on TV, on netflix, on the internet. i don't care. just bring it back - with the same actors is possible. such an amazing show!!
  • Bring back The Gates

Hi there

This Sunday The Gates was aired on tv here in Denmark. All 13 episodes i one day. And Ohh my God where have you been hiding this series.

This is by far the best tv series I have seen in a LONG time and believe me I've seen them all! I was hooked at the very first episode and it became like a craving for me. Just like The Game Of Thrones is for me. But to my surprice you have cancelled it!!! What the flipping F is that all about. This could earsily become the younger generations Beverly Hills 90210, just with fangs, succubus girlfriend and a hairy boytoy werewolf. I lovede Twilight I also lovede The Hungergames, but this!!!!! This is epic! Brilliant!! This deserves more airtime, many more seasons. This could be huge here in Europe and Asia well all over the world. However someone didn't do their homework good enough, because what about the marketing and exposure of the series. It deserved the very best and what did it get? Not that much I think, because here in DK I first heard of it 2 days ago, 2 years after it was made. That's just not good enough. Just because it didn't have the numbers in the US it could earsily have had it here in Europe. I'm sitting with an empty feeling now, because what happend to Charlie what had he become, super vampire or what? What about Andie? What about everyone else? Leigh/Isabella? Why stop a series when its just beginning to get more and more exiting . I want to know what happens. Why show us lame series. I would rater see The Gates, than True Blood, Desperate Housewifes and Sex and the City, because it's just that good. So get your finger out and start making season 2, however go worldwide. If Glee can do it The Gates sure as heck can do it.

Hugs from a huge The Gates fan in Denmark

Mie T. P
  • Bring back The Gates

I think now its time to bring back the gates. I didn't know anything about this show until I watched it on Netflix. Very good series. Please bring it back.
  • Please Please Please!!!!!!!!!!

This show is awesome!!!! totally captivated & couldnt wait for next episode!!!!!! i wanna know what happens next . please bring this show back on any station if i dont have station i will get it just for this show alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ABC: The Gates ROCK & should be brought back!!

Both my spouse & I were hooked from show one! Dialog as well as content capture and draw

50's plus adults into the characters and their storylines - not many new shows do. I too have completely enjoyed the Twilight series and this show beats it hands down in every way. If it can't make enough money during the regular season why not let it run in the summer line-up?
  • BRING BACK THE GATES!!! PLEASE ABC!!

I dont care how the ratings are for this show! This was the best series Ive seen EVER! This series is comparable to the TWILIGHT SAGA in my eyes, and with more seasons you will have soooo much more followers! I dont even have cable tv, I watched the whole season on Netflix, but this show makes me want to get cable. We need to know what happens to charlie and andie, and devin and everyone!!!!! You have to bring this show back!!!!
  • The Gates should be brought back!

I thought this show was one of the best supernatural tv series. They should bring it back for another season or seasons! If ABC family won't take it then forget them and play it on another station. Because this show is too good to be taken off the air.
  • Bring back The Gates!

I have just finished watching the first season of The Gates on NetFlix and was SO delighted to find a show that really caught my attention. It was wonderful and my husband and I were heartbroken to see it had been cancelled. Please consider bringing this show 'back'. It contained that magical formula that leaves you wanting more!!!

< 1 2