The Gates

What Lies Beneath

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jun 27, 2010 on ABC

7.3
  • An investigation

This episode showed much more promise than the first episode and offered some pretty interesting themes. Starting out with the good things, Claire's story line become way more interesting in this episode and her attempts become a Bree-like housewife are interesting. Her rapport with Devon is nice and her scene with Dylan was pretty hot. Andie's succubus storyline made her more likeable and gave Peg something to do in this episode. The investigation into the Chiefs death really brought out more information and seeing Sean from Roswell pop up on so many TV shows is awesome, even if he is being framed. Lukas and his father were a nice addition, even if the idea is a bit cliched it made Lukas into a likable character and way more relatable, Brett's sturggle was also nice and his confessions of love seemed earnest.
    The problems mostly come from some of the boring characters that it seems we are suppose to like. Sarcastic, but smart Charlie is getting the girl and we're suppose to be on his side, but he's gives a really flat performance. Nick's wife has no purpose and I like the actress so hopefully they give her more intrigue. The idealism of Marcus could become grating, but is still in its likable stage.
    This episode definitely made me want to keep watching and I'm excited for more character development.