Won't somebody PLEASE bring this show back

tb485

[1]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    In reruns, of course.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvking1

[2]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 42
    Shokus Video (www.shokus.com) has several videos and DVDs of episodes of Burns And Allen. A couple of episodes are of the short-lived spin-off, minus Gracie. Most of them have the original commercials intact, which might be annoying to some, but I like because I like nostalgia, and like to see a television show the way it was originally seen. I should make clear that I have no connection with Shokus, other than occassionally purchasing their products, and I profit in no way by dispensing this information

drwoowoocl

[3]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    Well, I live in Chicago and one of the local stations shows Burns and Allen on Saturday nights at 9:30pm. Maybe you need to find out if one of your local stations owns the rights and try to get them to start showing it.

dramafreezone

[4]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 16

I know when I was a kid (about 15 years ago) PBS used to run this show, with others like Jack Benny, Lucy, Red Skelton....you know REAL classic television. I used to watch them with my grandmother and was heavily influenced by their very smart humor (most of the time), they didn't just tell great jokes, but they were cerebral, not stupidity like today's sit-com garbage. There seems to be a couple tv stations out there, I won't name names, who claim to run classic television, one of them runs I Love Lucy (which is THEE classic) but therest of their programming is far from classic television. They've confused classic with old and cheap (fresh prince?full house? ugh!)