The Girls Next Door Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on E!In Season

Anyone Else Hate Barbie Benton???

methadvocate

[1]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 10

I was watching the re-run of the first "Fight Night" episode this evening, and "Her Majesty: Barbie Benton" was on.

I've seen other episodes where she makes appearances and I think it's horrifying how rude and condescending she is to the girls-particularly Holly.

Poor Holly has to act like it doesn't bother her, but you can tell how it just eats at her.

I LOVED it in this episode when Holly said (about Benton) "She's too old now anyway!"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

samarajunk

[2]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 9
    haha yes that was good, I also dislike Barbie a bit, seems quite condensending and trying to put down the girls in a way... don't know why Hef puts up with it really!

Serenityblu

[3]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 5

I hate barbie

I noticed in the one esp all the girls left when Barbie came. lol

naomi_tszuj

[4]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 21
    She is rude, but Holly was ruder, imo. It's a shame Holly is so jealous.

methadvocate

[5]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 10

naomi_tszuj wrote:
    She is rude, but Holly was ruder, imo. It's a shame Holly is so jealous.

Holly=JEALOUS? You've got to be kidding! Can you imagine the amount of self control it takes to share your boyfriend, someone you're in love with and want to start a life with, and share that boyfriend with a bunch of other women? I mean, sexually she has to share him with Bridget and Kendra, and then emotionally she has to share him with the rest of the women. Imo, she does an excellent job at controlling her jealousy! If I was her, I'd be clawing Barbie's eyes out for being such a condescending witch!

Barbie Benton is the one who cannot and will not let go of the relationship and hold she has over Hef! When she was his "main squeeze", she demanded he get rid of all the other women. She's the one who demanded they purchase the mansion in LA and get rid of the original PB mansion. He was totally whippied by Barbie, and he acts the same foolish way when she visits the Mansion. I give Holly all the credit in the world for maintaining her composure.

naomi_tszuj

[6]Dec 4, 2007
    Eh, I feel bad for Holly, but Hef and Barbi had a different relationship. There is a big difference between choosing to live an openly polygamous lifestyle with basically paid courtesans, and having one committed partner who you cheat on behind their back. I think Barbi is using the show/Hef to get on TV and for fame and a career boost, but her behavior didn't seem much different from any old friends catching up imo.

I believe Holly has genuine feelings for Hef and vice versa, and you can't help who you fall in love with, but Hef always made clear he wasn't interested in an exclusive relationship. Heck, he even said he didn't fall in love with her until after GND started airing. If sharing a man is upsetting for her, well, maybe she shouldn't have pursued a poly lifestyle.

mommacita61

[7]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    Poor Barbie. I think they all laugh behind her back because she dosen't come close to comparing to today's "Girls". She's elderly and ridiculas standing next to those beautiful women and herattitude has an air of psyco, bi-polar, what about me, me, me. She's last centuries news and should stay away from the mansion. She's not a threat, she's used to promote drama.

Hutton75

[8]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 7
    I like Barbie, but you get the feeling she views the girls as jokes. Especially Holly, Who should learn some self control. That sort of thing will happen, she has to learn to deal with it.

jra3209

[9]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 15
    In a commentary they said the shows producers called Barbie and told her to come for Fight Night for the show. They talked about how Barbie would never come if it wasn't for a role in something.

oldnick11

[10]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    I like Barbie. She knows that her relationship with Hef is over, so she teases the girls, which I find funny (even if others view her as aB*tch.

naomi_tszuj

[11]Jan 13, 2008
    jra3209 wrote:
    In a commentary they said the shows producers called Barbie and told her to come for Fight Night for the show. They talked about how Barbie would never come if it wasn't for a role in something.

I saw that too, but other girlfriends who have done tell-alls and interviews, have said that Barbi is a regular visitor (pre the TV show) and that Holly would always freak out and get realy jealous when she visited. I do think Barbi is using the show for fame and the career boost, but I don't believe Holly is truthful.

Stikkio

[12]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 13
    I cant stand her and she does things to annoy Holly on purpose and I like that Holly has held herself back from clawing her eyes out coz shes right Barbie is wayyyyy to old for Hef

Bwexiie

[13]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 2

Blah i dont like her! she is SO annoying!
    Ifound it funny when she came to the mansion and all the girls scarperd!
    I like holly, she's sharing someone who she loves, what most people wont do.

tricia_page

[14]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 1

I can not stand Barbi Benton. Every time she comes to the Mansion she acts like she owns the place. Holly is his number 1 girlfriend now - so get over it Barbi! She doesn't have a chance now - so Holly shouldn't be jealous. Back in the day - she was very pretty - but now she is UGLY - IMHO. Not even a LITTLE pretty.

He has said that he wants to spend the rest of his life with Holly. So she has not a thing to worry about. I just wish Barbi wouldn't act so snotty when she comes back. Her own husband got put in prison for 15 months. Maybe she is trying to get Hef back - course it wouldn't ever work.....

aspirinmornings

[15]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    Barbie is just a pain. I hate when she is on the show. She still considers the mansion her home and Hef her boyfriend. Move on! He clearly did.

angelz969

[16]Feb 29, 2008
    • level: 9

aspirinmornings wrote:
    Barbie is just a pain. I hate when she is on the show. She still considers the mansion her home and Hef her boyfriend. Move on! He clearly did.

Yes I aggree with this, I think she's living in the past. However, in the lastest episode she appears in in Season 4, she is actually portrayed a lot nicer and the girls like her. So maybe this is a new take on her.

mamabozz

[17]May 7, 2008
    I have never been a Barbi Benton fan, an dislike her now more than ever. I believe she's rude, insensitive, and clinging to the past.

blondiehsm

[18]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    yes i really really dislike barbie, she is so rude to the girls mostly holly

Aiytozee

[19]Jan 2, 2009
    First of all Mr. Hef is not a boyfriend to these woman, he's a perverted "Grandpafriend" to them. Can you imagine how weak these women are and the low self esteem they have? Young women have been BRAINWASHED into thinking that these types of relationships are right and they should be aspired to. You may think Barbie's a bit*h but she is the ONLY one that Hef ever had to deal with that had more balls than him, Barbie doesn't LET people walk all over her. She's the one to emulate ladies. Being a bit*h is not a bad thing. If more women were .. less of them would lose their boyfriends to the next younger and better looking version of themselves, less STDs, less absent father children, and less emotional anguish and pain. Come on ladies lets stand up for each other, for our mothers and daughters, and tell it like it really is. Mr. Hef is just a very old man .. with money. All those women that are with him.. they are selling their bodies. and you all know it. It's legal prostitution. Someone needs to break the news to Ms. Holly, that like ALL of us, she's going to get OLD too -- then some young playmate can say about Holly... "She's too old now". And Holly will finally "get it" -- that she was simply a meatbody for grandpa. It ain't so glamorous a life ladies.. it's all just faked to look that way, and you fell for it.

Aiytozee

[20]Jan 2, 2009
    Holly would NOT have "genuine feelings" for Hugh Hefner if he were not so stinking filthy rich and famous!! Surely, you all know that?! Holly wanted to be TOP bunny, the bunny on the pedestal.. Holly wanted to have endless amounts of money, fame, attention, isn't she then the MOST beautiful of all the bunnies if Hef picked her? All materialistic and egotistical crap.. Holly is a young woman with ambition on her mind and Hef has been instrumental in that.. they both used each other. Even they know they're not in love, never were and it's all business ... ha ha, yet, the idealistic, romantic public not only falls for it but even adds to it like it's a big dramatic love story. I'm sure Holly and Hef could speak endless volumes of Justification and righteousness for their supposed "genuine feelings"... that don't mean sh*t.. murderers justify their behavior too. PEOPLE.. wake up.. you've got to know what's right... don't let these clowns on TV tell you what to think! Don't you KNOW?? No, you don't. That's why America is such a mess. Because none of you will lead but all of you will follow.