The Glades

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jun 26, 2011 on A&E

• This series needs an entire overhaul...!

I have been watching The Glades since it's first episode. It started off great but somewhere along the way, it lost something. Something big. With its great cast, how come it is floundering so badly? This show has a leading man who is being wasted by the writers! Matt Passmore is stunning and has star quality most shows would die for. Kiele Sanchez as Callie is perfect. What are the writers doing to them??? Nothing good.

The series started with a great tension and chemistry between Jim and Callie. Then the writers took that away and gave Jim other femme fattales to play with - and turned formerly bright, funny and loving, Callie, into a sniveling, indecisive, jealous wife of the creep ex-con she's still married to. All that did was to confuse the heck out of the characters - and us! Bad move Glades writers.

It got worse: then the writers decided to include Callie everywhere (in order to be with Jim more?) - so when he needed to investigate a horse farm, all of a sudden Callie was a riding and horse expert; when they investigated a treasure ship, Callie's "hobby" turned out to be treasure ships; this year when they made NASCAR the focus with actual drivers (always a fan draw), Jim and just about everyone in the cast could suddenly drive as well as Dale Earnhardt! Please. Writers. MY 10 year old niece could write this drivel. Don't insult us!

Just look at the number of viewers and raters on alone - last year vs this year! They are dropping like bricks in a bucket of water! Myself included! I got better things to do & places to go!

So much to fix! So little time! Don't waste this superb cast. Fix it - or let them go. They deserve much better than this - so do the viewers.