The Glades

A&E (ended 2013)

TesserT

The Glades Fan Reviews (72)

• The Glades

I was so looking forward to THE GLADES this summer. I was devasted that it was cancelled. I have watched Matt's new show and I hate it. I will not be following it. I loved him as Jim in THE GLADES.

I am really disappointed with A&E. I also really enjoyed ALL the other characters. You had such a winning team there. How could you cancel it?
  • A&E Sucks

I realise I am a little late to the party but I only just started watching Glades this year, after it was cancelled. I have really enjoyed the show and can't believe it ended like that. At least give us a Glades Special just to wrap things up. Callie and Carlos save Jim. FDLE catches the shooter. Jim and Callie get their wedding and most importantly all the Glades fans live happily ever after!!!!

• Trust me - I know what I'm doing!

(worst series ending since Sledge Hammer)

One of the few shows I watched in real time (most get recorded for later binge-watching IF they survive a season). Not too deep or dark - it would have been a perfect fit on USA (and maybe still could be - Satisfaction and several other USA shows are clearly "on the cusp" so could be some holes to fill)...
  • The Glades

With all the junk reality shows, I can't believe you would cancel a really good show like The Glades. Excellent plots, clever writing, super chemistry between characters. Who is making these stupid choices?
  • The Glades

I can't believe you're going to end this show. I love it. I love the characters. A little bit of everything, comedy, romance, excitement. I know eventually you will bring it back. Can't wait!!!!
  • Please bring it back

I have loved watching The Glades. I really do want to see what happens with Jim and Callie. Please continue the series for one more season.
  • Glades

Why would a network be so stupid to cancel one of its best shows. I have watched Glades from the very beginning have been looking forward to watching it all year. I truly hope USA or Fox or another network picks it up. Truly a ratings winner. I and 2.5 million people will be waiting for its return. A&E this was a true blunder on your part.
  • Excellent show, horrible network

I can't believe they cancelled one of the better shows on the air, and keep all the "reality" ones instead. BIG mistake. A&E just lost a loyal viewer.
  • WHY?????????

Why would you cancel a popular show like this. I loved watching A&E, thought it was a great station, Fell in love with THE GLADES from the very first show. I promise you tho, if THE GLADES does not come back with Session 5, and let us the loyal fans know what happened to Jim, ETC I will no longer watch your station and I promise that there are millions of other fans that will feel and do the same.

• This is stupid

this is very stupid to leave this show like that. t least make one or two final series for fans who like this show.
  • What the HELL

There is no way you can leave the show like that, Does Jim Die or not, does he an Cali get married, I know for me I never missed an episode and couldn't wait till they got married, Please bring the show back, even if its just a conclusion episode, all the fans have a right to know !!!!!!!!
  • protest on cancelling

This is such a great show, murder, mystery, romance. The cast are great together. it's such a shame you guys always cancel great shows like this one among others. Maybe if the producers see how much the fans miss the show that they will bring it back!!

• a bit funny. a bit clever. but try something else

very mild. nothing too bad, nothing too good. enjoyable for a while. until you start feeling like you want to kill that arrogant ADHD ass that is the main character. God help any of you that have to deal with a real life person like that. It was funny for a while, but it gets really tiresome and un-funny next, till the end. deleted the last season without watching. see it only if you saw all that is out there and have nothing better to do!

After reading the other comments I remembered more issues with this one and amended my rating:

- the relationship part - too much , way too much, importance in the show after the first seasons. It was a bad distraction.

- the actress - I actually liked her and I think she is ok. the problem came 100% from the writers. All that bull*** came from the script. that role was only just pushed there by the writers.

this all show failed because of bad writing - coming from writers or from the smart head giving them directions. sad. first season was really smart and funny!
  • Cliffhanger? Why?

Why do these knuckleheads wait until after the season finale to cancel the show? Don't you owe it to the 2-3 million fans to at least let them have a series-ending final show? DUH! The main reason I got interested in Longmire (which I love!) was because it was on after the 'Glades. I probably would never have watched it otherwise.
  • Fun, light detective show

I try and check out every new show as it comes out, and I really have no idea how I completely missed The Glades, which I never heard of until now, after it's been going for several years and apparently has just been cancelled.

This is exactly the kind of show I enjoy, a light, breezy crime drama with a mix of humor and murder. Neither as funny nor broadly silly as Psyche, it still has an enjoyable sense of irreverence. It's also pretty ridiculous, especially the part where he confronts the killer at the end of each episode. But it's fun.

While fans are undoubtedly sad it is gone, I am in the enviable position of having several seasons ahead of me. I hope it continues to be as good as it's been for the first few episodes.
  • poor ending

the way it ended sucks after all that lets shoot him at the end on his wedding day thats the way to go grrrrr not impressed
  • A&E's POOR JUDGMENT CALL

With 3.4 MILLION VIEWERS A&E's management decides to cancel "The Glades".

UPPER MANAGEMENT SHOULD BE DISSOLVED !!! Really ? They must give those positions to, well, just ANYBODY ! You can't even wonder WHAT they were thinking when they made this foolish decision because they OBVIOUSLY WEREN'T EVEN THINKING AT ALL. Nice to know that A&E values those 3.4 MILLION VIEWERS so highly. PLEASE SIGN THESE PETITIONS TO SAVE THE GLADES 4drduelly/please-save-the-glades/
  • Great show minus Callie

This show would get a solid 8 if not for the annoying and irrelevant Callie character. Nasally and needy, she's a distraction from the plot. If she's back in S3, then we'll seriously consider not watching. Jim's engaging, and Carlos is a great offsider. The lady from Law & Order is a great boss; and this could be a top notch show - just recast Callie or bring back that detective from Chicago and we're good to go!!

Hopefully Season 3 will be better than season 2...

Edit: Not better - worse. That useless callie is back, and more nasally annoying than ever. Dropped my rating down due to her. Bummer

Another Edit: died an unnatural death. The nasally Callie tolled the death knell to this show. S04 had more personal rubbish, and this coupled with predictable and boring writing dug this show's grave and pushed it in. Too bad - this should could have been OK with some casting changes and better writing.
  • Yay! A win for a better show in this slot.

Thanks A&E. I could not understand why this show kept going. Matt Passmore is a good actor and really deserves a better vehicle than this. The rest were crap. Kiele Sanchez .... really? Let's hope they find him something with bite. I'll watch it. But not this rubbish. Sorry to the fans out there. It's only opinion and you'll live.
  • WTF A&E!

Of all the idiotic things A&E has done, this has got to be it!
  • Seriously?

Is it just me or is it absolute cruelty to end the show with such a cliffhanger?
  • You have got to be kidding me!

This show is as witty and interesting as Longmeir, which I also love, and in my opinion, must better than Motive which is not being cancelled.. Please, you must not cancel it. Perhaps the time slot should be changed or something but the show is one of the best out there.
  • Bring the show BACK!!!!

The show is awesome and there is no reason to end it!
  • Save the glades!

The Glades is one of the best shows on tv. If A&E won't reconsider, maybe another network could pick it up? Even some sort of final episode to wrap up the cliff-hanger so it feels like a true ending would be great! Just don't leave it the way it ended!
  • Save the glades! Sign the petition

• tv movie

i agree with carina why do shows always have to end like that if going to cancel them make sure it has ended and not left with ppl wondering.... for example like prison break it had proper ending and finished with an hr and a half tv movie as the final break do this with the glades plzzzzzzzzzzz..... cant leave it at jim being shot even though it obvious who done it.....
  • Give us a final finale.

Oh come on, not again. A show that doesnt give you any closure, but ends on a major cliffhanger. The least you can do is to make a final episode - which really ends the show. Pretty please.
  • It is over

It is sad that the show has been canceled, I did really like it, it was not bad the story was good, I hope the network will consider bring it back for season 5 at leas to end the story probably, I am going to miss this show....
  • Expect the Unexpected

Okay i wasnt even expecting Jim to get shot right before Callie's wedding! I thought it was a little weird when someone cracked the door and no response then boom he gets shot!! Hopefully there will be a season 5 of Glades. i thought it was amazing
  • Where did the writers go???

Agree with Martyboy on the writing! what the heck happened to the writers this season! I liked this show the first couple seasons but this one has been horrible. The way Jim jumps around from suspect to suspect, accusing everyone, hauling them in then on to the next one, corny one liners, just awful! Hire new writers and bring back the original Glades.
< 1 2 3