The Glass House Forums

ABC1 (ended 2006)

The Glass House AXED! READ THIS!

andi-pants

[1]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 7

I'm not happy this week, I'm not happy.

I am so bitterly disappionted in John Howard and the ABC. I cannot believe that, after new 'bias laws' have been passed, 'The Glass House' has been cancelled, making its final show on the 29th of November ABC.

This year has seen The Glass House nominated for a second AFI award, and has also seen the highest ratings for the show across its 5 year, 200 + episode run.

It will be a sad day to see Australia's funniest trio, Will Anderson, Corinne Grant and Dave Hughes leave our Wednesday nights.

All the best guys ... hope to see you on our screens often in the future!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

merchantsflea

[2]Nov 12, 2006
    • level: 14

I was shocked and appalled when I heard about this. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Next victim: The Chaser's War on Everything.

alcoholhamster

[3]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    andi-pants wrote:
    I cannot believe that, after new 'bias laws' have been passed, 'The Glass House' has been cancelled

those are laws for sedition and stuff, which means anti terrorist and stuff. it was jsut that the govt wants to tighten up on bias at the ABC, and donald mcdonald wants to avoid funding cuts, which is, to an extent, admirable.

its sad that the glasshouse is gone now, but it was good how john howard thought it necessary to say he didnt ask for it to be axed!
    and good how wil said no holds barred.

and it isnt the chaser that is up next, they've been doing worse than wil, corinne and dave for years. it'll be an attempt to remove john and brian from their segment on the 7.30 report, especially after this thursday's.