The Glass House

ABC1 (ended 2006)

The Glass House Fan Reviews (8)

• The best Australian Tv show EVER.

The glass house is an Australian show that is no longer airing due to certain boring people who find it too "controversial" * Coughs * LOSERS * coughs* anyways It features the hilarious comedy stylings of Wil Anderson,Corinne Grant and Dave Hughes. Each week they have 2 new panelsists who range in profession from comedians, musicians, athletes, and experts in something. They sit around and discuss current issues and things affecting Australia, which usually turns into something else entirely, but is hilarious, and i had many a good Wednesday night laughing hysterically. This is a show that i dearly loved and that was taken WAY before its time. Bring it back.
  • the Glasshouse is, or rather was, a great show. perhaps not as good as it used to be, but the great guests every week more than made up for that.

The Glasshouse was a panel comedy/talk show, hosted by comedians Wil ANderson, Corinne Grant, and crowd favourite Dave 'Hughesy' Hughes.
    It really was a brilliant show, although perhaps a little past its prime. the weekly guests, prominent australian actors, comedians, personalities, and even politicians, made it well worth watching.
    the hosts were well at ease on air, excepting perhaps hughesy's ad-libbed starting monologue. its mix of current affairs and ridiculous humour were great.
    especially good episodes are those featuring fiona o'loughlin, pinky beecroft, that irish comedian who complains about his wife, liz ellis, senator natasha stott-despoja, the middle aged woman who was a sex therapist, adam spencer, akmal saleh and rhys muldoon.

the special melbourne international comedy festival episodes were especially good, filmed in the melbourne town hall. particularly memorable is the time that one guest got out his scrotum when playing an improv game of table tennis across the boomerang shaped desk.

a highlight of the show was when hughesy would don a hat and play the part of a newsmaker of the week, answering questions from the panel. examples are the time he was a gay ram, britney spears, and others.

unfortunately the glasshouse was axed, probably motivated by the dislike the government had of it, but on the upside the last five or so episodes were by far the funniest for years, with the hosts and guests holding nothing back, making fun of the government and commercial tv personalities.

so summing it up, and not just prattling on, if you have the chance of grabbing the dvds, or watching reruns on ABC2, then take it. sometimes it takes a while to get into, but it really is a quality programme.

BRING BACK THE GLASSHOUSE!!!!
  • The Glass House blew past my expectations.

The Glass House blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.
  • The Glass House is a mixture of bad joke, bad guests and really had hosts but that is what makes it so funny.

I love The Glass House. I am guessing it doesn't air in America but you guys are missing out. This show is so funny. It is for the older audiences and is very rud but is soo funny. They make fun of Shannon Noll (i hate him) and many more. If you live in Austalia you should watch The Glass House. It is on on Wefnesdays at 9:30.
  • Humour, current affairs, interesting guests

A great Australian comedy show, show casing some of the best in the business as they pull apart the new stories from recent weeks

It may not be the best show out there, but it would be damn close. Anyone who knows me knows I'm extremly patriotic. But that's not the reason I love this show. Put simply, it is just very funny! Sure, the comments get on my nose a bit, and sometimes they go too far, but they make up for it with their quick, witty comebacks and interesting perspectives.

Will, Carrin and Dave are some of Australia's best stand up comedians. Together, they make one fine show. I congratulate the ABC for having the gutts to show some fine Australian talent and humour. Here's to many more shows.
  • Gives a funny spin on current events.

This is definately one of the best comedies our country has to offer. Its been going for 4 years and compared to other Aussie comedies - thats an impressive effort.

Wil, Corrine and Dave are the stars of the show and they are all funny in their own ways. Sometimes I find Wil's humour annoying and a bit tasteless, but apart from that there is very little wrong with this show!

There are many great segments, but whenever Dave puts something on his head its hilarious!!!
  • One of australia's funniest shows...with Australia's funniest comdeian

The Glass House is a great show that "takes the piss" out of the news and current events. The show provides great comedic relief with australia's funniest man Dave Hughes and his unusual responses and unique voice. The part of the show where the audience asks the panel questions often ends with a great laugh. The "who cares" attitude is great as Dave, Wil and Corrine jump on any opportunity to make a joke about thier Co-Hosts. The show ends everyweek with the awarding of the Glass House Trophy to the stupidest and funniest news article of the week. A brilliant show that deserves more respect than it gets.
  • The glass house attempts to put a humerous spin on the major news of the week that has been. However, hardly any intelligent discussion remains in this once very clever and funny show.

6.9
    The glass house used to include intelligent discussion on the news with hilarious opinions and comedy from regulars and guests. Now days however, you are lucky to find any trace of a decent news story in the show. It is taking the course of similar former show, Good News Week, hosted by Paul McDermott. Host Will Anderson and regulars Corinne Grant and Dave Hughes are very funny in their own right but this show has turned into a wednesday night dirty talk fest. Complete toilet comedy these days, what a shame!