The Glee Project Forums

Oxygen (ended 2012)

Why Cameron, why?

alirk

[1]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 22

So, Cameron ups and quits! He was one of my favs..Now he's gone...What do you all think? Who are you rooting for?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alirk

[2]Aug 2, 2011

I hoping one of the remaining girls wins...Lindsay is prob my fav right now!

zookpr

[3]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 5
    After hearing Cameron was quitting, I was really annoyed that he could throw an opportunity like this away but after watching the episode I can understand why he did it. I don't agree, but I understand. He was my favorite, his awkwardness, innocence and talent were amazing but I think he is a singer, not an actor/singer as they stated in the show.
    Now I'm conflicted over who I would like to win. Damian is lovely and would be easy to write for (the whole foreign exchange student thing) but he doesn't seem to connect somehow but no one can fault his dedication and the effort he puts in to try to get the moves right. Alex is too much like both Kurt and Mercedes so I see his character as superfluous to the shows needs at the moment. Maybe after the rumored graduations he could come in to fill that flamboyant, diva roll. I love Hannah's attitude, she is so positive and gives it her all and even though they have the 'bigger' girls already on the show she is unique in her positivity (is that a word? - lol!). Lindsay is good but not great and I do feel her board was accurate, she seems fake. Then there's Samuel, there's definitely no one on the show like him but for some reason I just don't want him win. I don't even know why I feel that way. He gives it his all, he can sing well, he moves well but.....so I guess based on that Hannah or Damian are my favorites but I really don't think either of them will win. I'm sad Cameron left.

sunnstar7

[4]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 9
    I accidentally started watching halfway through the episode and they kept referencing the thing that Cameron went through but never actually said what he did or didn't do. WHAT HAPPENED IT THIS EPISODE?

muggle421

[5]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 13
    Sad that he left he was one of my favorites. But I understand why but I think he might regret it later in his life. I mean Ryan Murphy went and talked to him and said that he really wanted him to stay. Thats major. He was so awkward and had good hair. But now my other favorite left. I will miss you Hanna!

alirk

[6]Aug 9, 2011

muggle421 wrote:
    Sad that he left he was one of my favorites. But I understand why but I think he might regret it later in his life. I mean Ryan Murphy went and talked to him and said that he really wanted him to stay. Thats major. He was so awkward and had good hair. But now my other favorite left. I will miss you Hanna!

I liked Hannah too FrownI hope that either Alex or Sam get kicked off next time

muggle421

[7]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 13
    Me too. Alex has an amazing voice but he can be a bully. And Sam only has that one look. I want Damian to win.

StellaArzola

[8]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 1

I can understand why he did. I actually see him as more of a musician than a singer/actor. Also now that he's not tied down by this project he will have more time to focus on a music career if he wants to. Also now with the advantage of online media such as SoundCloud or Bandcamp he can upload self-produced material online instead of having to score a record deal. Also with Bandcamp he can upload his songs and allow people to pay for them via PayPal or something a long those lines.

Anyways, I LOVED Cameron, I thought he was great and I would've liked to have seen a character such as his on the show however I as a musician myself I do respect his decision. I'm routing for Damian at this point. Lindsay is a fantastic singer and a very talented actress but she needs to work on her insecurities. I feel as though she's acting all the time and we rarely get to see the "real" Lindsay. I feel as though everything she says soundsrehearsedand unnatural. And I can understand that sometimes it's difficult to allow yourself to be vulnerable, as humans we have a tendency to avoid situations that could potentially be painful but its also very important to allow ourselves to accept pain sometimes because emotions are what make us human in the first place.

Quinn, although herinitialcharacter is pretty cut throat Diana has the ability to bring vulnerability to that character so we (the audience) are able to see the soft side of her. Rachel has also shown us that she's not always so innocent and Lea brings out that neurotic,competitive quality perfectly. So basically what I'm getting at is Lindsay needs to embrace her true self and allow her character to be multidimensional and relatable otherwise people are going to be put off by her defensive attitude.

Now, this is PURELY my personal opinion, no need to agree with me.

StellaArzola

[9]Aug 12, 2011
    • level: 1
    I have NO idea why some of the words are smooshed together...but bare with me...

nafaton

[10]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 2

muggle421 wrote:
    Sad that he left he was one of my favorites. But I understand why but I think he might regret it later in his life. I mean Ryan Murphy went and talked to him and said that he really wanted him to stay. Thats major. He was so awkward and had good hair. But now my other favorite left.

I honestly think that chinks started appearing in the 'Pairablity' week, when Lindsay kissed him in their video, he got so taken aback by that he later called his mommy. They even mentioned that in his last chance performance. The next week, 'Tenacity,' he actually brought the video shoot to a halt. Amazingly, that didn't send him packing. But in 'Sexualty,' when they wanted him to kiss Hannah, methinks that was too much for him, so he probably had to walk.

BTW, in 'Tenacity,' Iknow I would not enjoy having a Slushy thrown in my face, but the're up there having it done to them, so to quote a famous poem close (and a recent crossword clue I got right), "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din."