A The Goldbergs Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 21, 2016)

Hey it's The Goldbergs!

Finally it's over! Your major broadcast network 2013-2014 fall television premieres calendar is complete! ABC has finally announced its premiere dates, and after waiting for all the other networks to show their hands first, ABC has released a rollout plan that's... rather conservative. 

The bulk of ABC's will shows debut during the traditional "Premiere Week," with September 23-29 encapsulating the juiciest run and the leftovers joining in early October. ABC's launch plan looks a lot like NBC's, actually. Reality show Dancing With the Stars (reduced to just one episode per week this season) starts things off on Monday, September 16. Okay, technically, 20/20 is the true opening act on September 6, but if you consider a news magazine to be the start of the television season, then you probably don't know how a computer works and aren't reading this anyway.

But what about the BIG NEW SHOWS? The biggest of all the Kahunas, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., leads off ABC's new programs on Tuesday, September 24. That will introduce ABC's daring all-new programming night, which also includes comedies The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife and lottery drama Lucky 7. Teacher's pet Modern Family gets a one-hour premiere on Wednesday, September 25, and new comedy Super Fun Night joins the evening the following week, on Wednesday, October 2. Grey's Anatomy doubles up with a two-hour season premiere on Thursday, September 26, which pushes back the premiere of Scandal to Thursday, October 3. Thursday nights are finally complete on October 10, when Once Upon a Time in Wonderland takes jumps into its 8pm rabbit hole. The reason for the OUATIW delay might be that it's expected to get a shorter episode count than your standard television show.

Suburgatory and new series Killer Women, Mind Games, Mixology, and Resurrection are all being held for midseason.

ABC's 2013-2014 Fall Premiere Dates:
(New shows in bold and ALL CAPS)

Friday, Sept. 6

10-11pm   20/20

Monday, Sept. 16

8-10pm   Dancing With the Stars

Friday, Sept. 20

8-8:30pm   Last Man Standing

8:30-9pm   The Neighbors

9-10pm   Shark Tank

Monday, Sept. 23

10-11pm   Castle

Tuesday, Sept. 24

8-9pm   MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

9-9:30pm   THE GOLDBERGS

9:30-10pm   TROPHY WIFE

10-11pm   LUCKY 7       

Wednesday, Sept. 25

8-8:30pm   The Middle

8:30-9pm   BACK IN THE GAME

9-10pm   Modern Family (special one-hour premiere event)

10-11pm   Nashville

Thursday, Sept. 26

9-11pm   Grey’s Anatomy (special two-hour premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 29

8-9pm   Once Upon a Time

9-10pm   Revenge

10-11pm   BETRAYAL

Wednesday, Oct. 2

9:30-10pm   SUPER FUN NIGHT

Thursday, Oct. 3

10-11pm   Scandal

Sunday, Oct. 6

7-8pm   America’s Funniest Home Videos

Thursday, Oct. 10

8-9pm   ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND

Fall premiere dates by network: ABCNBC | CBS | FoxThe CW

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/18/2016

Season 3 : Episode 24

51 Comments
Comments (51)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Does anyone know when Suburgatory is coming back on or if it's canceled?
Flag
Shield, Wonderland, The Goldbergs. Mixology to go.
Flag
Okay, I just realized the full name for Agents of SHIELD is actually: "Marvel's Agents of Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division"
Geez!! And even Marvel's Agents of Shield is long... Are we gonna start using an acronym for the name with the acronym? Maybe MAOS, hahaha. Ignore me. :P
Flag
I want 666 Park Avenue back! It was a great show and they had to cancel it but yet America's Funniest Home Videos stays? Yes a million videos of kids hitting adults in the nuts is way better than anything that cancelled.
Flag
and yeeeeey! Revenge and OUAT will be back!
Flag
OUATIW is a must-see for me. I also look forward to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I might give Goldbergs and Lucky 7 a try.
Flag
Agents of Shield and Back in the Game (Psych fan here!)
Flag
I won't be watching any of the new shows on ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX. They will probably be cancelled after one or two episodes anyway so why bother.
Flag
can't wait for Agents of Shield. and while I'm not expecting much, I'm gonna check out OUATIW as well
Flag
Just Revenge for me. :)
Flag
Shield on at 8pm is a red flag.. but being followed by The Goldbergs?? The Goldbergs pilot episode better be the best ever..Otherwise goodbye Goldbergs!!
Flag
Castle, OUaT, OUaTiW, Revenge and Agents of SHIELD of course! ABC is looking good for me.
Flag
DWTS, OUaT, OUaTiW, maybe SHIELD. My husband will probably On Demand "Revenge" when he gets home from work (after I leave for work).
Flag
Agents of SHIELD and Revenge for me
Flag
I'll be watching Agents of SHIELD, Nashville and Revenge.

And as others have said about ABC's sitcoms... These new ones don't look to be on par with some of the more entertaining ones they've had recently, like Happy Endings. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how audiences react before trying any of them out.
Flag
I think that, while ABC renewed some great sitcoms (Modern Family, The Middle, Last Man Standing, Suburgatory) they picked up some crap new ones (The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, Back in the Game, Super Fun Night). And they renewed a crap show (The Neighbors). The only new comedy I will be watching on ABC is Mixology, and that is saved for midseason. I think that if any network is to un-cancel a show (which is rare), such as Fox did for Breaking In a couple of years ago, it will be ABC and How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life).
Flag
Where's suburgatory??
Flag
It will replace a failing sitcom. It will most likely premiere either in January or February 25/March 4, is my guess.
Flag
Castle, OUAT, Agents of SHIELD and OUAT in Wonderland!
Flag
Why are "Once Upon a Time" and "Once Upon a Time in NeverLand" so set apart? Surely it'd make more sense, at least for the first episode, to have them in adjacent timeslots to help people make some minor connection between the two, as opposed to treating the latter like a brand new standalone show
Flag
Just Grey's and Modern Family. I really hate that Happy endings got cancelled. And I hate USA even more for being a tease...
Flag
Took a red sharpie to my calendar to pencil in Revenge. Finally!
Flag
I have a feeling I'll be recording enough material on Tuesday nights to last me the week. The Shield/NCIS battle will be the one to watch.
Flag
And Person of Interest, and Supernatural...
Flag
FINALLY!!!! Now I can get my DVR lined up. :)
Flag
Agents of SHIELD, Super Fun Night, and OUAT in Wonderland for me, plus some returnings.. I'll give Goldbergs and Trophy Wife a couple episodes to see if they're worthwhile.

the cast looks fine but I hope nobody watches Lucky 7, just another near exact copy of a British show being brought to America... just watch the original, and superior, British version known as The Syndicate.
Flag
Last Man Standing (unless this season starts sucking), Neighbors (unless this season starts sucking), Castle, Nashville, Middle, Modern Family and maybe Super Fun Night (although it will probably get annoying rather quickly and be canceled before Christmas).
Flag
Dancing with The Stars reduced to once a week? Oh the shame and torture. That's still one episode too many. This show has run it's course in my view but as long as has been stars are willing to embarrass themselves for money it'll keep going.
Flag
agents of sheild!!!
Flag
Now I can pencil in a date for my one-person SHIELD premiere party. Yay for me.
Flag
Where have all the quality comedies gone..
Flag
I miss GCB...
Flag
Is it just me or does every sitcom coming out in the fall look really bad?

ABC could have gone edgy, they were heading that way with B in 23 and Happy Endings. They then dropped them for what is coming out? Really?

Aside from SHIELD and Castle I don't see any other shows that are appealing to me from ABC.
Flag
The Bitch wasn't edgy at all ,it was just ordinary. I liked it for what it was an odd couple sitcom with ok writing (at best!) but it wasn't definitely not edgy!
Flag
As in "Don't Trust The?"

I'd call it edgier than your average network sitcom, especially since your average network sitcom is a family sitcom. Cable sitcoms tend to be edgier, but for a network, I'd say it was alright.

Chloe (Krysten Ritter) was doing a lot of immoral and promiscuous things. A con woman, a seductress, a lush, and a all around criminal. Most of her scenes involved her talking about screwing someone over or just plain-old screwing them all night.

I'm not saying the rest of the sitcoms out there are as friendly as "The Brady Bunch" but I'd say they are slightly less edgier than Don't Trust the B
Flag
Edgier than The Goldbergs, Modern Family and well basically the rest of ABC's comedies.
Flag
Really hope that Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd have Mitchell and Cameron get married in a one-hour episode! Also, I am glad that Last Man Standing returns in September, but upset that The Middle's premiere is only 30 min. Can't wait for Lucky 7 and I hope that Suburgatory and Mixology get on the schedule quickly.
Flag
No Happy Endings.

No Don't Trust the B-- in Apt. 23.

NO ABC FOR ME. I ban you from my TV!

(Except for SHIELD, which I'll discreetly download).
Flag
You are wise, sir.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members