We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A The Goldbergs Community
Wednesday 8:30 PM on ABC

GRAB A FIREPLACE POKER AND SHANK THE NEAREST ZOMBIE NEWS

... American Horror Story, which was just renewed for Season 4, is on fiyah this season. And I don't just mean SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS WEEK'S EPISODE Myrtle, who might have just met the business end of some gasoline and Fiona's cigarette. The series is really bringing it in Season 3, and part of that is due to Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates, who have turned out to be brilliant additions to the cast. So I guess it's a good thing that they've both told co-creator Ryan Murphy they'll return for Season 4. Everybody put on your nicest dress and meet me up in Spalding's room to celebrate. [EW]

BUSINESS TIME

... NBC will air a special holiday-themed edition of its fun summer series Hollywood Game Night. It will air Monday, December 2 at 10pm, with Ray Romano, Cheryl Hines, Gavin DeGraw, Rachel Bilson, Andy Roddick, and Brooklyn Decker as the celebrity guests. [THR]

... Sticking with the game show theme, Let's Make a Deal is doing two special Twitter episodes this season, the first of which will air on Wednesday, November 13. To have Wayne Brady explain what this means, click here. [CBS via press release]

... The cast of Everwood will be reuniting for the first time ever at the third annual ATX Festival in Austin, Texas in June 2014. Attending the panel will be David Hudgins, Rina Mimoun, Chris Pratt, Emily Van Camp, Gregory Smith, Tom Amandes, Treat Williams, Scott Wolf, Stephanie Niznik, Vivien Cardone, John Beasley, and Merrilyn Gann. Excuse me, I need to go buy my festival badge/book my hotel room/buy a plane ticket/dance for joy. [Austin Chronicle]

... Molly Shannon has signed on to produce and star in a new single-camera comedy that's currently in development at Fox. The project, written by Bruce McCulloch, (who directed Shannon in Superstar), centers on Shannon's character Fiona, a successful career woman, who ends up clashing with her pregnant daughter. [Deadline]

... Celebrity chef Curtis Stone has finally been named a regular guest co-host of ABC’s The Chew. If that title looks funny, trust me, I typed it correctly. Stone has been a regular guest on the show for awhile, but will now officially appear on a semi-regular basis, beginning with the November 12 episode. Yeah, no, that still seems like a worthless title. [ABC via press release]

... Stop me if you've heard this one already: Director Robert Rodriguez is launching his own network (HAHAHA) called the El Rey Network, and he's also adapting his 1996 film From Dusk Till Dawn into a 10-episode series for the network (HAHAHA), which is launching in December. All right, so those aren't really jokes, but this is: Don Johnson will recur as Sheriff Earl McGraw, a Texas Ranger who was played by Michael Parks in the film. Also joining the cast are D.J. Cotrona (Detroit 1-8-7) and Zane Holtz (Make It Or Break It) as criminals Seth and Rickie Gecko, originally portrayed by George Clooney an Quentin Tarantino. [The Wrap]

... ABC, you so crazy. The network is developing a series from Dan Fogelman (The Neighbors) about three former basketball teammates who reconnect in their 60s and discover that they still don't know jack about life. This makes the rest of us all really hopeful about our futures. [Deadline]

... Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas is reuniting with Diane Ruggiero to develop iZombie, a supernatural series based on the characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred for DC Comics. The project revolves around a med-student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the local coroner’s office in order to gain quick, easy access to all the brains her little heart (stomach?) desires. The trouble is, every time she eats a brain(YUM), she inherits its original owner's memories. Eventually, she uses that gift (?) to solve crimes and to quiet all those extra voices. HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS EXISTED? SHAME ON YOU, WORLD, FOR KEEPING THIS FROM ME FOR SO LONG. Ahem, anyway, I'll give you one guess as to the network that's developing the series. Ready? Go! *whistles* If you said anything other than The CW, please hang your head in shame. [Deadline]

CASTING NEWS

... Martin Starr of Freaks and Geeks and Party Down will guest-starr (ha, see what I did there? Sorry...) on an upcoming episode of The Goldbergs. Starr will play Andre, a video store employee (holy crap, remember video stores?) who takes his job a littttttle too seriously. Gee, I don't know? Someone who takes his job too seriously? That might be a hard one for Starr to pull off. [EW]

... Danny Masterson (That '70s Show) and Kris Lemche (Joan of Arcadia) have both booked trips to Syfy's Haven as the low-budget TV reality show duo the Darkside Seekers. They'll appear in the November 22 episode as Anderson Harris (Masterson), the man behind the camera, and Seth Byrne, the host of the show. [Syfy via press release]

... Kelly Rutherford, who played Serena's mother on Gossip Girl, is headed to Bones. She'll play Stephanie McNamara, an old acquaintance of Hodgins who also comes from a wealthy family. When her brother is brought in for interrogation in a murder investigation, the reunion between old friends quickly heads south. [THR]

... Remember this past summer when Fox's miniseries Wayward Pines was casting people every other day? Apparently it's still casting people, because Hope Davis and Justin Kirk (Weeds) have both signed on for multi-episode arcs. Davis will play Megan Fisher, a teacher at Wayward Pines Academy, while Kirk is Peter McCall, a realtor in Wayward Pines. [THR]

... Kirk Acevedo, who will soon be appearing on Blue Bloods, and Emily Rios, who had the distinct (dis)pleasure of portraying Jesse's girl Andrea on Breaking Bad, will both guest-star on NBC's Grimm. Acevedo will play Ron Hurd, a tough Army guy with a dark secret, while Rios will appear as Frankie Gonzales, a strong-willed veteran who has suffered some major trauma. [The Wrap]

REQUIRED READING

... Is Arrow the best live-action superhero show everMarc Bernardin of the Hollywood Reporter seems to think so. This is an interesting read in which he definitely mentions Stephen Amell's abs. Now, everyone bother Noel until he writes a response. [THR]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/13/2016

Season 3 : Episode 21

Next Episode

AIRS ON 5/4/2016

Season 3 : Episode 22

74 Comments
Comments (74)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
iZombie sounds so fun! I hope it works out cuz it sounds very original and that can be a big plus. :)
Flag
It is no surprise AHS have been renewed, is one of the best and imaginative shows on tv.
Flag
Love Kathy Bates and Angela Basset in AHS. Nice to know they'll be in for another round <3
Flag
Hollywood Game Night is quite a fun show to watch. I am glad it is back.
Flag
Rob Thomas, I want to support but, well, sorry no. And The CW now has the monster trifecta - vampire, werewolf (Beauty & the Beast), and now zombie.

Hey now, I was a video store employee. I was also on the set of The Goldbergs yesterday. Oh my god, am I on tv right now???

Marc Bernardin's arguement is thin, no meat on those bones. Doesn't even mention Alphas or Lois & Clark or My Secret Identity, just points out what he likes about Arrow and then lists other shows with little to back his claim up. Weak sauce, THR.

Bruce McCulloch is also one of The Kids in the Hall, but that won't save the series from Molly Shannon... or Fox... or that premise.

How does Robert Rodriguez, the guy whose career is "keep it mid-budget and under studio radar", decide to make his own channel with his own show? That's ballsy but seems doomed.

Old guys who played basketball and know nothing? Has nobody read Kareem's essay on "Girls"? Someone took his time at UCLA seriously! Guess it'll be players from Boston instead, amiright? #suckit80sceltics
More+
Flag
iZombie. That is a joke, right? I know some people call the CW a joke but still, iZombie? I mean, jeezloueez, eating brains to get memories to solve crimes as a zombie meaning you DIED first! Is iZombie using his life insurance payout to fund his college and crime fighting unlife? Plus, since he died, his SS# will not work now because HE DIED, so how will he fill out his e-verify paperwork to get hired on at the local coroners office. Please, this is really a syfy movie, isn't it!!
Flag
It's a comic book.
Flag
Sounds like a retarded one. Zombies are dead! How does a med student turn into a zombie and then secure a job?That would make her luckier than me!
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oh Hollywood Game Night, you had me at Rachel Bilson
Flag
Man, that zombie show sounds twisted. I need it now.
Flag
Awesome American Horror Story news. Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, and Jessica Lange are amazing.
Flag
Everwood reunion!? Amazing!! I have to book my holidays for then!!
Flag
Bates and Bassett would be perfect for my American Horror Story: DMV idea.
Flag
Why isn't Sarah Drew going to be at the Everwood reunion??? I need to investigate.
Flag
yay for izombie!
Flag
Yes for Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett. I really hope the Emmy's next year will have a tie. It has to happen! Best supporting actress for a mini-series has to go to both of them (+ Sarah Paulson). As far as I'm concerned, Jessica Lange for best lead actress.
Flag
iZombie seems to have a very similar zombie mythology as Warm Bodies did (with the zombies inheriting the memories of those whose brains they consume).

The premise sounds ridiculous, but I can't help but be intrigued by the how genre-bending the idea is. A crime procedural with strong medical elements and a female zombie as the lead? I'm in.
Flag
The problem I have with American Horror Story using the same actors for multiple seasons is that I'm worried they'll get stuck playing different variations of practically the same character. I mean, Jessica Lange is great, but how different have Constance, Sister Jude, and Fiona been? They're all cold-hearted, self-serving and manipulative women, who underneath resent their exterior and loathe themselves for been so unsympathetic to those around them. What's the bet they'll try and create a charcter that even crazy than Madame LaLaurie for Kathy Bates next season?
Flag
"How different have Constance, Sister Jude and Fiona been?"

Wildly different? Lily Rabe is an even better example. Nora, Devil and Misty are nothing alike.
Flag
Lily Rabe is freakin' amazing!
Flag
I'd disagree on the similarity of roles. I kind of see you point, all threee characters have a similar starting point, but the journey and the transformation of the character throughout the seasons makes them differ greatly.
Picture devilish Constance at the end of the season and compare her with remorseful and caring Sister Jude. Two entirely different roles, there you have it :)
Flag
"You're watching RRN, the Robert Rodriguez Network. Coming up next: Recipes with Robert, followed by Robert Sings, and then a Robert Rodriguez adult cartoon show where he voices a raunchy bunny."

......anyway, where's my Michelle Rodriguez Network?

Flag
Must... avoid... making... "LOGO" joke!
Flag
Arrow can't possibly be the best ever; it's so boring sometimes.

Then again, what else is in the running? There have been less than ten live-action superhero shows altogether: The Adventures of Superman, The Flash, Smallville, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey, Superboy, Adam West Batman......

.......wait, I just realized. Adam West Batman wins.
Flag
So, Molly Shannon is remaking MOM?

Would it not be better if the Fogelman series was about three 60-year-old basketball phenoms?

iZombie sounds good, as it does have a little bit of a twist, I suppose. Hopefully, CW can pull it off.

Arrow the best superhero show ever? No. It has the potential, but I think stupid things, particularly this season, keep it from being so.
Flag
HAHAHA, MOM being remade with an even lesser talented lead. How can it miss?
Flag
How is Haven low rated budget on Cable Tv? OMG!!! If it's so low budget airing on Television? Please tell why does it have 4 Seasons this long then!!! And it is whole a lot better show entertainment than any other shown on Network Channels... Wow!!! Haven didn't get cancelled off the airwaves after Season 1 or after 5 episodes... Oh, man! Haven got to have fan base lasted this long with 4 seasons... Just because some people doesn't understand the storyline at times in and there... It doesn't really mean it's low budget show feature on Cable Tv ,,,

And since when is Drama or Sitcoms shows reality shows? I thought when people say they're stick and tired of reality shows on Tv... I thought they really meant game shows packing up Tv... Not Drama or Sitcoms!
Flag
You need to read what it says again.
In a upcoming episode of Haven the two real-life actors Danny Masterson and Kris Lemche guest star AS low-budget reality TV show stars. One will play the cameraman, the other will play the host of the reality TV show - within Haven. Basically, a reality show that exists in the Haven universe. This will all take place in an episode of Haven.

On a completely separate note: Haven is also a low-budget show. Just FYI
Flag
Never mind... I understand now!

I just answer my own question yesterday...
So, i discovered it's a reality TV show within Haven, by these 2 two people is low budget documentary stage like of Haven... Just like how they set up similar stage of Scream in Scream 3 called the Stab...
Flag
FINALLY! It only took how many of us telling you to get this point across???
Flag
Holy Cow!!!! Relax!!!
I thought they were talking about Haven itself at first... Not some kind documentary stage like of Haven being a low budget...

Calm down, people!!!
anybody would mistaken and understood they were talking about Haven... And it's haven itself is an low budget show on airwaves... They should've said it's reality stage like of Haven within side of Haven universe itself... instead placing words close together, make it sound like it's being something else entirely...
Flag
Flag
Flag
I think you read that wrong, the duo are appearing AS low-budget reality show hosts, not ON a low-budget TV show......
Flag
Not on a lot budget Tv Show?
Still saying Haven is a low budget Tv Show!

It's not low budget Tv show! It's one of best shows entertainment on Cable Tv...
Flag
"Well then...
If you people think Haven is low budget show playing on Syfy? well let me tell yea you then, it's doing quite well with progress of seasons and entertainment as an low budget show...

I will walk thru fire in a heartbeat watch anything on Cable Tv and their entertainment any day... It beats any drama broadcasting on Network Channels for sure..."

Please don't walk through fire. I love cable too - it's the best!
You are misunderstanding what I (and the others) am saying. I'm saying that Haven is a good TV show. However, it's not a high-budget TV show. Most shows on the SyFy channel are not high-budget. All that means is that Haven doesn't have the luxury of being able to spend a fortune on making episodes. For example, a high-budget TV show might get to spend about 2-5 million per episode. Whereas Haven or other SyFy shows might only get about 500'000. (These are not exact figures)
Therefore, in comparison to network shows, most cable shows are considered to have a lower budget. However there are some exclusions to this rule and it has been know to happen that certain cable shows (usually the successful ones and sometimes just the ones that are owned by billionaires) cost more then others or even more then network shows. For example, it is rumoured that Game of Thrones has spent up to 6 million per episode. Breaking Bad was one of the best and most successful cable TV shows and the average cost per episode was around 3 million. That is a lot higher then the cable average. It also depends which cable network the show is on, who owns it, how successful it is etc.

SyFy is a network that doesn't spend millions of dollars on the shows they make. That doesn't mean that the shows are bad, it just means that they do not have a lot of money to spend on making them.
I hope you understand now.
More +
Flag
Uh I'm a Haven fan and believe me when I tell you this: Have is a low-budget show. I think you just have the wrong idea about what that means. It just means that Haven producers don't get to spend a fortune on making the show.
Flag
Well then...
If you people think Haven is low budget show playing on Syfy? well let me tell yea you then, it's doing quite well with progress of seasons and entertainment as an low budget show...

I will walk thru fire in a heartbeat watch anything on Cable Tv and their entertainment any day... It beats any drama broadcasting on Network Channels for sure...
Flag
Do you know what low-budget means?
Flag
Wait a min here...
Are you actually telling me all these 60 years between Sitcoms & Drama on Television! Are low-budget entertainment quality than films entertainment...

Wow!!!
I must be getting old now! This whole entire world is changing with new generation things/stuff of planning what's good or bad...
Flag
Oh, i see now!
Those two people are from another show is low-budget. it has nothing to do what so ever with Haven at all... They're just guest starring on Haven, once was from another show happen to be low budget...
Flag
It means that the studio doesn't spend a lot of money on the show so it doesn't have great special effects or well-known guest stars, or shoot on location or whatever.
In relation to the above article, its saying that those two people are guest starring on Haven as two people who host a low-budget reality show, within the Haven universe. Absolutely NOTHING was said about the budgetry status of Haven as a show, although I feel I should point out to you that budget and entertainment quality are not always directly related.
Flag
It means less money feature directly to DvD... It doesn't pay and support so much as regular films release, with high money summer box office films release...
Flag
how you could laugh at Robert Rodriguez in any way shape or form is beyond me. you must have the world's shittiest taste.
Flag
The Spy Kids sequels, The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl, turning a clever joke - Machete - into an embarrassing franchise.
Flag
I think it is too early to tell for Arrow. Smallville, though I never saw it had a fairly long run.

Also, there was The Cape, Abed said it was awesome.
Flag
Abed was right. It was awesome. Mind numbingly stupid, but pure, unfiltered awesome. It had Kieth David & a midget that could kick some serious ass.
I still miss it to this day :(
Flag
A Robert Rodriguez network and a Dusk Till Dawn series?
Too.Effin.Cool.On.Toast :D
Flag
Arrow is the best live action superhero show ever
Flag
I really need to watch that show, it is on Netflix, so I really have no excuse not to give it a shot.
Flag
do watch, if you're anything like me (and judging by your choice of aria as an avatar you are) expect a drop in quality after the first season unfortunately. the first season however was something special.
Flag
That's good to know. I plan on watching it soon.
Flag
Yeah so far I'm preferring season 2...
Flag
I couldn't stop laughing while reading Kaitlin's piece on iZombie. I was even thinking "It's the CW, right? It's got to be the CW that's making this. It HAS to be the CW!" towards the end there.

Aww I miss Everwood. Vivien Cardone's bound to be all adult by now.

and Yay! to Angella Bassett and Kathy Bates for joining AHS:S4.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members