The Golden Girls

A Piece of Cake

Aired Unknown May 09, 1987 on NBC

• Not my favorite episode!

5.5
    So the girls want to surprise Blanche on her birthday by pretending it's someone else's birthday. To me, to do that might have been a good idea if they didn't do all the flashbacks. They were just silly and unfunny. The scene with Rose in her kitchen with the cake was touching so I liked that scene, but the whole Mr. Ha-Ha thing was unnecessary and they didn't need to do all the flashbacks. It would have been funnier to see them trying to keep Blanche from finding out.
  • Flashback episodes

As the girls are in the kitchen.As they were catering for an friend birthday.Sophia forgot to do the cake.So as she was doing it.The girls begin to remember birthdays.Rose remembers how she celebrated her birthday.When Charlie was dead and her kids were gone already married.She did it by herself.Dorthy remembered when Sophia was in the home.Rose tooked them out for Dorthy birthday.Which was more or less for an kid party.As the girls prepare to go to their friend house.After the cake was done.Apparently it was an surprise for Blanche.Even though her birthday wasn\'t today.