The Golden Girls

A Visit From Little Sven

Aired Unknown Nov 21, 1987 on NBC

• Little Sven is in town.

Apart from the one scene in Rose's room where Sven and Blanche have a chat, this episode has all four girls at their best.
    There's no doubt as to why Bea Arthur won an Emmy in Season 3, she steals the show with her calm and witty portrayal of Dorothy.
    About Blanche: 'Big Deal, more people get to kiss you than the pope's ring'

Rose's ignorance and innocance serve as a wonderful platform for comedy.
    Rose buys a cake from the 'get it while its hot' erotic bake shop. Shaped as a penis Rose is shocked thinking 'it was in the shape of florida'.

Sophia wants to learn how to drive. Dorothy isn't thrilled about the idea but decides to give her a try. However, after their first driving session together, this all changes. Dorothy: You almost ran over mrs. berlfine!
    Sophia: The woman was in a wheelchair, how much more damage could i do!.
    Blanche: Dorothy why is your lip stick smeered
    Dorothy: I just kissed our drive way

Blanche's past never ceased to disappoint me
    '2468, who will Blanche no longer date, Cobwerth' Hilarious episode.
  • Season 3, Episode 9.

This episode wasn't great. It was OK, not great. Season 3 is probably my least favorite season. The episodes were so different as compared to other seasons. But, anyway, this episode was decent. Sven comes to visit Cousin Rose and ends up falling for Blanche, until he sees his hot wife of an arranged marriage. I liked when Sophia said the bride was a "Lean Mean Swedish Machine." Haha! Sophia is awesome! Blanche pretended to be dating Sven to make her beau jealous. Ah, pure Blanche behavior. I like it, I guess. The show is enjoyable, but the quality of the show is not the same in season 3. Thankfully, it changed when it was renewed for season 4, as far as I can remember.
  • Rose's litten cousin Sven comes and wants to break off an arranged marriage for Blanche.

7.3
    This episode was just "above average." I didn't really find myself laughing out loud at anything during this episode. The only part I found partly funny was when Rose brings home the cake and it's from the erotic bake shop and she said she thought it was in the shape of Florida.
  • Meet Rose's cousin little Seven! She has relitives with the same name.

Rose's cousin's little Sven comes to visit.He is going to get married.Of course he claims he hope he is good at it.Yeah and Dorthy points out that Rose has to be smart person in her family.Since Sven thought that Blanche wanted him to leave.Even though it was just an misunderstanding.Yeah and Blanche begin to take Sven to places.Even made him to pretend that he was her boyfriend.So she could make some guy jealous of course.Sven tells Rose,he isn't going to get married that he is in love with Blanche.Of course that got Rose mad! Yeah and Blanche messed things up sorta.But this was very funny episode.
  • "It's like living in a house full of Howie Mandels." Fortunately for the show, this is not a true statement.

A Visit from Little Sven is a gem of an episode. The Golden Girls was on a roll. By this point in the series, each episode was rapid-fire with one-liners, intelligent comedy, and entertaining storylines. This is The Golden Girls at the top of its game.

Guest star Casey Sander plays Little Sven with humorous humility. His opening scene with the girls is tremendous. Blanche, with her flirtatious "Get out of here" is followed by the most appropriate "Well, it was nice meeting you, folks" as Little Sven begins to leave the house. Blanche's perfect summation: "I never thought I'd say this, but I think Rose got all the brains in the family." Great stuff.

Also especially touching was Blanche's subtle yet certain appreciation for Sven's analysis of her. At the core of Blanche is someone who likes to be liked, and Sven apparently likes her for who she is.

That is until Olga, Sven's predetermined bride, shows up. All looks and no substance. Perfect for Sven: "Wow!" he says with the eyes of testosterone enhancement. Of course, Blanche is devastated. But her on-again, off-again boyfriend calls and asks her to go boating. Blanche returns to form, and all is well in middle-aged Miami.

The subplot was also hilarious. I love the banter between Dorothy and Sophia, and this episode was noteworthy in that respect. Sophia wants to learn how to drive, but Dorothy is hesitant. It becomes apparent why after a "test run". Dorothy exclaims how she almost ran over an old lady. Sophia's retort: "She's already in a wheelchair. How much more damage could I do?"

So Sophia's solution: get a fake license. Yes!

Big points for this episode. This is the golden age for The Golden Girls.
  • Hilairous!

Okay heres the start: cousin sven falls in love with the so called "sexy" blanche deveraux and get this: proposes to marry blanche instead of his promised bride!

As if that wasen't enough sophia scares the living daylights out of dorothy when she tries to prepare sophia for her driving lession holy geez somebody get this crazy grandma off the road!

meanwhile poor rose is right smack in the middle of trying to solve the problem with sven trying to marry blanche instead of cousin i think olga or something anyway thats how this episode was so funny in every way!