The Golden Girls

All That Jazz

Aired Unknown Dec 02, 1989 on NBC

7.8
  • Dorothy's son Michael shows up after quitting another job and she's afraid he'll never grow up. Meanwhile the stress from Rose's new job is driving her and everyone else crazy.

By now in Season 5 the writer's are really not paying attention to the details. Michael shows up on the doorstep after quitting his latest job. Dorothy asks him about his wife Lorraine and he says she through him out. There is no mention of the baby she was having!! Suddenly Michael is 30, even though he was just 23 when he got married! Changing the age is one thing, but are we supposed to believe that no one would even mention the baby? This show does have some funny lines and Rose is her usual "dim bulb" self. The scene where she is staring at the light bulbs to see which one goes out first is funny, along with her sticking her entire hand into a bucket of water, instead of just the watch to see if it's waterproof! Continuity errors start to become more and more frequent from this point, and for us die hard fans, we just learned to live with it!!