The Golden Girls

Big Daddy's Little Lady

Aired Unknown Nov 15, 1986 on NBC

• Big Daddy is finally getting remarried.

Dorthy and Rose decides to enter an song writing contest.Blanche father comes with an big news which is that he was getting married.He explained that his fiancee is flying from Miami.Except he forgot to tell Blanche one detail that the woman he was going to marry is and the age of her.So she probbably got the idea that she was much older than Blanche was.Blanche was so excited about meeting Big Daddy fiancee,she goes in an deep shock.When she see's that she was younger than Big Daddy and her of course.She couldn't accept her father getting married to an younger woman.But in th end she gave up and let Big Daddy get married to her.
  • Big mummy is in town

So big daddy is back, played by a different actor, and he has big news: 'He's getting married'
    Blanche lets out a massive scream when told and big daddy isn't sure if she's happy.
    Big Daddy: Is she happy?
    Rose: I don't know... i've never heard her make that sound before
    Dorothy: No i've heard her make the sound and i can assure you... she was happy

One of my favorite lines of the series
    Ofcourse blanches happiness changes to anger when we meet Margaret,who is even younger than Blanche

The Sub plot of the episode is Rose and Dorothy writing a song about the city of Miami for 10,000 dollars.
    I love the conflicting personalities coming together. Rose's playful nature and Dorothy's no joke zone
    Dorothy: Tickle the ivories rose
    Rose: (tickling the piano keys) googi googi goo
    Dorothy: Rose.. play or die

The only reason i didn't give this episode a 10 is because of the scene were blanche talks to big Daddy at the hotel. It was boring and although touching at times, it didn't really work
  • Say hello to "Big Mommy."

I more enjoyed Dorothy and Rose's songwriting story more than Blanche and Big Daddy. However, it was great to see how adament Blanche was against the marriage and how she only wanted what was best for her father. I think the "interuterine" line was absolutely classic. This was a very funny episode. Miami really does have "style."