The Golden Girls

Dancing in the Dark

Aired Unknown Nov 04, 1989 on NBC

• I really liked this episode.

What a great line when Rose calls Blanche a "backstabbing slut" right after she begged Blanche to go out with him. I felt so bad when Dorothy kept using her smarts around Niles. The night was supposed to be about Rose. Although Rose was sad for the most part of the episode, I felt for her, which made up for her lack of comic presence in this episode.
  • Can you believe that backstabbing slut?

I really love this episode... It's nice to see an episode be this funny while still being realistic - it seems like a plot that really could happen to real people, unlike some of the episodes. You really feel for Rose and understand why she feels dumb around Miles, and not just because Rose is stupid, but as Dorothy says, anyone might feel out of place in her situation, dating a college professor. I love the relationship between Rose and Miles, it's no wonder they kept it going for the rest of the series. They're quite charming together. It's also funny to see Blanche in a dating slump. I love the way she tries to steal Miles ("Can you believe that backstabbing slut?") and it's great that it doesn't work. I also enjoy watching the last scene where all the girls are dancing with someone at the dancing club. This episode is very sweet and lovely to watch.
  • 'Can you believe that backstabbing slut'

One of the funniest lines in this one liner packed episode. Rue Mclanahan delivers the best performance in this episode. Blanche is going through a dating slump, which brings out her superficiality brillantly.
    'So long since i've been dipped'
    'I'm burning off my excess sexual energy'

Rose is quite touching in this one. For the first time ever we get to see Rose self conscious and awkwards towards another person. Miles is in no-way rude to Rose, however his title as 'College Professor' and all his snotty friends cause Rose to question her capabilities. Rose is not necessarily the smartest person, however her unique brand of wisdom is what makes her such a strong willed person. Dorothy and Sophia are at their best when not involved in the Storyline and provide hilarious one-liners and zingy observations
    'There really is one born every minute'
    'Cabbage she feeds me, in a few seconds i could be sky riding.