The Golden Girls

Dorothy's Prized Pupil

Aired Unknown Mar 14, 1987 on NBC

• Golden Girls is one of my top 10 favorite shows but this episode is just bottom of the barrel!

2.1
    Maybe I feel this way partly because I cannot stand Mario Lopez on this guest spot or on Saved by the Bell especially. It seems more sad to see a kid get deported than comical. The only mildly funny part was the Weedenfrugen and seeing Rose force Blanche to wait on Dorothy. Other than that, nothing much else really happened.
  • Would it have killed them to have a Hispanic character that wasn't completely annoying?

It seems to me like every time there's a Hispanic character on this show, they're extremely annoying. Kid Pepe in the fourth season bomb "Fiddler on the Ropes," Rose's boss in the fifth season and Mario here... they all make me want to hit mute by how irritating it is to listen to them. Mario's problem is that his lines are completely trite and lame. I mean, HOW are we supposed to like a character that calls Dorothy "Teach" like that's supposed to be endearing? Ewww. Every line out of his mouth is lame. I really feel like they could've done a better job writing for him. But on a more positive note, the side plot with Rose being the veedinfrugen is hilarious. Blanche and Rose are classic! It's so funny seeing all the things that Blanche makes Rose do, and I love how it ends... "You heard her, Blanche, get cracking!" LOVE Rose there. Basically, the episode is worth watching, as long as you don't watch the parts where Mario is on screen.