The Golden Girls

Fiddler on the Ropes

Aired Unknown Mar 04, 1989 on NBC

7.2
  • the most racist episode ever!

I see others hate it too, but it seems to be for the fact of his being what he is, and not for the obvious bigoted dialog given the actor. (let us remember, the man is an actor that took on a role that sent his people back 100 years, due to the few roles available in the first place) He had to take the role "as a hispanic" and not as a guy in the show. So in other words, "we dont need you working on the show if youre hispanic, unless we need a hispanic to talk about his being hispanic". its clear the people that dont like the episode, seem to h"hate" the same the hispanic dares to say he is "like everyone else" a million tv shows have quotes shakespere, but this guy doing it turns your stomachs? I GUARANTEE you, 100% of you also feel that the country is going to hades in a hand basket due to obama, and "illegals". YES this episode sucks, but its due to the racism in hiring of hispanics for no other reason but to PLAY one. One of these days, white america will be able to see past themselves and see OTHERS and how their positions of power have effected others. Also, they had to slip in the "gay agenda" crap saying "people cant "turn gay" they either are gay or they are comment with zero reality in history. I'd like those people to say that to the men in prisons, who are there for the long haul. Straight men? turn towards one another. PERIOD. but the gay community quickly runs from "those" gay behaviors. its not all rape. Because SOMEONE is doing the attacking. Either he is a GAY person that "always has been gay" and they happen to be arresting a lot of them, or the person "turned gay" due to the environment. Whatever it is? the gay community runs from that reality.
  • Worst episode, right here

2.2
    Oh... wow... There are no words to describe how awful this episode is. It's probably number 1 on my list of all time worst episodes in the series. Not only is the plot completely ridiculous (who really thinks they would BUY a prizefighter?) but it's also very unfunny. Pepe is nothing if not extremely irritating. Every time he opens his mouth I want to hit mute. If I forget how much I hate this episode and end up watching it, I always have to mute it when Pepe starts the "hath not a Cuban eyes" crap. It was EXTREMELY annoying the first time he does it, and they put it in there TWICE? How could anyone find that funny? Ughhhhh.
  • Terrible!

I'm so glad to read that others hate the way he performs the adapted Shakespearean monologue. It's just atrocious, not funny but completely stupid, and I hate it!
  • Sophia is sent to the bank to check on a CD for the girls. Instead of checking on the CD, she spends three thousand dollars on a fighter. There is a grand prize involved if he wins his next fight, and the girls become his managers.

As the classification says, this episode just wasn\'t my favorite. No particular reason why, it just didn\'t really hold my interest. For first time viewers, it does not give a very good picture of what the show is all about. It wasn\'t that memorable for me either, as I can\'t even tell you how it ended.